Severe thunderstorm warnings

mitzi

You can't make it out very well...but in the distance are some vehicles parked along both sides of the road, being blasted by surf spray from waves crashing in to the rock wall. Why are they parked there? A home inspection company was there on behalf of prospective buyer.

Prospect: "Umm...OK..thanks...I think we've changed our mind"...:killingme

View attachment 145048

Gorgeous picture

Quick survey, lost a very tall pine, broke off 15' above the ground. Not only did it snap, but was tossed almost 50' away and took down part of a maple in the process.

Had to take the Sling to VA on the trailer yesterday. It was covered for the trip out, but it got so wet I couldn't put the cover back on for the return trip. Rained hard, Sling got soaked. When I got home, I just parked the trailer/Sling under the carport. Just went out to look at it just now, very drenched. Removed the carpets, they were like sponges. Spread the cover in the garage, maybe it will dry out with this breeze.

But it's not to worry, the Sling is waterproof, designed to get wet. Electronics, etc... all water tight.

catlingirl

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Is that the one that's tiny but tries to look bigger? Has what appears to be a garage/garage door but it's actually too small to get a car into?
Yep..that's the one. There is actually the pair of them...sitting on lots so small you could measure them with a hand rule..

Has anyone heard from SailorGirl? She's a mess in good weather so I'm getting concerned she hasn't chimed in... :eyebrow:

stgislander

PREMO Member
Well someone must have called SHA this morning. A crew is out cleaning the debris out of the road at various places on the island. Including big chunks of blacktop.

If our local delegate Mr. Crosby sees this, maybe he can scrounge up some funding to repair Rt249 in Piney Point/St George Island. Including some stone rip rap.

jrt_ms1995

Yep..that's the one. There is actually the pair of them...sitting on lots so small you could measure them with a hand rule..
When house searching many years ago, wife and I actually stopped and looked. The 'range' in the kitchen was a 2, maybe 3, burner type you'd find in a travel trailer, while you might have been able to drive a mower into that garage.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
When house searching many years ago, wife and I actually stopped and looked. The 'range' in the kitchen was a 2, maybe 3, burner type you'd find in a travel trailer, while you might have been able to drive a mower into that garage.
Yet it keeps selling and reselling for silly high money.... But not today, I don't think..LOL!

The siding and roofing were recently completely replaced. It's in a wind pocket that really treats it rough...