skin care

I use organic extra virgin olive oil. I believe it bought it from BJ's. Don't remember the brand - sorry. I buy the big gallon size because I cook with it also.

You can use any brand you like, the important thing is that it be organic if possible and a high quality extra virgin olive oil.

:lol: A little for the chicken.... a little for me....A little for the chicken.... a little for me. :roflmao:

Last edited:

slseaweed

:lol: A little for the chicken.... a little for me....A little for the chicken.... a little for me. :roflmao:

To take this even further......when I use it while cooking, I try to rub a little on the tops of my hands and it's even good for you decolletage.

Nothing worse than having a young youthful face and old wrinkled hands and neck/chest area. :yahoo:

ReadingTheNews

I have adult acne, and am curious about using olive oil. I can understand the 'oil cuts oil' part, but would it still be true for someone in their early 40's that still gets breakouts? I'd love to try this if it will really minimize the pores, etc., but am afraid of making my face way more oily than it already is....

Inputs from any fellow adult acne-sufferers?
:frown:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I have adult acne, and am curious about using olive oil. I can understand the 'oil cuts oil' part, but would it still be true for someone in their early 40's that still gets breakouts? I'd love to try this if it will really minimize the pores, etc., but am afraid of making my face way more oily than it already is....

Use lemons...

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life

Look at what you eat, which plays a big part in the health of your skin. If you are always eating junk, boxed meals, take out, etc., your skin will show signs of abuse. However, if you eat clean, your skin will look much better. Oh, and don't forget your water! Not vitamin water, sparkling water, but good old fashioned water.

ReadingTheNews

Thank both of you for the tips. I did search about lemons, and found one really amateurish site that I wasn't 100% sold on, but Dakota, the links you provided seem better. Plus, I don't eat fast food or really any prepackaged foods or meals. I do have bad genes, though. :ohwell:

Thank you again, I'm going to give the lemons a try - as long as I don't end up bleaching my face!

slseaweed

I suffer from acne. Nothing bad but I do get breakouts. Try an aspirin mask once or twice a week. And do olive oil every night. You may break out at first. That's normal anytime you put something new on you face. Particularly if you are acne prone. But give it some time. It does work.

And keep in mind you don't need a lot of olive oil on your face. I use about a dime - nickel size amount. It covers my face and neck area.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Anybody here using Arbonne? Is it worth the money? Good results? Bad results?

Thinking about switching over to it, but am hesitant to spend that kinda money.
Did you ever switch over to Arbonne? After years of using their FC5 line I just switched to their RE9 line. After ONE use I thought I had just received an hour long facial. LOVE the anti-aging line. I'm waiting for an order to arrive that includes their mask -- I hear it is amazing!!