Should I do the fair show?

spellbound

I hadn't really even considered it but people keep asking me if I am riding in it.
So tell me forumites, is there a good reason why I should?

Duckz

I hadn't really even considered it but people keep asking me if I am riding in it.
So tell me forumites, is there a good reason why I should?

Your horse might get a thrill out of the ferris wheel looming over the ring...not to mention the duck and pig races :whistle::lmao:

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I can't decide if I will or not. I will have just gotten back from a weeks vacation in Vegas. My horse will be like you expect me to work again...hmrph

FrmGrl

Get some!
It always seems so crazy and nutty. Not to mention the stupid people who have no concept of horses and that they scare and could kill you.

spellbound

I am with ya. Nothing but reasons not to go.

I've noticed that the fence around the fairgrounds showring has been taken down. I overhead someone saying that it's going to be replaced with something other than wood rails - some sort of wire mesh or chain link, maybe.
That would just be LOVELY!

IntegritysDream

But AMIT holds a prefair show which is at the fairgrounds, but its before all the pigs and sheep and people arrive =D so you could think about doing that...

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I just picked up the Pre-fair class list. I will do that show before all the horse-eating animals/fair-rides/baby carriages/stupid people are there.

I can hear it now at the fair show.

Little kid: Can I pet your horsey?

Me; Sure..

Child pets my horse while holding a ice cream cone. Sticky ice cream fingers all over my horse's face, and he ends up eating the cone.

Little kid crying because my mean horsie at his/her cone, and me cleaning ice cream off my horses face.

Um..No...

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
i like the fair show, well cause i do the 4h, so no money is lost, only gained. I think it is good exposure for the horses, and its not as crounded as state fair. Its horrible up there (state) when you have a horse that wont stand, all the spectators walking behind you dont even notice, makes me freak. St.Marys isnt as bad, but i dont like the live stock so close, and that its a grass ring (well for the speed events i just lope...). For the open classes at the fair do you have to pay?

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
i like the fair show, well cause i do the 4h, so no money is lost, only gained. I think it is good exposure for the horses, and its not as crounded as state fair. Its horrible up there (state) when you have a horse that wont stand, all the spectators walking behind you dont even notice, makes me freak. St.Marys isnt as bad, but i dont like the live stock so close, and that its a grass ring (well for the speed events i just lope...). For the open classes at the fair do you have to pay?

I think you do have to pay for the open show. I will be volunteering that day at the show. I already told a couple of the people running it that I will help out.

IntegritysDream

Hey devine, if you have trailer space (if you take pony or scooter) let me know, id like to take indy to the prefair in some flat stuff.