Sleep apnea...

mAlice

professional daydreamer
This is just too weird...

I got an email from a friend this morning that wrenched a muscle recently. So did I. FB just called after returning from a visit to the doc, and the doc is sending him in for a sleep study. TFW.

mainman

Set Trippin
elaine said:
I got an email from a friend this morning that wrenched a muscle recently. So did I. FB just called after returning from a visit to the doc, and the doc is sending him in for a sleep study. TFW.
You have a friend? That is weird...:roflmao: :killingme :lmao:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Pete...

Pete said:
Larry, if you get one of those machines be sure to ask for the "crimp proof" air tube. :yay:

...follow the thread, man! I've been this helpless victim for some time now. She coulda 'pillow'd' my ass any night and not a coroner alive would say squat. She's set it up so well that she's convinced my best friend and his doctor brother and my whole family. I'm long past worrying about 'kinks' or tangled hoses.

It'll just be "Poor Larry. It's a wonder she was able to keep him going this long...it's a wonder..."

Then, she's off to Sephora Heaven.

Pete

Repete
Larry Gude said:
...follow the thread, man! I've been this helpless victim for some time now. She coulda 'pillow'd' my ass any night and not a coroner alive would say squat. She's set it up so well that she's convinced my best friend and his doctor brother and my whole family. I'm long past worrying about 'kinks' or tangled hoses.

It'll just be "Poor Larry. It's a wonder she was able to keep him going this long...it's a wonder..."

Then, she's off to Sephora Heaven.
:yay: If you kick can I have that Panama Jack hat you wore golfing this summer? TIA

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
vraiblonde said:
Snoring is the least of it. At least when you're snoring I know you're still alive.

He does this gasping, fighting for air thing. Like he'll snore out, then everything shuts down and his airway closes. I counted him at 22 seconds one time before he started breathing again.

So off he trots to the sleep disorder place to get that crap fixed.

I feel your pain, Vrai. My hubby has it, he has had 4 car accidents in three years. We now pay almost $400 a month in car insurance. He had the sleep study, got the cpap, and still will rarely wear it. I am so sick of arguing about it I sleep on the couch the nights when he is not working. Ask Larry what his pulse ox was after he fell asleep. A normal person's would be between 98-100. A smoker, at least 94-98. This measures the amount of oxygen in your blood. My hubby's went down to the 80's, but still does not use the machine. Good Luck!!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well...

...that wasn't to bad. Wierd. Inconvenient.

Now I wait a week and see what comes next. The technician said I have apnea for sure, which we pretty much knew.

Pete

Repete
Larry Gude said:

Now I wait a week and see what comes next. The technician said I have apnea for sure, which we pretty much knew.
Did you warn them beforehand that your version of PJ's is an SOMD Forum Junkie thong and fuzzy slippers?

SamSpade

Larry Gude said:

Until my gastric bypass surgery, I had it pretty bad, too. Wore the mask every night. Highly recommend looking into masks that you're comfortable with, because a few nights with the mask, I had a big ol' welt on my forehead. We told everyone it was JUST A COIINCIDENCE that the mark on my forehead was exactly the shape of my wife's wedding ring.

Three months after surgery, I stopped the CPAP - didn't need it. BEFORE surgery, I had like 120 incidents an hour. TWICE every minute, I stopped breathing. No wonder I was tired when I woke up.