She is at a loss

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...sband-rejects-help-its-time-to-leave-him.html
Dear Abby: I was single for four years and recently remarried. I didn’t intend to marry again, but then I met “Bob.” He was so kind and attentive that I was attracted. He proposed to me every day, several times a day, and eight months later I married him.

Bob moved here from out of state and hasn’t been able to find work. It has been challenging. My daughter lives with us and is in college.

Bob’s mood swings have been drastic lately. He doesn’t want me to talk to anyone else, do anything without him, such as hang with my friends or my daughter. I have a great job and work part-time in the evenings to make ends meet. I try to stay calm, but he yells, uses profanity and is highly manipulative.

I am at a loss. I would like to help him, but his depression is tearing us apart. I also believe he is addicted to marijuana. He has threatened suicide, but I don’t know whether he would actually go through with it.

I have worked very hard to get where I am. I know I need to take care of myself and my daughter, but I don’t want to just throw this away, either.

She doesn't want to throw away this wonderful relationship she and Bob have.

I don't understand women like this.

unlisted

SMOOTHMARINE187
Maybe a frying pan to the cranium and a swift kick to the nut sack will help Bob with his depression.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
But, but, but... he was kind and attentive! She should really try and change him.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Maybe BG was just having a bad day when she wrote this. Normally, she likes bob more than this. :evil:
I was gonna make an "it'sBob" post but ya beat me. :high5:

She get's what she deserves meeting and marrying someone within 8 months. :coffee:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
She get's what she deserves meeting and marrying someone within 8 months. :coffee:

Don't we all know plenty of 'quick' relationships that work out great for the folks?

Heck, almost without fail, people who waited the 'appropriate' time all say "We knew right away".

I mean, this is just some post for entertainment. Even if we take it at face value, she may well not be describing 'bob' and her relationship very well. At face value, one reason she may want to be salvaging this is because she ain't no picnic either and HE might be the sane, better half of this soup sammitch.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Don't we all know plenty of 'quick' relationships that work out great for the folks?

Heck, almost without fail, people who waited the 'appropriate' time all say "We knew right away".

I mean, this is just some post for entertainment. Even if we take it at face value, she may well not be describing 'bob' and her relationship very well. At face value, one reason she may want to be salvaging this is because she ain't no picnic either and HE might be the sane, better half of this soup sammitch.
It's been my experience that it is better to thoroughly know someone before tying the knot. Same applies to entering a relationship. I don't believe one can get to know someone in 8 months. JMO
And I know there are exceptions to the rule.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I was gonna make an "it'sBob" post but ya beat me. :high5:

My husband and I met and married within 3 months. Everyone thought it wouldn't last a year. After 17 years so far, I think most think I'm just holding out just to spite everyone. :lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It's been my experience that it is better to thoroughly know someone before tying the knot. Same applies to entering a relationship. I don't believe one can get to know someone in 8 months. JMO
And I know there are exceptions to the rule.

Yeah, but, I bet you know people who were together for ages, then tied the not and, poof, over in a year.

Now, some of the long lasting relationships I know did, in fact, follow your point; get to know, years, then do it. Some are very happy, some I wouldn't want what they have. Hell, I think we all know some people who did everything the 'right' way but, stay together, basically, to keep one another miserable. :lol: