serious thread,, no really

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ez...

ok, I quit smoking in july 07.
did ok for awhile but since august Ive gained around 30 lbs,, the damn dog wont even fight me for his food anymore

how do I take this back off quick?
Im not sure what was a quicker road to early death, smoking or taking up two lanes of traffic when I walk down the road.

...start smoking again. If you were in shape and smoked, that's better than no smoking and being a fat ball of goo.

Or, if you don't wanna smoke, put down the freaking Twinkies and start taking walks every day and work up to jogging and such.

It ain't easy, so, just do it.

That should be a slogan of some sort...

bcp

In My Opinion
. start taking walks every day and work up to jogging and such.

It ain't easy, so, just do it.

last back surgery left me with damaged nerves to the foot so walking is pretty much a chore and running is just out of the question.

and I prefer, It aint easy so delegate

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Excuses...

last back surgery left me with damaged nerves to the foot so walking is pretty much a chore and running is just out of the question.

and I prefer, It aint easy so delegate

...excuses, excuses. Can you swim? Ride a stationary bike? Use any equipment at all in the gym?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Weight gain wasn't an issue when I quit, but I thought there was a prescription drug out there that you could take just for this issue.. Can't remember the name of it, but I think it starts with a 'P'.

If your doctor doesn't help you, and doesn't care about your 20% (Assuming you weren't 300 pounds to begin with) weight gain, I'd go find another doctor.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I wanted to do the Marine Marathon so I started training this time last year. BF and I would get up at 4am and ride up Great Mills Rd, down Willows, up Rt. 5 and back up Great Mills, it was awesome! Other days we'd run 2 miles and thats when I started to develop bronchitis and then asthma, I got the bronchitis 3x and I gave up after that. It sucked bad.

I see people doing it all the time and I've often wondered what the health benifits were of exercising in automotive exhaust