shaving?

S

soulonfirex05

when i was 10 (5th grade !!!), mom insisted i needed nair. i started using an actual razor when i was 12. 6th grade.

holy cow...i look back and realize that's a little young...but i have always been more mature than the rest of the gang. but still...

Queenofdenile1

Love is Blind
When did you let your daughter start shaving? I can not remember how old I was. My daughter is 10 and kinda hairy. She hasn't asked about shaving and I don't want to think about her using a ravor. Just curious to know what the average age is?

Well, I don't have a daughter but I was a little hairier than I'd like to have been and I think I was 12. Actually, it was at my 12th birthday slumber party and I asked my Mom if I could shave my legs. Products are much better today than they were when I was 12. Not that I butchered myself but a little razor burn or rash appeared. If she's not asking, I wouldn't worry about it right now. When she starts to ask about it, then maybe start rethinking it. It's good she's not asking. One less thing for a parent to worry about. At 10, I'd be worrying.

Queenofdenile1

Love is Blind
I just hate when she lifts her arms up and I see her armpit hair. I don't want to mention shaving to her. She is a slob and I know when she starts shaving there will be hair everywhere.

How much armpit hair can she possibly have? She's 10!! She is a child!!! Are you concerned with her shaving at 10 or are you concerned with hair and hair everywhere? Sounds like you have more of the issue than she does. Granted, good hygene is important but she is a child. She is going to have the rest of her life to shave and wax and do all the wonderful stuff that we women LOVE so much to do to keep us looking like women instead of KING KONGS better half. If I had a daughter and she looked like King Kongs child, I might think about saying something. Otherwise, puberty seems to be a good time to start showing or at least talking about personal hygene and shaving if she hasn't mentioned it first. If your concerned about it, then as a parent, it's your job to teach her about razors and show her what to do and how to do it. Don't just hand her a razor, a bar of soap and a can of shaving cream and say "Here it is, have at it kid".

Last edited:

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
I just hate when she lifts her arms up and I see her armpit hair. I don't want to mention shaving to her. She is a slob and I know when she starts shaving there will be hair everywhere.

Other girls can be cruel at that age. I was quite a bit older when I started shaving but I remember a few of my darker hued friends being teased by some of the more "worldly" girls in gym class about pit hair. I'd buy her some Nair and have a quick chat about it. Not much clean up if she puts it on before showering.

Queenofdenile1

Love is Blind
No. Shaving hair doesn't change its thickness or color. The color, location, thickness and length of hair on your body mainly depend on genetics and hormones. After you shave body hair, it may feel coarse or "stubbly" for a time as it grows out. During this phase, it may be more noticeable — and may appear darker or thicker. But it's not. Mayo Clinic Link

Snopes also has a bit more for your continuing education.

It changes in texture. In most cases it grows coarser when you continue to shave. You shouldn't tell people that it definately doesn't change because in most cases, it does. You can feel the difference.

Queenofdenile1

Love is Blind
Other girls can be cruel at that age. I was quite a bit older when I started shaving but I remember a few of my darker hued friends being teased by some of the more "worldly" girls in gym class about pit hair. I'd buy her some Nair and have a quick chat about it. Not much clean up if she puts it on before showering.

Nothing was mentioned about other girls teasing her. If they are, it may not be bothering her and perhaps she doesn't care what "other girls" think. She's 10, she don't need NAIR and harsh chemicals on her body right now. She needs to enjoy CHILDHOOD, obviously something you people don't know much about. While your at it, why don't you suggest giving her a pack of birth control pills and condoms and tell her to go have sex because the other girls might tease her.

terbear1225

It changes in texture. In most cases it grows coarser when you continue to shave. You shouldn't tell people that it definately doesn't change because in most cases, it does. You can feel the difference.

did you bother to read the links? what basis do you have to say that the mayo clinic is wrong?

