Sleep Disorders...

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Larry Gude said:
...to see how you rate the improvement in your life.

Well, the test did not go well. First of all, I couldn't sleep well with the mask and wires on my face. When I did drift off to sleep, it wasn't a deep sleep. Then at 2:30 am the attendant came in to mess with a faulty wire, and I couldn't get back to sleep. Sometime between 3 and 3:30 we stopped the test.

The first time around, I had all the wires but no mask. Sleeping wasn't real comfortable and not as deep as usual, but I slept. But not this time!

SamSpade

Larry Gude said:
...then I had to wait a month for the follow up, using a machine and then another couple weeks to actually get the thing.

You could be looking at August or later. I recomend pushing the process at every chance.

Agreed. My wife's test was scheduled for next month - this past week, they called her in at 10pm - and they were able to do all of it, plus the follow up, all in one night.

Voter2002

"Fill your hands you SOB!
I stand up and applaud everyone who sought help for sleep apnea and are now either on the machine or using something else to abate the apnea & snoring.:yahoo:

I've been using the machine for a year now and have been having the best sleep I've had in 10+ years. My machine ramps up pressure from 4 to 10 once I start it so I'm not blasted at full pressure from the get go. I'm a side sleeper and have no problem with keeping my mask on. During my sleep study, the tech told me that I stopped breathing for over a minute at one point (something my wife told me I've been doing for a long time).