Skins uniforms!

mainman

Set Trippin
PsyOps said:
Moss lost his hands somewhere. Portis has turned out to be a clumsy oaf. He can't hold on to the ball, drops passes, he routinely trips over players, and appears to be afraid of getting injured again.
You must be watching the games through the "I just hit the pipe" glasses... :confused:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The last thing...

PsyOps said:
Cooley is the most under-used player on the team. He's a big play-maker. Moss lost his hands somewhere. Portis has turned out to be a clumsy oaf. He can't hold on to the ball, drops passes, he routinely trips over players, and appears to be afraid of getting injured again.

The biggest thing lacking for the Skins is intensity. They have none. Gibbs and Campbell are at the center of this problem.

...I'm worried about is Jason Campbell. He's started, I think, 9 games now and he is NOT one of our weaknesses. Not by a long shot.

We're working with two replacements on the O line. That is a huge obstacle.

The defense has 3 new starters, Fletcher, Rocky and Landry. They are in the process of seeing how well it all works together.

We are still down a receiver with Lloyd in the dog house. Not having a larger, possession type guy is not good.

Lastly, the team is still in a state of offensive schizophrenia in terms of whether we are we a Gibbs smash mouth team or a Saunders finesse team. This was never a good idea in the first place, Gibbs/Saunders, and it will hamper the team as long as one direction or another is not committed to.

We are, however, set at QB in my opinion.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Pete said:
I have never notices Portis fumbling that much. Sure when it has happened it is noticable but I have always seen him fairly sure handed and a tough SOB. Worried about getting hurt? Did you see the blocking he dis Monday night? How about the block on the linebacker last night? Portis is 150% all the time. Last nigh to me was a breakdown of the O line and the offense sitting on the sidelines most of the night. Could never get back into synch after the half. They did not re establish the run. The only thing that disturbs me is Campbell's lack of emotion. They call it "poise" but it seems he has no sense of urgency or emotion at all.
It was Antonio Pierce that CPo blew up. The dropped passes were off the mark to begin with from JCam. He put one on Sellers' back hip that would have gone in for 6 if it was on his lead hip and away from the defender some more. (That one would have tied the game:ohwell:) I think Campbell was showing a bad case of the nerves Sunday, but 1 good deep ball is not going to temper the fact that he has a lot more growing to do in this game.

With Saunders taking Cooley out of the game (as an offensive weapon) that narrowed it down to Moss and Portis as our only resort. The teams we play consider Randle-El a special teams and gimmick guy not a legit #2, do not be surprised if you see Reche Caldwell working his way on to the field over Lloyd, Thrash and possible #82.

Pete

Repete
kom526 said:
It was Antonio Pierce that CPo blew up. The dropped passes were off the mark to begin with from JCam. He put one on Sellers' back hip that would have gone in for 6 if it was on his lead hip and away from the defender some more. (That one would have tied the game:ohwell:) I think Campbell was showing a bad case of the nerves Sunday, but 1 good deep ball is not going to temper the fact that he has a lot more growing to do in this game.

With Saunders taking Cooley out of the game (as an offensive weapon) that narrowed it down to Moss and Portis as our only resort. The teams we play consider Randle-El a special teams and gimmick guy not a legit #2, do not be surprised if you see Reche Caldwell working his way on to the field over Lloyd, Thrash and possible #82.
Randel-El was key in the late drive. Cooley has to be in the game more. Right now he is the critical 3rd down conversion go-to guy. There is no reason someone with that talent cannot be used like Shockey and Whitten are and as Crumpler was a couple years ago.

I have to wonder what the deal is with Thrash and Loyd. They come in but rarely get thrown to. If he keeps going to the well with Moss the other guys will just double cover him and now 33% of your offense is gone.

On the 1 yard line why send Sellars off tackle? Go up the gut or play action to him and go to Cooley in the back of the end zone. An incomplete pass stops the clock. The fumbled snap to me was the critical moment. After the spike we had 2 chances instead of 3.

mainman

Set Trippin
Pete said:
Randel-El was key in the late drive. Cooley has to be in the game more. Right now he is the critical 3rd down conversion go-to guy. There is no reason someone with that talent cannot be used like Shockey and Whitten are and as Crumpler was a couple years ago.

I have to wonder what the deal is with Thrash and Loyd. They come in but rarely get thrown to. If he keeps going to the well with Moss the other guys will just double cover him and now 33% of your offense is gone.

On the 1 yard line why send Sellars off tackle? Go up the gut or play action to him and go to Cooley in the back of the end zone. An incomplete pass stops the clock. The fumbled snap to me was the critical moment. After the spike we had 2 chances instead of 3.
You can save your breath with Lloyd, he is being "Arringtoned"... He is finished.. There was def some ####ty play calling at the very end.. Clock management is pathetic, they look confused.. (hell they were confused)

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yup...

mainman said:
You can save your breath with Lloyd, he is being "Arringtoned"... He is finished..

...this from Washtimes;

At 2:25 p.m., Jason Campbell starts his pregame throwing routine, which lasts 20 minutes and consists of three- and four-throw sets to receivers Antwaan Randle El, James Thrash and Reche Caldwell and tight end Chris Cooley.

Note no Lloyd.

