Shampoo and Conditioner

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
I never buy the same thing, I just get the one with the best scent! Like Vrai said, I do have a deep conditioner for like once a week!

W

Wenchy

Suave is excellent, and I stand behind it 100%.

The clarifying shampoo is as good as Neutrogena, and all of the different fragrances/types make it fun to switch around.

MargeInCharge

Somdmommy said:
I never buy the same thing, I just get the one with the best scent! Like Vrai said, I do have a deep conditioner for like once a week!

Yeah, my daughter and I are "shampoo sniffers" in the store :) What kind of deep conditioner do you use? I've never used them (except for a VO5 treatment once many years ago), but since I just got a lot of hair cut off, I may as well keep it as healthy as possible for as long as possible.

MargeInCharge said:
That's exactly what Consumer Reports says. They said they tested products ranging in price from $1.40 to $11 for 13-15 oz bottles, and their conclusion was that any shampoo will clean your hair just fine.

I buy what's on sale. If I have coupons, even better. Right now I'm using the Fructis stuff, but I really like the Aussie brand. It smells really good.
I also have fine hair and I always have better luck w/ salon products...the way it feels and ease in styling. Redken products are my favorite.

Wenchy said:
Suave is excellent, and I stand behind it 100%.

The clarifying shampoo is as good as Neutrogena, and all of the different fragrances/types make it fun to switch around.
My best friend loves her Suave...but it doesn't do anything for me.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
sweetpea said:
I also have fine hair and I always have better luck w/ salon products...the way it feels and ease in styling.
I agree, and I have thick hair. I cannot use Suave or similar "cheapy" products, I've tried. I always forget to bring shampoo when I go out of town...I've used my brother's Suave, and my hair ended up feeling like straw. I've used my BIL's pantene, again, hair felt like straw. I used John Freida's Brilliant Brunette for awhile and that was fine for awhile, but the conditioner just sucks. The only drugstore available shampoo I've had any luck with is Dove's Advanced Care Therapy. I've since had to switch to something a little more nourishing, since I colored my hair. I do like their styling products, as well as John Freida's. :yay:

W

Wenchy

MargeInCharge said:
Yeah, my daughter and I are "shampoo sniffers" in the store :) What kind of deep conditioner do you use? I've never used them (except for a VO5 treatment once many years ago), but since I just got a lot of hair cut off, I may as well keep it as healthy as possible for as long as possible.

Marge. I know you didn't ask me, but several times a year I still use a V05 treatment. I need no more than that, but if I've spent the summer in the sun I feel that my hair deserves it.

MargeInCharge

Wenchy said:
Marge. I know you didn't ask me, but several times a year I still use a V05 treatment. I need no more than that, but if I've spent the summer in the sun I feel that my hair deserves it.

Thanks for the advise, I'll have to try it again :)

Nickel said:
I agree, and I have thick hair. I cannot use Suave or similar "cheapy" products, I've tried. I always forget to bring shampoo when I go out of town...I've used my brother's Suave, and my hair ended up feeling like straw. I've used my BIL's pantene, again, hair felt like straw. I used John Freida's Brilliant Brunette for awhile and that was fine for awhile, but the conditioner just sucks. The only drugstore available shampoo I've had any luck with is Dove's Advanced Care Therapy. I've since had to switch to something a little more nourishing, since I colored my hair. I do like their styling products, as well as John Freida's. :yay:
You know...I have to admit that the Dove shampoo and conditioner I tried wasn't bad...I think it was the Complete Moisture something.

Have you ever found a 2 in 1 product worth a crap? It's a good idea but I haven't found one that I can use. It either has too much or not enough conditioning.

And when it comes to syling products...I have yet to find a decent one in the drugstore.

Somdmommy

:Jeepin' in NC:
MargeInCharge said:
I have some Dove 3 minute deep conditioning stuff...Works good, i like all of Doves products

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Joico Silk Results Shampoo & Conditioner -- I get it at Trade Secret ... great stuff! Silkifies the hair like NOTHING I've ever seen. :yay: :yay:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
sweetpea said:
You know...I have to admit that the Dove shampoo and conditioner I tried wasn't bad...I think it was the Complete Moisture something.

Have you ever found a 2 in 1 product worth a crap? It's a good idea but I haven't found one that I can use. It either has too much or not enough conditioning.

And when it comes to syling products...I have yet to find a decent one in the drugstore.
Aussie's Dual Personality (2 in 1) works well in a pinch, but I wouldn't use it every day. And like I said, I love Dove and John Freida styling products...they work just as well, if not better than salon products.

MargeInCharge

Somdmommy said:
I have some Dove 3 minute deep conditioning stuff...Works good, i like all of Doves products

I have tried the Dove shampoos and conditioners too and I really liked them. I'll have to check out the Dove deep conditioner, thanks!

I even like Dove's deodorant, in fact, it's the only kind I use now :smile:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Christy said:
I use the Garnier Fructise (sp?) sleek shine. It's the only thing that will enable me to get a comb through my daughter's hair. :shrug: I'll also hit my hair with some Suave clarifiying. I've found that it works (on my hair) just as good as most of the high dollar clarifying shampoos.
I impulse bought some Garnier Fructise shampoo and conditioner this evening. :lmao:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I'm going to Sally's after work. Who know's what tomorrow's news will bring. :faint: I know that they carry Nexus products. I used them years ago and liked them so if they don't have anything else I like then Nexus it is. :yay: Now, on to pester Vrai.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
pixiegirl said:
I'm going to Sally's after work. Who know's what tomorrow's news will bring. :faint: I know that they carry Nexus products. I used them years ago and liked them so if they don't have anything else I like then Nexus it is. :yay: Now, on to pester Vrai.

I have some John Frieda shampoo at the house IF you want it. You will just have to pick up some conditioner :shrug:

pixiegirl said:
Pixie... I thought of you when I did my hair last night. Last time I was as Sally's, I picked up a single packet of Ion Hair Restorer. You put it on washed, towel dried hair and leave it for at least 10 minutes. It says it will strengthen hair. I used it last night, and I must say my hair feels fabulous this morning. Sally's has a place in the back/far right that has the individual packets for sale... I recommend you give it a try...:yay: :yay:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
workin hard said:
:lol: I bought some BedHead Manic Moisture shampoo and conditioner last night. Haven't tried it yet...
I almost bought that (had it in my hand) but remembered that I was only out to get milk, so I continued on to the grocery store. And ended up getting shampoo there instead. :banghead:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
kwillia said:
Pixie... I thought of you when I did my hair last night. Last time I was as Sally's, I picked up a single packet of Ion Hair Restorer. You put it on washed, towel dried hair and leave it for at least 10 minutes. It says it will strengthen hair. I used it last night, and I must say my hair feels fabulous this morning. Sally's has a place in the back/far right that has the individual packets for sale... I recommend you give it a try...:yay: :yay:

I got that last time I was there. :killingme You've turned me into a Sally's monster! :jameo: