Simple Yes/No Question

Do you have negative feelings or opinions on Muslims, Arabs, or North Africans?

• Total voters

rocknroll

kom526 said:
Why are you lumping ethnic groups w/ a religion? :elaine:

Because I would like to know if people in this forum have any negative feelings or opinions about Muslims or people of Arab or North African descent.

rack'm

Jaded
I have a problem with terrorist, be they PITA, ELF, al-Qaida or whatever flavor of scum they are.

rack'm

Jaded
mv_princess said:
how is it if you are "new" you know how to set up polls already?

Because it's not new, just some whiner hiding behind yet another MPD to stir sh!t up. :loser:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
rack'm said:
Because it's not new, just some whiner hiding behind yet another MPD to stir sh!t up. :loser:
Yeah that is what I thought. We should put a poll together to try and figure out which MPD he is................or she..........

mAlice

professional daydreamer
mv_princess said:
Yeah that is what I thought. We should put a poll together to try and figure out which MPD he is................or she..........

Who freakin' cares?

RocknRuin, I have negative feelings toward a lot of people. Especially people like you. Does that make me a racist?

Freakin' moron.

MMDad

Lem Putt
If you think racism is a simple yes/no question, you are an idiot. But we already knew that.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I frankly admit I have a negative impression of Muslims, Arabs and North Africans in general. Their most visible members are violent fascists with a good number of cheerleaders.

If that makes me racist, oh friggin' well. At least I'm content to simply disapprove of them and am not strapping explosives around my waist to take out a grocery store full of them.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
MMDad said:
If you think racism is a simple yes/no question, you are an idiot.
Excellent point.

Recently I saw a documentary about Greenville, S.C., in 1979, when there was a street battle between local Communists and local Klansmen. (I found it disgusting that the Commies tried to hijack the laudable cause of opposing organized racism.) The show included some present-day interviews with the the Klansmen. These dudes were unbelievably ugly, which I found funny because they claim to be from the "superior race." They described themselves as honest working men, as opposed to snooty doctors and lawyers who never got their hands dirty and never handled firearms. I realized that their racism was their way of masking (or hooding) their own insecurities, their resentment over being ugly and poor. I know I've rambled about the resentment theme in other threads, but that's why I agree that racism is never a simple yes/no question.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
vraiblonde said:
I frankly admit I have a negative impression of Muslims, Arabs and North Africans in general. Their most visible members are violent fascists with a good number of cheerleaders.

If that makes me racist, oh friggin' well. At least I'm content to simply disapprove of them and am not strapping explosives around my waist to take out a grocery store full of them.
:yeahthat:

I don't have negative feelings toward any specific person matching that description except those labelled as terrorists.

But I do have negative feelings toward the group because they don't do more to control their own, and instead of condemning the actions of their terrorist neighbors they condone them by doing nothing.

I have a lot of respect for anyone serving in the Iraqi Army. At least they're standing up to these guys and doing what they can to squelch those who ruin it for the peaceful ones.