Cletus_Vandam

Pete said:

That was the point I was making. If what Larry is saying is correct and there are so many people to go through to get a call into the QB, something has to change, for the exact reason that we all watched yesterday. Gibbs has to take control of things or they can forget doing anything with a two-minute drill.

Also, don't the 'skins have anyone who can jump the line of scrimmage? I mean third and goal from the one and you don't try to go over the pile? :whistle:

PsyOps

Pixelated
Pete said:
Whoa, I agree Cooley could be used more but Moss makes some spectacular over the head catches. Every game he amazes me with a catch. I am thinking "Into double coverage over his head, at a dear run? No way" and he come up with it. I have never noticed Portis fumbling much :confused:. Sure when it has happened it is noticeable but I have always seen him fairly sure handed and a tough SOB. Worried about getting hurt? Did you see the blocking he did Monday night? How about the block on the linebacker last night? Portis is 150% all the time. Last night to me was a breakdown of the O line and the offense sitting on the sidelines most of the night. Could never get back into sync after the half. They did not re establish the run. They worried about the deep strike too much instead of the 1st down marker. The only thing that disturbs me is Campbell's lack of emotion. They call it "poise" but it seems he has no sense of urgency or emotion at all.

I think Moss may have dropped more easy passes in the first two games than he did all season last year. No doubt he is an awesome player, but he just hasn't been on his game.

Cletus_Vandam

PsyOps said:
I think Moss may have dropped more easy passes in the first two games than he did all season last year. No doubt he is an awesome player, but he just hasn't been on his game.

He dropped a lot less than Burris did for the Giants!

PsyOps

Pixelated
mainman said:
You must be watching the games through the "I just hit the pipe" glasses... :confused:

I'm probably being overly critical because this is the typical team we have seen for the past 10 years. They get me all fired up by winning their first two games and dominate the Giants in the first half, then go flat. They seem to have an over-confidence problem along with zero team intensity.

PsyOps

Pixelated
PsyOps said:
I'm probably being overly critical because this is the typical team we have seen for the past 10 years. They get me all fired up by winning their first two games and dominate the Giants in the first half, then go flat. They seem to have an over-confidence problem along with zero team intensity.

Of course it's early... I guess I ought to have some spark of faith here I guess... :duh:

PsyOps

Pixelated
Larry Gude said:
The last thing I'm worried about is Jason Campbell. He's started, I think, 9 games now and he is NOT one of our weaknesses. Not by a long shot.

We're working with two replacements on the O line. That is a huge obstacle.

I don't know who's worse Jansen or Portis (as far as injuries).

The defense has 3 new starters, Fletcher, Rocky and Landry. They are in the process of seeing how well it all works together.

And what happened to McIntosh. This kid was kicking a$$ and all over the place in the pre-season. I haven't seen nearly as much from him in regular season.

We are still down a receiver with Lloyd in the dog house. Not having a larger, possession type guy is not good.

That's why they need to use Cooley more. Watch next game and see how open he is all the time.

Lastly, the team is still in a state of offensive schizophrenia in terms of whether we are we a Gibbs smash mouth team or a Saunders finesse team. This was never a good idea in the first place, Gibbs/Saunders, and it will hamper the team as long as one direction or another is not committed to.

I think they are both. They have a huge line. You have Sellers, Betts and Cooley for your smashmouth and Portis, Randel El and Moss for your finesse. They can mix it up in almost any fashion they want. Do you think they are having some sort of disagreement as to style of play? I wonder... :tap:

We are, however, set at QB in my opinion

I love Campbell. I wish Gibbs had put him in earlier last year. I can't stand Brunell. The guy has an arm like a rocket out of control. He was always overthrowing his targets. The only beef I have with Campbell is his lack of intensity. Good part is he never seems paniced, but he is the leader and needs to get his team fired up. I'm just not seeing that.

Rael

Supper's Ready
Interesting always, the NFC east. What I love about it. I watched the Giants-Skins game but no others, though there were a lot of distractions (about 50 people who weren't at all interested in the game). Thought about the posting madness that would be going on here... :lmao:

Also thought of Sonny Jorgenson when first seeing the throw back uniforms
:eek:ld guy alert:

mainman

Set Trippin
Rael said:
Also thought of Sonny Jorgenson when first seeing the throw back uniforms
:eek:ld guy alert:
Just a hair before my time... My earliest memories of the skins are watching Kilmer throw those wobbly ass ducks...:lmao:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
And what happened to McIntosh. This kid was kicking a$$ and all over the place in the pre-season. I haven't seen nearly as much from him in regular season.

I think he has played well maybe not great, he gets taken out in certain situations, I was hoping they have him on the field 99% of the time.

Nupe2

Sonny! :yay:

Attachments

• jurgensen_sonny.jpg
    jurgensen_sonny.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 41

BuddyLee

Football addict
PsyOps said:

McIntosh has played very well actually. He was #5 in tackles in the entire NFL last week and I believe he leads the team as well. He was more limited in Sunday's game because of a shoulder stinger.

Cletus_Vandam

PsyOps said:
I don't know who's worse Jansen or Portis (as far as injuries).

Look at the bright side. At least he is producing somewhat. You could be a Steeler fan like me and watch what happened to Duce Staley. Talk about a dry well.