Shorty Wetsuit

Where in SoMD can I buy a shorty wetsuit? Cheap. Only needs to last 10 days (of almost constant wearing). 2 would be better (let one dry while I wear the other). Used would be ok. I guess I would need an XL.

Where in SoMD can I buy a shorty wetsuit? Cheap. Only needs to last 10 days (of almost constant wearing). 2 would be better (let one dry while I wear the other). Used would be ok. I guess I would need an XL.

Did ya' try the dive shop in Solomons?

If not I could sell you mine and you could cut the arms and legs off. :lol:

5mm and XL

Did ya' try the dive shop in Solomons?

If not I could sell you mine and you could cut the arms and legs off. :lol:

5mm and XL

:lol: I was thinking the same thing... I have a lightweight one-piece surfing suit, I think it's XL.... not sure anymore.... free if you want it Hunter...

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
:lol: I was thinking the same thing... I have a lightweight one-piece surfing suit, I think it's XL.... not sure anymore.... free if you want it Hunter...

Zipper needs to be in the front for SCUBA.

I have a med-lg you can have

:shrug: He never said he was diving, sounded like he has something else going on.
I'm working the SCUBA station at the BSA National Jamboree starting in 2 weeks. I just got my assignment today. I will be part of the teams in charge of the pools. This means I may be in the pool for 1/2 the day each day.

I haven't tried the scuba shop. Forgot it was there. Will do that. Have to find out what size I wear. Then I will be back in touch with those that offered suits for sale to let you know if they will fit.

bulldog

Isn't that uncomfortable with a large air tank resting on it?

I looked for mine last night, couldn't find it :ohwell:

Mine is in back and I have never had a problem with tanks. Never really even thought about it being uncomfortable. :shrug:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Mine is in back and I have never had a problem with tanks. Never really even thought about it being uncomfortable. :shrug:

When I got mine (hawaii '83) I was told the zipper is in the back for surfers because they lie face down on the board and in the front for divers because they carry tanks on their backs.
Made sense to me :shrug: Maybe zipper technology has improved since then

When I got mine (hawaii '83) I was told the zipper is in the back for surfers because they lie face down on the board and in the front for divers because they carry tanks on their backs.
Made sense to me :shrug: Maybe zipper technology has improved since then

It's not a big deal even with a tank. The zipper rests in the hollow between the shoulder blades and doesn't interfere with the tank backpack. In fact, you can custom order a suit with a 1/4" deep spine pad to cushion the tank. The zipper is far less thick than that.