Shooting in St. Mary's

J

justhangn

Be sure to read this part of the story too..at the bottom.

In February 2003, Smith was charged with second-degree assault after Taylor told police that he beat her, according to court records.

The charge was not pursued by prosecutors on the condition that he not violate any law for a year, according to court records.

"It was domestic violence," McGuiggan said. "But she always took him back."

James White

Have a nuisance?Im 4 hire
Eveyones version to now is wrong,I cant go into details on it,But what all have written is wrong,The info will be released when all the investigations are complete.

Thank you and have a nice day.

http

Originally posted by James White
Eveyones version to now is wrong,I cant go into details on it,But what all have written is wrong,The info will be released when all the investigations are complete.

Thank you and have a nice day.

And... you are??????

Elle

Happy Camper!
Re: Be sure to read this part of the story too..at the bottom.

Originally posted by justhangn
"It was domestic violence," McGuiggan said. "But she always took him back."

Glad to see someone else noticed this. :frown:

Not that she deserved to die, but if they have a history of abuse, what did she think one day he would just wake up and leave her alone or that they would live happily ever after:confused:

Sugarbritches

the man had a history of violence and his intent that day was to kill her. where did I hear about all this? my family that lives there heard her begging for help, running and begging. He followed her around and got her. He was chading her thru the park. They said they could see him but not her running thru the park...

http

Re: Re: Re: Be sure to read this part of the story too..at the bottom.

Originally posted by kwillia
But we don't know that she didn't try to leave... in fact... wouldn't her calling it quites be motive enough for him to go nuts and kill her. There really is no protection from someone crazy enough to hunt you down and beat and shot you in broad day light.

I have to agree with mommy on this. He didn't "HUNT" her down, she was right there. Her protection was to be out of the house. If anyone puts enough effort into anything, anything can be done. But if she was out of the house, saaay with relatives, it would have made it a lot harder for him to reach her. I mean, he wasn't dealing with phone taps, anthrax and stinger missiles, he had a shotgun, broken at that.

Violent domestic abuse is prevalent among "trailer trash" because just like with anyone "poor", you have "poor" access to resources that tell you what your options are in life; whether it be education, job finding, taxes, child care, credit card debt, 401Ks, elderly family member care, how to find vacation deals, frequent flyer miles or domestic abuse prevention. This chick unfortunately obviously did not know that she had other choices, but she in fact did.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Re: Re: Re: Be sure to read this part of the story too..at the bottom.

But we don't know that she didn't try to leave... in fact... wouldn't her calling it quites be motive enough for him to go nuts and kill her.

"But she always took him back."

Doesn't sound like it happened once or twice and she left him. And the charges were dropped/comprimised what ever, if she would have stuck to and really wanted to be done with him, he would have probably been in jail.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Re: Re: Re: Re: Be sure to read this part of the story too..at the bottom.

Originally posted by http
Violent domestic abuse is prevalent among "trailer trash" because just like with anyone "poor", you have "poor" access to resources that tell you what your options are in life; whether it be education, job finding, taxes, child care, credit card debt, 401Ks, elderly family member care, how to find vacation deals, frequent flyer miles or domestic abuse prevention. This chick unfortunately obviously did not know that she had other choices, but she in fact did.

I can understand that. One of the things that feeds it among the poor is the sense of victimhood that many of those men carry. Right or wrong, they feel like the world is against them. They feel like they have nothing to look forward to but getting laid and getting old. I've even known people who have come from poor families but now earn good livings, but still carry that sense of resentment. I'm certainly not trying to justify the abuse, of course.

We don't hear as much about violent domestic abuse among wealthier families, except when they're famous like Bobby and Whitney. It may be the support networks you mentioned, and it may also be that those families don't talk about abuse because they're worried about their social standing.

K

Kain99

Re: Re: Re: Re: Be sure to read this part of the story too..at the bottom.

Originally posted by tys_mommy
"But she always took him back."

