Siren Alarms

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by penncam
:ohwell: I have to ask SmallTown just one question: When you look at the glass you have in front of you, is it half empty or half full? (Hint: it's all in the way a person looks at life).
penncam :peace:

Funny you should ask that.. When talking with people about things going on around me, or helping others get through certain situations, I'm usually the ONLY one saying the glass is half full. Is that the right answer? The wrong answer? Not sure, but it is my answer.

But I also like Kyle's answer.. I love people who think outside of the box!

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Originally posted by SmallTown
I'm usually the ONLY one saying the glass is half full. Is that the right answer? The wrong answer? Not sure, but it is my answer.

But I also like Kyle's answer.. I love people who think outside of the box!
:smile: Sorry, SmallTown, the right answer is: "The glass is only half empty". What that alludes to is that there's much more to work with, enjoy, or do as you like with.
It's also known as OPTIMISM. Once in a while, you get screwed when things, events, and people don't pan out as expected, but it does provide some satisfaction when they do.
penncam

SmallTown

Football season!
:smile: Sorry, SmallTown, the right answer is: "The glass is only half empty". What that alludes to is that there's much more to work with, enjoy, or do as you like with.
It's also known as OPTIMISM. Once in a while, you get screwed when things, events, and people don't pan out as expected, but it does provide some satisfaction when they do.
penncam

Half full means things are on the upside, meaning you look at things as an upward (normally seen us positive) trend. You can also look at it as half full people enjoyed the first half and will continue to enjoy the 2nd half.. where as half empty people are simply concerned over useless air occupying half of the glass.

Just like I had a friend on college who met this INCREDIBLE looking girl.. He thought she was the greatest thing in the world until she pulled out out cigarette and lit it. He suddendly came crashing down because he couldn't stand people who smoke (mentioned something about kissing as ashtray). To me, that was a half empty attitude.. I told him to look at the half full side, she has an oral fixation.. They went out the following weekend..

J

justhangn

Originally posted by SmallTown
Just like I had a friend on college who met this INCREDIBLE looking girl.. He thought she was the greatest thing in the world until she pulled out out cigarette and lit it. He suddendly came crashing down because he couldn't stand people who smoke (mentioned something about kissing as ashtray). To me, that was a half empty attitude.. I told him to look at the half full side, she has an oral fixation.. They went out the following weekend..

I'm with your bud, sucking face with someone that chokes is not appealing at all.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Penn

SmallTown, the right answer is: "The glass is only half empty".
Really now?

I always thought it was the opposite. Meaning "the glass is half full" is optimism. The key word being full meaning you have something, rather than empty - meaning you are missing something.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Anybody out there recall reading a book titled "Love is a Choice"? It's authored by two leading psychologists, I believe, although their names escape me. In it there's info on how we pick our partners, how unconsciously we are doomed to make the same mistakes over and over(until we are shown the light), dysfunctionality, etc.
Interesting reading - there were things in there that I could relate to in my own childhood - dealing with my parents, alcoholism, workaholism, outlooks in life. Matter of fact, one chapter deals with your take on whether the glass is half full or half empty.
The book was on loan to me, so I had to give it back to my friend last year, so I cannot refer to it like it was right in front of me, but I do remember quite a bit of it.
penncam

J

justhangn

Anybody out there recall reading a book titled "Love is a Choice"? It's authored by two leading psychologists, I believe, although their names escape me. In it there's info on how we pick our partners, how unconsciously we are doomed to make the same mistakes over and over(until we are shown the light), dysfunctionality, etc.
Interesting reading - there were things in there that I could relate to in my own childhood - dealing with my parents, alcoholism, workaholism, outlooks in life. Matter of fact, one chapter deals with your take on whether the glass is half full or half empty.
The book was on loan to me, so I had to give it back to my friend last year, so I cannot refer to it like it was right in front of me, but I do remember quite a bit of it.
penncam

That's incredible Penn, after all that banter, you still didn't pass on any information that was related to the thread. Have you thought about going into politics?

SxyPrincess

Originally posted by justhangn
That's incredible Penn, after all that banter, you still didn't pass on any information that was related to the thread. Have you thought about going into politics?

:lmao: :lmao:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
What? About the sirens or the meaning of life? Heck I was seeking some support for or against half full/half empty theory. Hey, I could be wrong on this, I've been wrong before. Is that incredible?
penncam

J

justhangn

What? About the sirens or the meaning of life? Heck I was seeking some support for or against half full/half empty theory. Hey, I could be wrong on this, I've been wrong before. Is that incredible?
penncam

Ahh, gotcha, I guess you omitted that in your response.

As was posted before, the half full/ half empty glass is about optimism and pessimism. It has been said that it’s an indicator of your outlook in life; I am more inclined to say that it is a snapshot of your current mindset, not your total outlook in life. One’s mind is controlled by thoughts and impressions, if you are having a good day, you’re going to be optimistic about things and of course the opposite has it’s own effect.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
To the optimist, the glass is half full.
To the pessimist, the glass is half empty.
To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
Kyle :roflmao:

My God, for once I agree with Smalltown! :lmao:Because we're right. :wink:

Last edited:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Optomism/Pessimism

Ahh, gotcha, I guess you omitted that in your response.

As was posted before, the half full/ half empty glass is about optimism and pessimism. It has been said that it’s an indicator of your outlook in life; I am more inclined to say that it is a snapshot of your current mindset, not your total outlook in life. One’s mind is controlled by thoughts and impressions, if you are having a good day, you’re going to be optimistic about things and of course the opposite has it’s own effect.
I disagree. I always felt these two senses have been set up by experiences throught your life. Not just day to day living . It's an approach you bring to your daily life, but it's an accumulated thing, not transient, as you see it.
Again, I might be wrong, but that is how I understood it. Alright, the rest of you, weigh in!!!
penncam

J

justhangn

Originally posted by Sharon

and to the physicists......

Since there is no such thing as a true solid, the liquid is suspended in the air by tightly combined molecules in the shape of a familiar object that just happens to be void from the top of the liquid.

:lol:

K

Kain99

Since you've all gone half crazy anyway...I'll chime right in here. Which are better? Blondes or Brunettes?

SxyPrincess

I'll tell you this - if my glass is half empty/full depending on your outlook - somebody sure as heck better fill it. Coors Light please..... :cheers:

SxyPrincess

Originally posted by Kain99
Which are better? Blondes or Brunettes?

I was born a blonde and changed my haircolor (slightly) maybe 2 years ago. I added lots of blonde highlights. I've noticed no change in my "having fun." :confused:

Oh, and I've been a redhead before too - well, auburn actually. :biggrin:

J

justhangn

Re: Optomism/Pessimism

I disagree. I always felt these two senses have been set up by experiences throught your life. Not just day to day living . It's an approach you bring to your daily life, but it's an accumulated thing, not transient, as you see it.
Again, I might be wrong, but that is how I understood it. Alright, the rest of you, weigh in!!!
penncam

It depends on your level of thought on the subject and which book you believe in. Like anything else, there are as many ideas on what is true as there are problems.

SxyPrincess

Re: and to answer kains question..

Originally posted by kwillia
Tall, dark and hansome..... :biggrin: beats blondes in my book!

I have to agree. I'm not too attracted to guys with light colored hair. Definately dark hair! :biggrin: