Sessions had contact with Russian envoy

Midnightrider

That wasn't the question Session was asked. The exact question:

Franken: "If there is any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this campaign, what would you do?"

Sessions: "Senator Franken, I'm not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate a time or two in that campaign, and I did not have communications with the Russians. And I am unable to comment."

CONTEXT! Franken is specifically asking about any communications with the Russians related to the Trump campaign. Sessions' communications with the Russians were while he was doing business as a member of the Armed Services Committee. I totally get how you are conflating the two, because you want there to be a relationship. But what Session did as a senator has nothing to do with the Trump campaign.

Sessions contacts were most certainly in the course of the campaign. they might not have been pertaining to the campaign, but that doesn't matter. "I did not have communications with the Russians" is pretty damn clear.

if Sessions answer was "I had contact as a senator during the campaign, but only as part of my business as a senator" you would have a very valid point.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The clip of Sessions giving sworn testimony ends this. He said he was told he was considered by some to be a surrogate of the campaign, not something he agreed with but then said he did not have contact with the Russians.

How is this not over?

PsyOps

Pixelated
Sessions contacts were most certainly in the course of the campaign. they might not have been pertaining to the campaign, but that doesn't matter. "I did not have communications with the Russians" is pretty damn clear.

if Sessions answer was "I had contact as a senator during the campaign, but only as part of my business as a senator" you would have a very valid point.

Sessions is a lawyer and knows exactly how to ask the question at hand. If you ask me a specific question, I am not going to offer any more information than what you asked for. Withholding information that does not pertain to the question is not lying. Perhaps Franken should have been smarter in how he asked the question. But, of course, it's Al the Comedian Franken.

Midnightrider

The clip of Sessions giving sworn testimony ends this. He said he was told he was considered by some to be a surrogate of the campaign, not something he agreed with but then said he did not have contact with the Russians.

How is this not over?
denial :yay:

Midnightrider

Sessions is a lawyer and knows exactly how to ask the question at hand. If you ask me a specific question, I am not going to offer any more information than what you asked for. Withholding information that does not pertain to the question is not lying. Perhaps Franken should have been smarter in how he asked the question. But, of course, it's Al the Comedian Franken.

well then he really effed up because no one asked Jeff if he had any contact with the Russians. He volunteered that 'information'

PsyOps

Pixelated

How is this not over?

AGAIN... what was the question asked? The question asked was if he had contact with the Russians in the course of the campaign. His contact with the Russians was in the course of his duties in the Senate Armed Services Committee.

PsyOps

Pixelated
well then he really effed up because no one asked Jeff if he had any contact with the Russians. He volunteered that 'information'

You are ignoring the context of the question. I'm now getting off of this merry-go-round.

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated
jeff's answer was outside the bounds of the question. :shrug:

your denial aint going to win this arguement

This is where you get things all screwed up... you think these debates are all about winning and losing. I am throwing out the facts as I know them. You can either accept them or not. I don't give a damn about winning. I know in my mind where this is headed, and that's all I care about at this point. You haven't convinced me of anything. This whole 'the Russians manipulated our election and Trump is at the center of it' is horse####. Sessions is just one more person the left can dredge up when previous subjects have failed to show any such evidence. When Sessions doesn't reveal Trump colluded with the Russians, they will move on to their next on the list... probably Comey.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This is where you get things all screwed up... you think these debates are all about winning and losing. I am throwing out the facts as I know them. You can either accept them or not. I don't give a damn about winning. I know in my mind where this is headed, and that's all I care about at this point. You haven't convinced me of anything. This whole 'the Russians manipulated our election and Trump is at the center of it' is horse####. Sessions is just one more person the left can dredge up when previous subjects have failed to show any such evidence. When Sessions doesn't reveal Trump colluded with the Russians, they will move on to their next on the list... probably Comey.

Yes, the argument that the Russians stole the election is garbage. Hillary lost it. Lynch lost it. Hillary's illness and the press ignoring it lost it. Hillary's server lost it. Obama lost it because he's Lynch's boss.

Now, how does that excuse US Senator Jeff Sessions lying under oath to a fellow US Senator?