Shampoo and Conditioner

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Nickel said:
I almost bought that (had it in my hand) but remembered that I was only out to get milk, so I continued on to the grocery store. And ended up getting shampoo there instead. :banghead:
I spend $90-$130 a week at the grocery store. :frown: We don't even eat half the crap and most of it gets thrown out. :lol:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Chasey_Lane said:
I spend $90-$130 a week at the grocery store. :frown: We don't even eat half the crap and most of it gets thrown out. :lol:
I always buy a bunch of bananas, and forget that I have them and have to throw them out. :lmao: I guess I could make banana bread or something, but it's easier just to throw them away. :ohwell:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Nickel said:
I always buy a bunch of bananas, and forget that I have them and have to throw them out. :lmao: I guess I could make banana bread or something, but it's easier just to throw them away. :ohwell:

Put them suckers in the freezer for banana bread when you're ready to make banana bread. I always have bananas as well and we usually eat them right up. Occasionally we'll have one that gets too brown. Off to the freezer. When I have 3-4 it's either banana bread or chocolate chip banana muffins. You can defrost them in the mic when you're ready to use them. :yay:

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
crabcake said:
Joico Silk Results Shampoo & Conditioner -- I get it at Trade Secret ... great stuff! Silkifies the hair like NOTHING I've ever seen. :yay: :yay:

Where is Trade Secret?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Nickel said:
I made those all the time last year. :yum:

I have a VERY embarassing story. But I have a doctor's note.... I almost burned down the house a couple weeks ago. Ok, well not really burned it down but I should really have known better. So Noah and I had an Easter Bunny cake. Too big to fit on a regular cake container. So I had a cheapy little plastic serving plate with that Glad press-N-seal stuff over it. Mily isn't crated during the day and is certainly big enough to help herself to things left on the countertops so I put it in the oven to keep it safe during the day. We're steadily eating it. A little bit each nite. It was about half gone.

I get home from work one night and take stuff out for dinner. I was going to make cornbread to go with. I turn on the oven to preheat it and take the pigs outside to play for a bit. Daddy gets home and goes inside, comes running back outside followed by a cloud of smoke freaking out. Uh oh.... I forgot to take the bunny cake out of the oven....

No real damage. It was all just melted and stuff. I hope I unretard soon.

Jameo

What?!
pixiegirl said:
I have a VERY embarassing story. But I have a doctor's note.... I almost burned down the house a couple weeks ago. Ok, well not really burned it down but I should really have known better. So Noah and I had an Easter Bunny cake. Too big to fit on a regular cake container. So I had a cheapy little plastic serving plate with that Glad press-N-seal stuff over it. Mily isn't crated during the day and is certainly big enough to help herself to things left on the countertops so I put it in the oven to keep it safe during the day. We're steadily eating it. A little bit each nite. It was about half gone.

I get home from work one night and take stuff out for dinner. I was going to make cornbread to go with. I turn on the oven to preheat it and take the pigs outside to play for a bit. Daddy gets home and goes inside, comes running back outside followed by a cloud of smoke freaking out. Uh oh.... I forgot to take the bunny cake out of the oven....

unretard :lmao:

Poor pix :huggy:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
pixiegirl said:
:huggy: I do stuff like that fairly frequently (not quite so severe but equally retarded). I have no doctor's note, but I blame it on my Polish roots. :lmao:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Do any of you remember the product called "Gee, Your Hair Smells Terrific?" That stuff smelled soooooooooo good.

morganj614

Nickel said:
I agree, and I have thick hair. I cannot use Suave or similar "cheapy" products, I've tried. I always forget to bring shampoo when I go out of town...I've used my brother's Suave, and my hair ended up feeling like straw. I've used my BIL's pantene, again, hair felt like straw. I used John Freida's Brilliant Brunette for awhile and that was fine for awhile, but the conditioner just sucks. The only drugstore available shampoo I've had any luck with is Dove's Advanced Care Therapy. I've since had to switch to something a little more nourishing, since I colored my hair. I do like their styling products, as well as John Freida's. :yay:

I just bought the Brilliant Brunette shampoo and love what it is doing for my hair after just 2 shamppos. I don't need to use conditioner with that shampoo. I have coarse, color treated heavy hair and found Ion Extreme Moisture Nurturing Creme works when I need it.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
morganj614 said:
I just bought the Brilliant Brunette shampoo and love what it is doing for my hair after just 2 shamppos. I don't need to use conditioner with that shampoo. I have coarse, color treated heavy hair and found Ion Extreme Moisture Nurturing Creme works when I need it.
I liked it for a few months, but beyond that it was just horrible. I just switch around every few months, since I've never found something that can withstand the test of time. :lol:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
morganj614 said:
I just bought the Brilliant Brunette shampoo and love what it is doing for my hair after just 2 shamppos.
I love that shampoo and conditioner. I've been using it off/on for a few years. I like Herbal Essences Hello Hydration and think it is the best moisturizing conditioner, plus it smells awesome! I still have some Redken product from over a year ago that I have, too. :lol:

morganj614

Nickel said:
I liked it for a few months, but beyond that it was just horrible. I just switch around every few months, since I've never found something that can withstand the test of time. :lol:

I searched to see if anyone else had used it and how they liked it. Every other shampoo I use a dandruff control shampoo. Time will tell or I'll see something different and try it next :lol:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
morganj614 said:
I searched to see if anyone else had used it and how they liked it. Every other shampoo I use a dandruff control shampoo. Time will tell or I'll see something different and try it next :lol:
Some people really love it, so it all has to do with your hair type. Mine's just really thick. Now I alternate between Herbal Essence's Hello Hydration and Aussie's Mega Moisture (I think that's what it's called) and occasionally use Ojon's Hair Restoration Treatment. And I've given up blow drying, at least for the warm months.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Nickel said:
And I've given up blow drying, at least for the warm months.
Pretty soon I'll wish I could. When the weather starts warming and humidity kicks in, my hair gets frizzy and wavy and I can't even tame it with a flat iron. :bawl: I usually wear it in a ponytail for the entire summer because it always looks like dog shiat. :ohwell:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Chasey_Lane said:
Pretty soon I'll wish I could. When the weather starts warming and humidity kicks in, my hair gets frizzy and wavy and I can't even tame it with a flat iron. :bawl: I usually wear it in a ponytail for the entire summer because it always looks like dog shiat. :ohwell:
My one saving grace is that I don't have humidity issues, as long as I wear it curly or wavy. If I blowdry it straight, the humidity will curl it right back up and it'll frizz.

morganj614

Chasey_Lane said:

My under hair would never dry if I didn't blow it. Plus that hair dries wavy without a blow dryer while the top won't wave :tantrum

D

dems4me

pixiegirl said:
I've grown weary of the Redken line and need a change. My last purchase was Artec Kiwi ColorReflector which I like a lot but I'm almost out. What do you like ladies? I need a change.

Pixie I have fine hair like you and just recently switched up. I bought Dream Hair Shampoo and Dream Hair Conditioner at Rite Aid and love it!! :clap: