Which means more?

• To win both games against Dallas in a season

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • Winning the Super Bowl

Votes: 13 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Novus Collectus

Ok, I have had a few recent encounters of some transplant fans or some out of towners that just didn't understand the Dallas/Skins rivallry being the most intense in the entire NFL.
It almost seems to border on jealousy about our passion to beat each other, so to show them just how serious we are on both sides (I am a Dallas fan), I tell them that I would rather have Dallas beat the Skins twice in one year than to win the Super Bowl. Everytime I get the same responses, "you are crazy, the Super Bowl is all that matters", or "you are alone, the Redskins' fans would not agree". So, to show them just how much they are wrong, I would ask a Skin's fan or two in the bar if they would rather see the Skins sweep Dallas for both games, or to win the Super Bowl and each time the response would be to see the Skins sweep Dallas.
Tonight I ran into a Steeler's fan and he had the audacity to claim the Browns/Steelers rivalry was the greatest in the NFL. When I asked him what was more important, a sweep of the Browns or winning the Super Bowl, he said the SB. When I then told him about how for Dallas fans and Skins fans it actually meant more for us to beat each other twice than it was to win the SB, he was incredulous.....so, among a bar full of dozens of hardcore Skins fans I asked for everyone's attention and then I asked the question about which was more important to them. It was a unanimous response that it means more to beat the Cowboys twice in a row!!!

So to see just how consistent this is, I am taking this poll to see just how many hardcore, longtime Skins fans would rather see the Skins sweep Dallas in a year and not win the SB, or win the SB even if it means losing to Dallas?

Nupe2

I've got to open a Kool aid stand....flush out your headgear guys; 2 - 14 is no way to go through a season! :lol:

Last edited:

AndyMarquisLIVE

I've got to open an Koolaid stand....flush out your headgear guys; 2 - 14 is no way to go through a season! :lol:
Sure it is. We beat Dallas and get a good draft pick. :lol:

If they beat Dallas twice, my season's made. Just like Nascar. Harvick won Daytona, nothing else matters. :yahoo:

Novus Collectus

Skins fans poll 11-04-2007 07:53 PM loser

:killingme :killingme :killingme
Usually I don't give a crap about reds, but this one made me laugh so hard I had to share in the jolly.
Even Skins fans would have to appreciate the irony on this one. It just shows just how intense the rivalry is.

Last edited:

donbarzini

The results of this poll thus far simply reinforce what Wilbon wrote about this area's "sports fans" a couple of years ago. I wish I could find it in the Post's archives.

nanstime

The results of this poll thus far simply reinforce what Wilbon wrote about this area's "sports fans" a couple of years ago. I wish I could find it in the Post's archives.

you got a little more info maybe when it was written I am trying to help you find it:howdy::howdy:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Skins fans poll 11-04-2007 07:53 PM loser

:killingme :killingme :killingme
Usually I don't give a crap about reds, but this one made me laugh so hard I had to share in the jolly.
Even Skins fans would have to appreciate the irony on this one. It just shows just how intense the rivalry is.

Judging from the time stamp, I believe its from the person that PM'ed me about you picking the Patriots to win after the game was over. Probably has nothing to do with your poll.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It's not annoying...

I agree. How can anyone think it's a winning season if they don't at least make it into the playoffs? This absession with Dallas is annoying.

...it just means they hate Dallas more than they love the Redskins.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Which is weird to me.

It's not annoying... it just means they hate Dallas more than they love the Redskins.

I love the saying "My two favorite teams are the Redskins and anyone playing Dallas" but I have always respected the Cowboys because they have consistently been the bane of Redskins' existence (only from a rivalry standpoint). But I don't think Dallas has ever defined a Redskins season.

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated
What does that mean?

61% said they'd rather the Skins beat Dallas both games in the season than win the superbowl. I willing to bet if the skins made it to the bowl and still lost both games to Dallas, they wouldn't care. Unless the 61% aren't even Skins fans.

So it means that Dallas not define the Skins season if they make into the playoffs and even the SB, and beating or losing to Dallas has nothing to do with defining the Skin's season, as a whole.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I don't agree...

So it means that Dallas not define the Skins season if they make into the playoffs and even the SB, and beating or losing to Dallas has nothing to do with defining the Skin's season, as a whole.

...with that. '72 and 82' were the legendary Skins seasons because we beat Dallas when it matter most. So, beating Dallas matters, in my opinion. Just not as much as getting to the Superbowl.

A 2-14 season where we beat the Cowboys twice is better than an 8-8 or 9-7where we miss the playoffs and lose to the Boys twice.