Should hunters be allowed to hunt with silencers?

Should hunters be allowed to hunt with silencers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Here is the email I recieved from DNR, the only edit was removal of my email address -
From: Customer Service <customerservice@dnr.state.md.us> [Add to Address Book]
To: Ken King
Subject: RE:{MDDNR#518-923}HUNTING QUESTION
Date: Oct 30, 2007 10:44 AM
Maryland has no Natural Resources law that specifically prohibits the use of a silencer. You must check with the Maryland State Police regarding the laws prohibiting possession of a silencer. You should also check with the Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms of the US government about possessing such a addition to the weapon.
Apparently DNR doesn't prevent it and I have seen nothing else that does so go for it.

Bonehead

There is no such item as a "silencer" a supressor yes but a silencer nope sorry that is Hollywood crap. About as useful and realistic as holding two hand guns sideways and flying through the air and hitting every last target with your guns that never require a magazine change.

Supressors are a very limited use item ten rounds and the wipes are fouled and require cleaning. Ruger does make a real nice platform for a supressed .22 rifle, however they require subsonic ammunition, A "silenced" shot gun....don't believe it. :smack: