Simple Yes/No Question

Do you have negative feelings or opinions on Muslims, Arabs, or North Africans?

• Total voters

rocknroll

mv_princess said:
how is it if you are "new" you know how to set up polls already?

it isn't very hard to do. there are a lot of message boards I've been to on the internet that are set up exactly like this one.

rocknroll

MMDad said:
If you think racism is a simple yes/no question, you are an idiot. But we already knew that.

Well nothing is simple to you because you have brain damage. But we already knew that.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So tell me, rocknroll, when you repeatedly see news reports of Arabs rioting, beheading people and dragging dead bodies through the streets, who do YOU get a negative impression of?

Denmark? Israel?

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
vraiblonde said:
So tell me, rocknroll, when you repeatedly see news reports of Arabs rioting, beheading people and dragging dead bodies through the streets, who do YOU get a negative impression of?

Denmark? Israel?
That's all Prez Bush's fault! duh! didn't you know??

rocknroll

vraiblonde said:

Denmark? Israel?

Arabs are a very large part of the earth's population. Just because there are some bad ones doesn't mean they are all bad. Muslims are over 1/5 of the world's population. So of course there are some bad ones in there. But overall they are a peaceful religion. Luckily I think most people are aware of that. I grew up with a lot of Muslim friends and family members, and I don't need to look to the TV news to tell me what Muslims or Arabs are like. I do think that the media is partly responsible for the overwhelming racism that's developed over the last few years.

Toxick

Splat
vraiblonde said:

The media.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
rocknroll said:
Arabs are a very large part of the earth's population. Just because there are some bad ones doesn't mean they are all bad. Muslims are over 1/5 of the world's population.
Then they should be able to control their mates and not need us to do it, wouldn't you say?

I'm not saying every single Muslim in the world is a vicious terrorist - I've known some Muslims myself that were perfectly fine people. But they have very serious image problems as a group that they need to address. As of this writing, they do not seem inclined to do so, therefore I will lump them in with the suicide bombers and too bad for them.

Police your own.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
rocknroll said:
I do think that the media is partly responsible for the overwhelming racism that's developed over the last few years.

I'm pretty sure the biggest responsibility with the racism lies with the radical Muslim terrorists.

If the Muslim community would investigate, arrest, execute the perpetrators and condemn these actions, and not sit on there hands while we have to be the bad guy who does it for them, then we might not have negative feelings toward the group in general.

But when a bomb goes off, no one condemns it among their own people.

rocknroll

sleuth said:
I'm pretty sure the biggest responsibility with the racism lies with the radical Muslim terrorists.

If the Muslim community would investigate, arrest, execute the perpetrators and condemn these actions, and not sit on there hands while we have to be the bad guy who does it for them, then we might not have negative feelings toward the group in general.

But when a bomb goes off, no one condemns it among their own people.

Just FYI, the majority of the Muslim community does condemn terrorist acts.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
rocknroll said:
Just FYI, the majority of the Muslim community does condemn terrorist acts.
They do? Where? :confused:

If that's the case, then why do they come to this country and set up mosques specifically to generate and funnel money to terrorist organizations?

rocknroll

elaine said:
What would be an indication of that? Please be specific.

The vast majority of Muslim leaders are opposed to violence, most have spoken out against terrorism, the religion itself teaches peace, they are sick of being associated with a handful of terrorist groups, etc. It should have been obvious to everyone where the community stands when the terrorists called for Jihad, which would be a Muslim holy war, and 99% of Muslims were like "Yeah OK whatever". If a majority of Muslims respected the views of the terrorists there would have been a Jihad. And a Jihad at this point would be the biggest and bloodiest war in history because Muslims are over 1/5 of the population of earth.

What would indicate otherwise? Please be specific.