Seeking a Great Vet in Charles County

SoapLady

Hi new to area. We have a senior dog with cushings and diabetes, and seek a vet who is experienced with this. Anyone out there in same boat and can recommend someone??

Thanks in advance,

SoapLady

thesilentwoman

There are some good vets in Charles County. Sadly, they have some not-so-good associates who work at the same practice. I have three dogs with very different needs and health issues: I really like the vets at Waldorf Animal Clinic. I can usually get an appointment when I need it, the staff and vets are patient and take time to answer questions and offer solutions.

KDENISE977

I've been very happy with Dr. Darnell at Darnells mobile vet. She's very knowledgeable and will research whatever your problems are if she doesn't know.

nutz

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
We currently use White Plains Animal Hospital just North of LaPlata near the Mexico Restaurant. You can call to see if they have the experience you are seeking. He pretty much tells it like it is and doesn't try to sugar coat anything.

10525 Middleport Ln, White Plains, MD 20695
(301) 705-8955

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
here is my issue with many of the vets..... this senior dog has BOTH cushings and diabetes which are very trouble some issues alone. But even worse when they are paired together. This poster needs and Internal Medicine Dr that fully understands the ins and outs of BOTH of these issues and how they will/can play on each other.

Roman

here is my issue with many of the vets..... this senior dog has BOTH cushings and diabetes which are very trouble some issues alone. But even worse when they are paired together. This poster needs and Internal Medicine Dr that fully understands the ins and outs of BOTH of these issues and how they will/can play on each other.
Who would you recommend? Maybe send her a PM.

acommondisaster

We prefer Dr. Cunningham's office Animal Clinic of LaPlata, 301-932-1881. Call and ask Helen about the particulars. Dr. Rush may be the better one to see.

http://www.myvetonline.com/LaPlataAnimalClinic/clinic-sitemap-dog-care-info.html

This is where we've taken our dogs for 20 years. We love Dr Rush, but I've never had a bad experience with any of the vets there. I didn't make a recommendation because we've never had a dog with diabetes or cushings, but I would be comfortable taking my dogs there for anything. They were especially wonderful when my rat terrier fell ill two years ago.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Not Charles, but I adore Breton Vet in Leonardtown. I recently switched after visiting VCA St Mary's for several years and I'm so glad I did!! Dr. Fenwick is amazing and her staff is so kind and patient. I have a Great Dane who can be shy/nervous around strangers (I attribute this to a bad experience at the groomer), and the staff at Breton took their time with us. Plus, they are much less expensive than VCA.