Doesn't sound like it happened once or twice and she left him. And the charges were dropped/comprimised what ever, if she would have stuck to and really wanted to be done with him, he would have probably been in jail.
If only the system worked like this. Domestic violence will get ya thrown in the county slammer overnight. You'll sit in holding till the morning when the commisioner will release you on PR. Then you await trial.

In the mean time the abused can go down and get an Exparte order. That magic little piece of paper will make you bullet proof and keep you safe until you finally get to court where the abusers lawyer will cry foul and ask the judge to order "anger management classes"

True story:frown:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Be sure to read this part of the story too..at the bottom.

Originally posted by Kain99
If only the system worked like this. Domestic violence will get ya thrown in the county slammer overnight. You'll sit in holding till the morning when the commisioner will release you on PR. Then you await trial.

In the mean time the abused can go down and get an Exparte order. That magic little piece of paper will make you bullet proof and keep you safe until you finally get to court where the abusers lawyer will cry foul and ask the judge to order "anger management classes"

I'm in the mood to listen to Goodbye Earl.

K

Kain99

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Be sure to read this part of the story too..at the bottom.

Originally posted by Tonio
I'm in the mood to listen to Goodbye Earl.
Out of character .... but me too! :roflmao:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Be sure to read this part of the story too..at the bottom.

True story..... My ex husband tried to push me around a couple times. First time, I knew he wasn't working (even though he swore he was) so I left work early one day and found him at his buddy's house. We went into the bathroom to argue about it and not do it in front of people. He grabbed me by the arms and pinned me against the wall. I reached up and scratched the holy living hell out of his neck. Only thing I could have done. Told him if he ever laid a hand on me again he wouldn't live to be able to regret it.

Time two. A guy friend had called while I was in the shower. R answered the phone and was decent to my friend. As soon as I was out of the shower and dressed he starts in yelling at me. Mind you we're in my house. I tell him to get the hell out and to "f" off. He pushes me down on the couch and pins me. I squirmed out from underneath him onto the floor. Grabbed the phone to call the cops and he grabbed my leg. I broke the phone on his head then ran upstairs to get my roommates.

Time three. This one I instigated. We had a stubborn puppy that was having a terrible time housebreaking. He peed on the floor right in front of R. R started beating the crap out of the dog. I ran over grabbed R, knocked the crud out of him and told him to get out. He grabbed me and drug me into the bedroom and threw me on the bed. Sat on top of me and was screaming at me. There was a belt on the bed and I grabbed it and swung. I had it at about the middle and the buckle racked him across the head.

While I was an idiot for staying with the a-hole as long as I did my point is you LET yourself become victimized. Had I submissed the first time he ever tried to buck up on me he'd of kept on. But off the get I showed him that if pushed I would push back. Not that that's the right answer either all the time. I have a hard time feeling sorry for batered women.

K

Kain99

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Be sure to read this part of the story too..at the bottom.

Originally posted by pixiegirl
While I was an idiot for staying with the a-hole as long as I did my point is you LET yourself become victimized. Had I submissed the first time he ever tried to buck up on me he'd of kept on. But off the get I showed him that if pushed I would push back. Not that that's the right answer either all the time. I have a hard time feeling sorry for batered women.
That's an awful story Pix and I wish you had never gone through that mess but I think sometimes, pushing back is not an option. :frown:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Be sure to read this part of the story too..at the bottom.

That's an awful story Pix and I wish you had never gone through that mess but I think sometimes, pushing back is not an option. :frown:

No it's not always an option. Had he knocked the crap out of me I probably wouldn't have hit him back but I damn well would have gotten myself out of the situation the first time it happened.

http

I'm not sure I would call you battered. I'd call you violently co-dependent, yes. I wouldn't even had called you victimized, your actions above just as you said could have been avoided by submitting, walking over to the neighbors and calling the cops, the FIRST TIME.

I've seen real battered women whose situations are very different. I know one right now who's boyfriend beats the fvck out of her while she's sleep.

