Sleep Aid

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I'm planning to ask my doctor for a sleep aid. What have you used before and are there any side effects :wr: to watch out for?

I know there is lunesta and ambien, but I doubt I'll be prescribed either due to "moderate to severe" drug interactions. Are there any other sleep aids on the market?

Lilypad

Have you been able to determine why you aren't sleeping? How long has lack of sleep been an issue? Have you participated in a sleep study? Just some things a "good" doc should ask.
What do you think is the cause?

Littlebit

I sometimes can not sleep and the only thing I use is Tylenol PM, I take two when I am ready to retire for the night and it works very well. I do not care to take drugs for sleeping purposes.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Have you been able to determine why you aren't sleeping? How long has lack of sleep been an issue? Have you participated in a sleep study? Just some things a "good" doc should ask.
What do you think is the cause?

Oh, I have underlying medical issues. :ohwell: I just like to be informed as much as possible prior to receiving or even asking for a prescription of any kind. Thanks to the internet, I can search drug interactions and side effects and such and weigh whether or not it's worth even taking it in advance. :smile:

I'm planning to ask my doctor for a sleep aid. What have you used before and are there any side effects :wr: to watch out for?

I know there is lunesta and ambien, but I doubt I'll be prescribed either due to "moderate to severe" drug interactions. Are there any other sleep aids on the market?

With everything you have going on, you might be better off with an OTC. Lunesta and Ambien have all kinds of strange side effects. Melatonin probably won't be enough. There is a new sleep aid made by Nyquil, but it's only a sleep aid, nothing for colds or coughs, Zzzzquil, but I don't know what's in it.

And there's always the standby Excedrin/Tylenol/etc PM products. A bit of pain reduction and a sleep aid.

But asking your doctor is the best bet. He's got your medical history.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
With everything you have going on, you might be better off with an OTC. Lunesta and Ambien have all kinds of strange side effects. Melatonin probably won't be enough. There is a new sleep aid made by Nyquil, but it's only a sleep aid, nothing for colds or coughs, Zzzzquil, but I don't know what's in it.

And there's always the standby Excedrin/Tylenol/etc PM products. A bit of pain reduction and a sleep aid.

But asking your doctor is the best bet. He's got your medical history.

ya know... most of what they put in the pm stuff is just benadryl.

and i watch a show about the side effects of Ambien... :jet:... OMG i was shocked!!!

And then there is the long soak in the hot tub and a backrub that always knocks me out.

:ohwell: don't have the hot tub or the back-rubber anymore tho. I miss my hot tub.... :lol:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
And then there is the long soak in the hot tub and a backrub that always knocks me out.

:ohwell: don't have the hot tub or the back-rubber anymore tho. I miss my hot tub.... :lol:

I'll tell the giant I need a hot tub for health reasons and you will be more than welcome to come over. Though I doubt the giant will give you a back rub, but he may supply a beer. :lol:

Misfit

Lawful neutral
The evil glowing lunesta bat is terrifying.

Attachments

• 412016667_0a411e01c0_z.jpg
    412016667_0a411e01c0_z.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 80

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant

and i watch a show about the side effects of Ambien... :jet:... OMG i was shocked!!!

Benadryl has moderate to severe side effects drug interaction. :ohwell:

Do tell about Ambien...:popcorn:

Wenchy

Hot Flash

I was going to suggest Benadryl. I've had problems sleeping and tried ZzzQuill

It's Benadryl in a different package.

It didn't work and made me wonky.

Melatonin is the best I can suggest.

I would never drive after taking that.
:nono: and never ever ever ever post while taking Ambien.
I take it and go right to bed now.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I was going to suggest Benadryl. I've had problems sleeping and tried ZzzQuill

It's Benadryl in a different package.

It didn't work and made me wonky.

Melatonin is the best I can suggest.

YEAH... Benadryl can have the opposite effect on some!!

I have started to fall asleep on my own after about three weeks of having to take Benadryl... 3 of them!! :yahoo:

sanchezf

Little ol' Me

I take the generic form of ambien now for about 2 years every night for my RLS. I have had no side effects. In fact compared to the others I have taken that made me feel drunk or still sleepy after a full night's sleep I would say it's the best of the ones out there.