SMC taxpayers, get ready…

TPD

the poor dad
Apparently our county commissioners voted 3-2 yesterday to hire a lobbyist for the upcoming legislative session in Annapolis. WTF is our local government hiring lobbyists?!? As Matt Morgan stated today, they have been getting everything they’ve asked for the last couple of years. This is the kind of sh!t that pisses me off! Do they really thing a lobbyist hired by republican commissioners will make a difference in a democrat majority legislature? Apparently Todd Morgan and Jack Bailey were in favor of this - tells me all I need to know about these weasels.

PeoplesElbow

Apparently our county commissioners voted 3-2 yesterday to hire a lobbyist for the upcoming legislative session in Annapolis. WTF is our local government hiring lobbyists?!? As Matt Morgan stated today, they have been getting everything they’ve asked for the last couple of years. This is the kind of sh!t that pisses me off! Do they really thing a lobbyist hired by republican commissioners will make a difference in a democrat majority legislature? Apparently Todd Morgan and Jack Bailey were in favor of this - tells me all I need to know about these weasels.
I sat in a Barbour chair beside Todd Morgan one day and listened to him ramble on, was enough for me.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
They hired likely the most effective Annapolis lobbyist in history, Bruce Bereano, for what amounts to what he would have left as a tip for a dinner with Legislators at Treaty of Paris a few years ago.

What this is is a slap to the face of the County's delegation letting them know that they're, not even Crosby who's deep into the Progressive Caucus in Annapolis, not getting it done for the County.

I expect Calvert to do the same thing soon. Since Mike Miller died the money spigot for the County has slowed to an annoying slow leak. That's why there's not money allocated to a TJ study now, it was yanked a couple years ago, and Jackson doesn't see any reason to have it reallocated. Long is too busy being himself and Fisher is just Fisher.

KingFish

Nothing to see here
Not a study of the bridge need but the follow on for design.
What about the concept design that was shown with two lanes each way and a pedestrian path? It was a concept and not the design. So a study does not need to be done but a request for quotes to build the bridge concept then or throw more money out there to generate a lot more concept designs to pick and choose from.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
What about the concept design that was shown with two lanes each way and a pedestrian path? It was a concept and not the design. So a study does not need to be done but a request for quotes to build the bridge concept then or throw more money out there to generate a lot more concept designs to pick and choose from.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I personally think we need a lobbyist to fight off of Crosby's BS.He gets free publicity from the press, the Baltimore delegation, money from Steny and left over money from Bohannon

stgislander

PREMO Member
I personally think we need a lobbyist to fight off of Crosby's BS.He gets free publicity from the press, the Baltimore delegation, money from Steny and left over money from Bohannon
Good luck. They redrew the lines just to give him (or any Dem) a safe seat.