shaving?

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
When did you let your daughter start shaving? I can not remember how old I was. My daughter is 10 and kinda hairy. She hasn't asked about shaving and I don't want to think about her using a ravor. Just curious to know what the average age is?

KWAK

I guess I was about 12 when I started shaving. For my daughter, though, I will probably wait until it becomes an issue and she asks me about it.

Cowgirl

When did you let your daughter start shaving? I can not remember how old I was. My daughter is 10 and kinda hairy. She hasn't asked about shaving and I don't want to think about her using a ravor. Just curious to know what the average age is?

You can buy her an electric shaver. But, if she's not worried about it yet, I wouldn't worry either.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I think it depends on the body hair color/skin tone contrast. I'm a fair skinned brunette. I had to start shaving my legs by 6th grade. My daughter is fair skinned but her body hair (what little has shown up) is blonde and I doubt she'll be shaving for a few years. She's entering 6th grade.
Her cousin has darker skin tone but her leg hair is really dark so she started shaving her legs, and she is a year younger than my daughter.

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
I just hate when she lifts her arms up and I see her armpit hair. I don't want to mention shaving to her. She is a slob and I know when she starts shaving there will be hair everywhere.

Cowgirl

I just hate when she lifts her arms up and I see her armpit hair. I don't want to mention shaving to her. She is a slob and I know when she starts shaving there will be hair everywhere.

Umm...so tell her to clean it up. :shrug: You're the mom.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly

Pit hair? I thought you were talking about leg hair. Pit hair, ew, shave immediately. I wish my boys got rid of theirs.

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
Why have her start shaving. the hairs will come in thicker and coarser, plus the mess and cuts. Take her to a salon and start waxing. By the time she's in her 20's she'll have very little to worry about.

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
Why have her start shaving. the hairs will come in thicker and coarser, plus the mess and cuts. Take her to a salon and start waxing. By the time she's in her 20's she'll have very little to worry about.

Just don't see that happening