SMECO raises rates 25% per KWH effective Feb 1st.

black dog

Free America
Oh, I'm not a member of Gilligan's high falutin island club. I am familiar with how maintenance is performed out there though. Some of the language coming out of Gilligan's office is quite colorful.
7th District high falutin?
Oh they use sporks.....

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Without a loan officer on site they should be.
Did you know that the value of a 1964 quarter, and prior, with a content of 90% silver, has the same value to purchase that gallon of gas today for $0.25? Which has a silver value of $4.89. See how gold and silver are a store of value over time?

OccamsRazor

Still trying to get an explanation for why my February and March bills were 2x the usual amounts (when compared to previous year) and then the April bill went back to Last year + 25% :sshrug:

Clem72

I read an article today that 25% of EV charging stations are inoperative in San Francisco.
That only makes sense if 25% of people's garages are also inoperative (yes, some people in the city actually have a garage).

My aunt/uncle bought a house in the mission district in the 50s, huge pseudo-Victorian with 5 bedrooms and had a 2 car garage. Can't imagine what that house is worth today, no clue if it's even still in the family as they had no kids.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
If I may ...

Did you know that the value of a 1964 quarter, and prior, with a content of 90% silver, has the same value to purchase that gallon of gas today for $0.25? Which has a silver value of $4.89. See how gold and silver are a store of value over time?
Yeah, I know gold and silver have great, fluctuating value. But I have yet to see a gas station colocated with a precious metals exchange. Thus you better pack your pockets with those coins if you plan on filling your tank.

DaSDGuy

That only makes sense if 25% of people's garages are also inoperative (yes, some people in the city actually have a garage).

My aunt/uncle bought a house in the mission district in the 50s, huge pseudo-Victorian with 5 bedrooms and had a 2 car garage. Can't imagine what that house is worth today, no clue if it's even still in the family as they had no kids.
Nice try. I believe they are referring to EV stations available for the public. Unless the private garages are available for ALL users, they don't apply here.

Clem72

Nice try. I believe they are referring to EV stations available for the public. Unless the private garages are available for ALL users, they don't apply here.

It applies if you are trying to pretend there is a 25% impact to the ability to fuel an EV, which unlike a gas vehicle are almost entirely charged at home and not public EV stations.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I did offer an incomplete thought. They were talking about EV chargers available to the general public.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
A friend of mine recently bought a Tesla. I asked how it was traveling up from FLA and charging stations. She did say that they only allow you to charge to 80%. Anymore than that, you have to pay for it.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I am curious how long the trip took in an ev having to charge compared to a fossil fuel powered vehicle.
I didn't ask that. She said they usually stop every 150 miles or so in order to stretch. Not sure if they charged every time.