Shuttle Launch

ylexot

Super Genius
unixpirate said:
Yeah it's cool.. :yay:

Last name edited to protect the Uni :whistle:

:patriot:
My Dad has more stuff :razz:

He just retired after being at NASA for...probably somewhere around 30 years. Basically as long as I can remember. He'll be at the launch too.

unixpirate

Pitty Party
ylexot said:
My Dad has more stuff :razz:

He just retired after being at NASA for...probably somewhere around 30 years. Basically as long as I can remember. He'll be at the launch too.

Yeah that's big. :shutup: :lmao:

I took Dad to the one shown. Dad met, sat and got all the autograph's of the Astronauts. They came to Greenbelt, and we all including Dad again went to an Orioles game. Got a pic of my son, dad with the Astronauts at Oriole Park. Really cool schtuff.

Pete

Repete
Did you guys see in another thread where I said I was a Junior Park ranger with the Georgia DNR? I had a badge but it was plastic :sad: We did not have a space shuttle but we had an old Jeep. Rumor had it that it was Patton's personal Jeep in WWII :yay:The Ranger had a picture of Patton in the Jeep.

Last edited:

unixpirate

Pitty Party
Pete said:
Did you guys see in another thread where I said I was a Junior Park ranger with the Georgia DNR? I had a badge but it was plastic :sad: We did not have a space shuttle but we had an old Jeep. Rumor had it that it was Patton's personal Jeep in WWII :yay:The Ranger had a picture of Patton in the Jeep.

:confused:

:lol:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Pete said:
Did you guys see in another thread where I said I was a Junior Park ranger with the Georgia DNR? .
:yay:

Attachments

• patches.jpg
    patches.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 65

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Pete said:

This one time, at Junior Park Ranger Camp.... :whistle:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
That was close, Mr. Gasm!

NASA Fixes Shuttle Tiles; Launch on Track

<!--summary-->
CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. - With the countdown for Discovery in its final hours, NASA was dealt an embarrassing setback Tuesday when a window cover fell off the shuttle and damaged thermal tiles near the tail. But the space agency quickly fixed the problem and said it was still on track for launch Wednesday. <!--/summary-->The mishap was an eerie reminder of the very thing that doomed Columbia 2 1/2 years ago — damage to the spaceship's fragile thermal shield.
*whew* That was TOO close. Hope the launch happens tomorrow as planned. :huggy:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Airgasm said:
"Whew" is right. I was leaving St. Marys College, and heard the launch could be scrapped. :bawl: I thought of you, and how turn-around is fair play...
:lol: It would be poetic justice, but I promise I didn't wiggle my nose or put a hex on it. :angel: :whistle: :dance:

Thank the space gods for Crazy Glue :yay:
I'm sure it is specially made million dollar space age polymer Crazy Glue developed by many highly paid scientists. :lol: *cha-ching*

I don't know why, but I always think of that stupid commercial where the guy is hanging from his hard-hat when I hear "Crazy Glue." :lmao:

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
jazz lady said:
I don't know why, but I always think of that stupid commercial where the guy is hanging from his hard-hat when I hear "Crazy Glue." :lmao:

Madison Avenue will be pleased to hear that. It's what they want to happen.

B

Bruzilla

I'm leaving work at about 1:00 or so to drive down to Daytona to watch the launch from there. I would love to say that I'm going because I'm interested in the shuttle, but I'm just going as an excuse to eat at the Hooters of Daytona.

Bruzilla said:
I'm leaving work at about 1:00 or so to drive down to Daytona to watch the launch from there. I would love to say that I'm going because I'm interested in the shuttle, but I'm just going as an excuse to eat at the Hooters of Daytona.
Gonna launch your own shuttle, huh...:bubble:

tomchamp

Scrubbed!

NASA has called off today's launch of space shuttle Discovery because of a faulty fuel-tank sensor...