Shampoo and Conditioner

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I've grown weary of the Redken line and need a change. My last purchase was Artec Kiwi ColorReflector which I like a lot but I'm almost out. What do you like ladies? I need a change.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I like most of the Redken products. But I saw this new Pantene stuff..can't think of the name of it. I like it. But, anytime you change up shampoo, your hair most always looks/feels better for a time. So, I switch up. I use the Redken primarily and then toss in whatever I see on sale in the store and use that a few days then go back to the Redken.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
cattitude said:
I like most of the Redken products. But I saw this new Pantene stuff..can't think of the name of it. I like it. But, anytime you change up shampoo, your hair most always looks/feels better for a time. So, I switch up. I use the Redken primarily and then toss in whatever I see on sale in the store and use that a few days then go back to the Redken.

I use to be an avid Biolage and Artec product user then I've been on this Redken kick. I went back to the Artec and really do prefer it. But I need to switch up. I'm a product ho. Totally unfaithful to any product line. :lmao: If you've never tried Artec products give them a go around next time you're at the salon.

I haven't used a Panteen product in years. Have they improved? My hair is baby fine. I don't want to sound snotty but cheap products scare me. Because it's so fine it breaks very easily if it dries out. I don't want to look like I have straw on my head.

I really liked that ION treatment I got from Sally's. I wonder if they have a whole line?

Tina2001aniT

pixiegirl said:
I use to be an avid Biolage and Artec product user then I've been on this Redken kick. I went back to the Artec and really do prefer it. But I need to switch up. I'm a product ho. Totally unfaithful to any product line. :lmao: If you've never tried Artec products give them a go around next time you're at the salon.

I haven't used a Panteen product in years. Have they improved? My hair is baby fine. I don't want to sound snotty but cheap products scare me. Because it's so fine it breaks very easily if it dries out. I don't want to look like I have straw on my head.

I really liked that ION treatment I got from Sally's. I wonder if they have a whole line?

My hair is baby fine as well and I love love love the John Freida stuff :yay:

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
pixiegirl said:
I've grown weary of the Redken line and need a change. My last purchase was Artec Kiwi ColorReflector which I like a lot but I'm almost out. What do you like ladies? I need a change.
The Bed Head products work pretty good.

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
I've used Biolage for years and it seems to work very well with my hair type. On occasion supply emergencies demand that I use something from the drugstore until I can get back to the salon for a replenishment, and for those instances I usually opt for the Dove products.

I personally detest Pantene, and refuse to use it. The stuff turns my hair into a brittle over-perfumed mess.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Club'nBabySeals said:
I personally detest Pantene, and refuse to use it. The stuff turns my hair into a brittle over-perfumed mess.

I would agree but this new stuff isn't like that. Of course, I don't use it long term.

Just looked at the website, it's the Restorative line.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Club'nBabySeals said:

Pantene has too much protien to use every day. It should only be used once or twice a week, unless you have extremely damaged hair. I always have a tub of the conditioner. Other than that, I use a daily clarifying shampoo and conditioner, off the shelf, no special brand.

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
Chasey_Lane said:
I have a styler of theirs, but have never tried any shampoo/conditioners. What are some good ones?
Moisture Manic is good if your hair is colored. Dumb Blonde conditioner is da bomb......(your hair does not have to be blonde), it is a little pricey at about $17.00 a tube, but you only need a little bit. I still like to use a pea sized amount of Nexuss Humetress and work it through my color treated hair after I towel dry it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Suave's designer knock-offs work fine for me. Shampoo isn't something I'll spend a lot of money on because it all washes hair the same. Weekly deep conditioner, however, is another story.

I'm using Paul Mitchell for color treated hair right now and I like it so far....But I never stay with one brand. I usually get something new everytime I run out...

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
workin hard said:
I'm using Paul Mitchell for color treated hair right now and I like it so far....But I never stay with one brand. I usually get something new everytime I run out...

Me too. :huggy: :we'reproductwhores:

girliegirl

pixiegirl said:

Bumble & Bumble products have worked great for me. I know The Hair Company sells this line, not sure who else.

Christy

b*tch rocket
I use the Garnier Fructise (sp?) sleek shine. It's the only thing that will enable me to get a comb through my daughter's hair. :shrug: I'll also hit my hair with some Suave clarifiying. I've found that it works (on my hair) just as good as most of the high dollar clarifying shampoos.

MargeInCharge

vraiblonde said:
Suave's designer knock-offs work fine for me. Shampoo isn't something I'll spend a lot of money on because it all washes hair the same. Weekly deep conditioner, however, is another story.

That's exactly what Consumer Reports says. They said they tested products ranging in price from $1.40 to $11 for 13-15 oz bottles, and their conclusion was that any shampoo will clean your hair just fine.

I buy what's on sale. If I have coupons, even better. Right now I'm using the Fructis stuff, but I really like the Aussie brand. It smells really good.