Skin Fans

Hank

my war
My mistake. I had forgotten about the Dallas loss. Still, I had sensed some serious progress in the team since last year and despite the two recent losses, they're still only 1 game behind in what seems to be an up-for-grabs division.

Hopefully Hightower's injury isn't too bad.

Dude, they beat the Rams and Cardinals who between the two had one win. The first game of the season against the Giants was obviously a fluke because of the off season rust. The Skins just aren't a good team, again!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Dude, they beat the Rams and Cardinals who between the two had one win. The first game of the season against the Giants was obviously a fluke because of the off season rust. The Skins just aren't a good team, again!

The Skins began the season as just another 8-8 team that might get to 9, or even 10 wins, if things went in their favor or, 7 or 6 wins if things don't. Life in the NFL for most teams.

We came into this season with quarterback unsettled, as usual, a third rate receiving corps, as usual, and questions on O line. As usual. The scary part is that the strength of the team, the D, is not doing well, at all and if Fletcher, who turns 70 next week, is going to be hobbled the rest of the season with a hammie, our heart and soul won't be out there either.

Good draft this last off season. Good decisions on free agents. We need several more to become a consistent 8, 9 win team in a tough year and a legitimate contender in good years.

:buddies:

Hank

my war
The Skins began the season as just another 8-8 team that might get to 9, or even 10 wins, if things went in their favor or, 7 or 6 wins if things don't. Life in the NFL for most teams.

We came into this season with quarterback unsettled, as usual, a third rate receiving corps, as usual, and questions on O line. As usual. The scary part is that the strength of the team, the D, is not doing well, at all and if Fletcher, who turns 70 next week, is going to be hobbled the rest of the season with a hammie, our heart and soul won't be out there either.

Good draft this last off season. Good decisions on free agents. We need several more to become a consistent 8, 9 win team in a tough year and a legitimate contender in good years.

They will end the season 5-11

jetmonkey

Bad ownership.
Bad front office.
Bad management.
Bad coaching.
Untalented roster.

They are who we thought they were :yay:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
They will end the season 5-11

Bills, 49'ers, Dolphins, Boys, Seahawks, Jets, Pats, Giants, Vikes and Eagles.

It is certainly possible but to do it, we will probably split with the Fish and Seattle meaning two games against weaklings, we'll beat one and lose to the other, same thing with San Fran and Buffalo, better teams we somehow pull one out, then I think we get one against one of the 3 division rivals, that's 6 wins. Maybe we beat Minnuhsodah to get to 7.

Not in my wildest dreams to I see us beating the Jets or Pats.

Hank

my war
Bills, 49'ers, Dolphins, Boys, Seahawks, Jets, Pats, Giants, Vikes and Eagles.

It is certainly possible but to do it, we will probably split with the Fish and Seattle meaning two games against weaklings, we'll beat one and lose to the other, same thing with San Fran and Buffalo, better teams we somehow pull one out, then I think we get one against one of the 3 division rivals, that's 6 wins. Maybe we beat Minnuhsodah to get to 7.

Not in my wildest dreams to I see us beating the Jets or Pats.

Ok... 6-10

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Damn them! :bawl:

At least I remember the hey day of Riggins, Jacoby, the Hogs and super bowl wins.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ok... 6-10

AH, not so fast! That was 'best case'. Thought I don't think it will happen, we could go 0 for and finished 3-13. Buffalo and San Fran are clearly better. The Fish and Hawks and Vikes, all those games are coin tosses. Jets, Pats, Boys, Giants, should all be in the hunt and Philly is a division foe and even if they are out of it, it's still a coin toss game.

My 6 is best case, your 5 is totally possible, if not probable, and 4 is reasonably possible. 3 and 7 are about as unlikely.

And, remembering we are the Redskins, we COULD finish 2-14 or even 1-15. :lol:

OldHillcrestGuy

Having been a fan of the Skins since the 60s. I think that hardly defines me as a 'bandwagon' fan. I still look forward to watching them. I will always be a fan. Regardless of wins/losses, it's a tradition for me to put them on and think about all those days I used to watch with my family and friends; particularly my dad. Those days are gone. So I watch with a sense of joy in memory of my dad.

:yay::yay: Its not going to get any better this season, they are getting a ton of injuries to key players. A few of there strengths in the first few games, the offensive line, shuffled all around now by injuries to 3 of starters. Hightower hurt again, he was key player in the first couple of games before getting hurt, he comes back yesterday, Skins seemed to have a spark when he was in, now he is hurt again. Moss is out now, only played first quarter before breaking his hand. How often does a team lose its 2 best recievers to broken hands, fingers in its first 6 games.

They played a very lousy game yesterday, defense was terrible. Only bright spot if there is one for this team, is the defensive line, sure is nice to see them finally be able to have a pass rush and be able to get some sacks.
Secondary is still a problem, thought they might have been better this year without Carlos Rogers to blame, but same old song, need to learn how to tackle. Hall needs to just keep quiet and play better, he's not as great as he thinks he is.

Always next year, dump the season now lol, they might be just good enough not to be the worse team, so Andrew Luck is out of reach with a draft pick, doesnt have to be a number one pick, look how good the kid looked for Minnesota yesterday against one of top defensive teams and Super Bowl Champs the Packers.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Hightower - Out for season torn ACL and possible MCL (for good measure)
Moss - out 5-7 weeks with a surgically repaired index finger. 3 pins!
Cooley - Knee issues again. Dr. Andrews is going to check it out tonight.
Grossman - Hospitalized with pneumonia. Returns on Wednesday.
T. Williams - High ankle sprain.

Looks like the kiddie corps of WRs will be out there now, :yay: hopefully they have a good week of practice on the O side and get some timing down. On the D side hopefully D. Hall breaks a leg or something so we can IR then waive him and find someone who knows what "Bump and run" means and who won't get beat EVERY GAME by what opposing offenses are now calling, "Slant and gone 23, on 1".

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Looks like the kiddie corps of WRs will be out there now, :yay: hopefully they have a good week of practice on the O side and get some timing down. On the D side hopefully D. Hall breaks a leg or something so we can IR then waive him and find someone who knows what "Bump and run" means and who won't get beat EVERY GAME by what opposing offenses are now calling, "Slant and gone 23, on 1".

Fletcher?

Pete

Repete

I thought Cooley had a broken finger?

Fletcher?

They were saying hamstring.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I thought Cooley had a broken finger?

His surgically repaired finger (THANX REX!) is doing good, he is still having issues with the knee from earlier this year.

Fletcher - Hamstring, unknown severity as of Shanahan's Monday afternoon presser.