Shark Fishing Trip

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Wickedwrench said:
:yeahthat: I love those things! Fight like mad,pretty as a picture and tasty,too!
First time I had it was at the Second Street Grille in Lewes ... It was topped with chucks of lump crab meat and a chilean fruit salsa that was to die for! :yum: :yum:

K

Kizzy

Wickedwrench said:
Never caught a shark before, just bluefins and mahi-mahi. We did have a mako blow up on one of our trolled baits one time. That was awesome! It looked like someone set a bomb off behind the boat. We never got a hook in him though.:bawl:

My line did. :lol:

I was fishing in Florida overnight with my parents. I was 15 and almost asleep sitting in the chair because nothing was biting. The next thing I knew, my rod started pulling and tugging. I yelled "DAD" and he said well bring it in. I pulled and tugged and yelled to my father I wasn't strong enough. A minute later one of the other guys on the pier yelled "she has a shark." The shark started to catch the other lines on the pier at this time.

Once they got it close to the pier they stabbed that shark with a long spear, cut my line and many others on the pier and brought him in. He was roughly 5 foot 2 inches and about 110-120 lbs. I have the newspaper article somewhere in my boxes of collectable junk.

Those men wrestled with that shark for a good while bringing him in and they were sliced up. I was terrified at this point so I backed way way off. It was a bloody mess when they were done. It is one of those memorable moments of my life. First time my father heard me cuss. :killingme

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
crabcake said:
First time I had it was at the Second Street Grille in Lewes ... It was topped with chucks of lump crab meat and a chilean fruit salsa that was to die for! :yum: :yum:
Damn! Sounds like I need to take a trip to Delaware. I hear the sharking is badass up there too.

crabcake

Wickedwrench said:
Damn! Sounds like I need to take a trip to Delaware. I hear the sharking is badass up there too.
It is ... Lewes is a fishing town and they have tons of boats that take charters for shark, tuna, etc. NP would probable be able to make a couple recommendations if you wanted to go. :yay:

Agee

thakidistight said:
Anyone interested in a whole day shark fishing trip leaving out of Ocean City?Time and date to be decided. $850 for the whole day and up to six people can go.
Good Luck in putting together a fishing party. You will not be disapointed!

Went a couple of years ago out of OC. Excellent skipper and mates. Put us right on the bait fish and sharks. Caught three sharks, a Blue, Dog, and Mako, which we kept. You are only allowed to keep one shark.

Almost as exciting as catching the sharks was catching the bait. Boated about a dozen Bluefish in the 15 to 20 lb range.

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
crabcake said:
It is ... Lewes is a fishing town and they have tons of boats that take charters for shark, tuna, etc. NP would probable be able to make a couple recommendations if you wanted to go. :yay:
I might have to do that. I hate booking parties though. Everyone wants to go until crunch time and then you're stuck footing the bill yourself.

crabcake

Wickedwrench said:
I might have to do that. I hate booking parties though. Everyone wants to go until crunch time and then you're stuck footing the bill yourself.
My brother did this not too long ago ... organized a group off-shore trip. He got the money up front from those who wanted to go, and if they had to back out, they had to find a replacement or lose the money.

kingvjack

When I was in Hawaii we went out on a shark fishn trip and scared the hell out of the captain....
I asked everyone if they've ever met anyone whos punched a shark?
Nobody has so thats what I did. Pulled in a small tiger shark and hopped over my buddy and punched it. So for the rest of the night we would drink beer catch small and medium sized sharks and punch them while the hawaiians onboard pretty much sat there and shook their heads at us.

Shark trips are worth the price...

Airgasm said:
Went a couple of years ago out of OC. Excellent skipper and mates. Put us right on the bait fish and sharks. Caught three sharks, a Blue, Dog, and Mako, which we kept.

Do you remeber the name of the boat by any chance?

If you all can't afford it don't be embarassed to say so. It's got to be a great experience for a couple hundred bucks.

Nanny Pam

I LOVE shark fishing!
I can honestly say that each time I went out was an awesome time.
I haven't been 'sharking' for 10 years, and I still remember all the fun we had.
$850.00 is a deal! Go for it!

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
Nanny Pam said:
I LOVE shark fishing!
I can honestly say that each time I went out was an awesome time.
I haven't been 'sharking' for 10 years, and I still remember all the fun we had.
$850.00 is a deal! Go for it!
Wanna adopt a lil wrench? Then I can sit on your lap and catch sharks.:shrug: