Sexual abuse and the opposite sex

buddscreekman

I don't think you're nuts, but have you considered seeing a therapist?

I have thought of it many times over the years as it has impacted every relationship I've ever had,including my marriage. But I am extremely uneasy about discussing the details of it. I feel almost as if I can look at in the third person and leave it alone,but if I have to identify with it and talk about it,it is almost like reliving it.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I have thought of it many times over the years as it has impacted every relationship I've ever had,including my marriage. But I am extremely uneasy about discussing the details of it. I feel almost as if I can look at in the third person and leave it alone,but if I have to identify with it and talk about it,it is almost like reliving it.
Maybe talking about it/reliving it in a safe place with a neutral person to talk to would be good for you in the long run. It seems like this is disrupting your life and you want to be able to get past it. I wish you all the best. :huggy:

buddscreekman

Your title?

You are confused. If you read the posting,as well as the title,I created a thread discussing two things essentially - a history of sexual abuse and how it relates to the opposite sex. Thus the title is sexual abuse and the opposite sex. There is some presumed connecting of the dots. And why be a dick and play semantics?

thurley42

HY;FR
A million apologies I win the reading is fundamental award tonight. I'm not used to heavy topics and skimmed. Very sorry

buddscreekman

A million apologies I win the reading is fundamental award tonight. I'm not used to heavy topics and skimmed. Very sorry

:buddies: No problem. I'm no doubt a little hypersensitive as well right now. And I know,it's a deep dish for the forums but I just wanted to get it out somewhere anonymous and get some feedback.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
I don't think you're nuts, but have you considered seeing a therapist?
This^^
Maybe someone else who has the same problem will pop in and discuss it with you. It helps to talk to others with the same circumstances.

Good luck to ya!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I know I should. If any of you have seen anyone and found them helppful and would like to share a referral,please pm me if you're not comfortable saying so on here.

Give Carol Marcy a call, here's her website: http://www.joylanehealingcenter.net/

She's quite holistic and gentle, and I'll bet you'd feel comfortable with her. She deals a lot with childhood trauma that manifests itself in adult reactions and she's very effective. You're not crazy, you just haven't dealt with and let go of the abuse you suffered as a child. It's perfectly normal and something that can be fixed.

Good luck!

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Give Carol Marcy a call, here's her website: http://www.joylanehealingcenter.net/

She's quite holistic and gentle, and I'll bet you'd feel comfortable with her. She deals a lot with childhood trauma that manifests itself in adult reactions and she's very effective. You're not crazy, you just haven't dealt with and let go of the abuse you suffered as a child. It's perfectly normal and something that can be fixed.

Good luck!
Love her!!! She's very comfortable to speak with. She has two of the cutest doggies that will greet you and keep you company, too!! :biggrin:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

Talking about it to an unbiased professional is the best thing to do. It may well likely be painful and uncomfortable to relive. However, working through it will help you in the long run.

:huggy: Good Luck!