Leaving the relationship is always the tricky part, especially when you don't have a support structure to help. Those are the women I feel sorry for.

Last edited:
K

Kain99

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Be sure to read this part of the story too..at the bo

No it's not always an option. Had he knocked the crap out of me I probably wouldn't have hit him back but I damn well would have gotten myself out of the situation the first time it happened.
I wish I knew all of the details about the Burke incident. I'm under the impression that the murderer showed up at 5:30 a.m. and flipped out. Maybe she did kick him out. Maybe that's what sent him over the edge. I'm not really sure.

I just think that there are levels of abuse... all are bad but some are worse than others. All to often, there are situations where you end up in more danger leaving.

It's a nightmare and I know it sounds crazy but that's really what I think. :frown:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Be sure to read this part of the story too..at the bottom.

Originally posted by http
I'm not sure I would call you battered. I'd call you violently co-dependent. I wouldn't even had called you victimized, your actions above just as you said could have been avoided by submitting, walking over to the neighbors and calling the cops, the FIRST TIME.

I've seen real battered women whose situations are very different. I know one right now who's boyfriend beats the fvck out of her while she's sleep.

Leaving the relationship is always the tricky part, especially when you don't have a support structure to help. Those are the women I feel sorry for.

I guess the "support structure" thing is what I don't understand. I'm a pistol myself and have luckily always been able to do what needs to be done without much help.

I wouldn't call me battered at all. I'll call me young and stupid. I was between 18 and 20 when all of this happened. But had I submissed the first time I would have opened the door for it to happen. If I just accepted this behavior as normal it probably would have progressed. To be very honest there have been times (and still are) that I am affraid of my ex. But I don't let him know that because that would only feed him.

I feel sorry for women who are brought up in abusive homes and as adults are so screwed that they find themselves in abusive relationships and those who really don't have any family that gives a crap. But I've seen so many girls with very loving families turn their backs on their families for an abusive boyfriend. It's sick.

K

Kain99

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Be sure to read this part of the story too..at the bo

I feel sorry for women who are brought up in abusive homes and as adults are so screwed that they find themselves in abusive relationships and those who really don't have any family that gives a crap. But I've seen so many girls with very loving families turn their backs on their families for an abusive boyfriend. It's sick.
I always get really nervous when I involve myself in conversations like this one.

Can I ask a question? How come she's the sick one in your mind?

K

Kain99

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Be sure to read this part of the story too..a

I agree it's a touchy situation with many variables, but I have often considered women with children who stay in an abusive relationship to be mentally ill for staying because as a mother it should be her natural instinct to want to protect her kids and raise them right. By staying, she increases the odds of continuing the cycle by raising sons who think being physical is a normal reaction to an arguement and raising daughters who think they deserve it. :shrug:

But it goes back to the fact that some women risk their lives by trying to leave and no one can protect them...:ohwell:
Do you always have to be right? :bawl:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Be sure to read this part of the story too..at the bo

I agree it's a touchy situation with many variables, but I have often considered women with children who stay in an abusive relationship to be mentally ill for staying because as a mother it should be her natural instinct to want to protect her kids and raise them right. By staying, she increases the odds of continuing the cycle by raising sons who think being physical is a normal reaction to an arguement and raising daughters who think they deserve it. :shrug:

But it goes back to the fact that some women risk their lives by trying to leave and no one can protect them...:ohwell:

What kwil said. Any woman who stays with a man who beats her has some kind of mental issue. End of story.

I never claimed the man doesn't have a problem because they certainly do as well.

And there are some women who I genuinelly do feel sorry for. Any woman who really tries to help herself and tried to get out of a situation I have to have some respect for. No, I've never been with a man that beat me. You know what I never would. But I can't put myself in the shoes of someone who for some reason can't get out. A man would literally have to hold me or a loved one hostage to keep me. No matter what threats (and yes I've had plenty of threats in my day) were made it wouldn't be enough to keep me from finding a way.