Should I do the fair show?

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
Does the prefair show have the same rule as the fair? Because at the actual fair you have to do atleast one OF classes in any division to be in the US class...

My horse doesn't jump..i personally think its a BS rule

fredsaid2

Does the prefair show have the same rule as the fair? Because at the actual fair you have to do atleast one OF classes in any division to be in the US class...

My horse doesn't jump..i personally think its a BS rule

Isn't the u/s class just to cement the top placings? After all hunters are an o/f division.

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
Isn't the u/s class just to cement the top placings? After all hunters are an o/f division.

probably so. but what about for the people that just want to get their horses out? I don't even want to win I just want my horse to get the experience. I just don't think it fair to the HUS people. They need more flat divisons. the show is for the county.. they are not delivering to all of the county riders

BrookValley

probably so. but what about for the people that just want to get their horses out? I don't even want to win I just want my horse to get the experience. I just don't think it fair to the HUS people. They need more flat divisons. the show is for the county.. they are not delivering to all of the county riders

I don't know the rules for the fair show or the pre-fair show, so I would check on this--but this should only be the rule for a hunter division. You should be able to go in the flat portion of the pleasure classes without showing in the o/f.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Some circuits state that you aren't eligible for Champion or Reserve at that show in a hunter division (or circuit end point) unless you go over fences. I'm sure some people might be upset if an awesome mover comes in and take a place away from riders that have already competed over fences.

I can definately see both sides. Some with a green bean wanting to do hack classes or someone going for Champion in a hunter division.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Spellbound - only ride in the fair show if you like to live you the edge. You know....only the kind of people that like to sing "Baby got Back" should ride in the show.:whistle:

fredsaid2

Ask if you can ride un-judged. You get to go around the ring, the show gets your entry and you don't upset the placings.

And ask the show committee about classes you'd like to see for following years. They won't know of your interest until you tell them.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Ask if you can ride un-judged. You get to go around the ring, the show gets your entry and you don't upset the placings.

And ask the show committee about classes you'd like to see for following years. They won't know of your interest until you tell them.

Yeah I am sure they will take suggestions. Managing a show of that size is not easy, and it is very difficult to please everyone.

devinej

i don't have a prize list for the pre fair show - do you HAVE to pre enter or can i just show up?