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
Nothing was mentioned about other girls teasing her. If they are, it may not be bothering her and perhaps she doesn't care what "other girls" think. She's 10, she don't need NAIR and harsh chemicals on her body right now. She needs to enjoy CHILDHOOD, obviously something you people don't know much about. While your at it, why don't you suggest giving her a pack of birth control pills and condoms and tell her to go have sex because the other girls might tease her.

You just go thread to thread showing everyone what a tw@t you are hey? You are an obnoxious, stupid, c#nt with a big mouth and no common sense. Do you ever read or think about other people's point of view before you start pounding away at the keyboard in a fit of PMS induced rage? Sheesh, #### off ok? The adults are talking.

Attachments

• femme_01.gif
    femme_01.gif
    80.3 KB · Views: 59

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
did you bother to read the links? what basis do you have to say that the mayo clinic is wrong?

WTF is up with all the obnoxious noobs? There are like 3 or 4 of them now who are just freakin' agressive retards. I'm about ready to take up a collection to see if Vrai will ban them for a decent bribe.

W

Wenchy

WTF is up with all the obnoxious noobs? There are like 3 or 4 of them now who are just freakin' agressive retards. I'm about ready to take up a collection to see if Vrai will ban them for a decent bribe.

I've tried that tactic in the past. Vrai never answered my PM, so don't bother. :lmao:

As far as the shaving goes: I started when I was 12, and my daughter was about the same age. It wasn't a big deal. :shrug:

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
She is not being teased. She is not bushy but she does have quite a few hairs. I am not pushing her to do anything, I was just curious when the average time is to start shaving. Just a question.

W

Wenchy

She is not being teased. She is not bushy but she does have quite a few hairs. I am not pushing her to do anything, I was just curious when the average time is to start shaving. Just a question.

When it bothers her enough to start. Peer pressure works wonders.

I kind of freaked when my daughter stepped out of the shower last year, and I just happened to walk in. She had shaved more than her legs. :jet:

Eventer29

My parents wouldnt let me shave till I was 14..LOL little did they know I did anyways at about 12-13. Getting teased, even though my hair was light light blonde wasnt fun at all. Course I'm sure dad had to have noticed his razor ( no guards = many cuts) not where he left it and that the shaving cream dissapeared quickly. Decided after a bad shaving accident with a single blade razor that sliced a 3" long scar into my shin that I was gonna get some nice girly razors. Next time mom and I went to Walmart I just put some razors adn shaving cream into the basket..Never got a talk from her or anything I was on my own.
Soooo...Id say WHEN your daughter asks go ahead and let her, help her buy the right products so she dosent end up with a scar on her leg like me!

Queenofdenile1

Love is Blind
You just go thread to thread showing everyone what a tw@t you are hey? You are an obnoxious, stupid, c#nt with a big mouth and no common sense. Do you ever read or think about other people's point of view before you start pounding away at the keyboard in a fit of PMS induced rage? Sheesh, #### off ok? The adults are talking.

Hey, you must be one of those Tards someone else had mentioned on one of the other threads. You should be proud, it takes great intelligence to speak with that mouth. How long did it take you to learn such language? Did you learn that way of speaking from your upbringing or the idiots you socialize with? You must have had childhood issues, neglect, no friends, only way you can get attention is to bash people you don't know. Not to worry, there is help for your kind out there.

Queenofdenile1

Love is Blind

No and I didn't say they were wrong but I know if you ask any person who deals with hair removal, they tell you, don't shave, don't pluck, because the hair grows back coarser. What basis does anyone have to say that this girl's hair won't change in some way? Just because "the Mayo Clinic said...", doesn't necessarily make it so.

Cowgirl

No and I didn't say they were wrong but I know if you ask any person who deals with hair removal, they tell you, don't shave, don't pluck, because the hair grows back coarser. What basis does anyone have to say that this girl's hair won't change in some way? Just because "the Mayo Clinic said...", doesn't necessarily make it so.

:lmao: Wow. You'd rather take advice from "someone who deals with hair removal" than the Mayo Clinic? :lmao: You're something. I hope you're just an MPD, because if you're a real person I kinda feel sorry for you.