SMO: Asking Brett Favre about Hurricane!!!

Qpid

he need to shut his dumb ass up!!!

of all the people in mississippi experiencing devastation he had the nerve to get on tv and say why me??? :burning:

Last edited by a moderator:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Could you please post the quote? Sometimes when you take parts of a quote out of context, the intent of the person speaking is distorted.

The poor guy has suffered a lot of grief in the past few years. Perhaps he was speaking on raw emotion.

Qpid

cattitude said:
Could you please post the quote? Sometimes when you take parts of a quote out of context, the intent of the person speaking is distorted.

The poor guy has suffered a lot of grief in the past few years. Perhaps he was speaking on raw emotion.

Its what I heard him say on t.v. it wasn't in an article to quote

Yes he has suffered along with thousands of others.

to point out "why me" like he is special i find selfish.

nomoney

Qpid said:
Its what I heard him say on t.v. it wasn't in an article to quote

Yes he has suffered along with thousands of others.

to point out "why me" like he is special i find selfish.

Ya, its really selfish of him to send all the food and chainsaws down there to help his hometown too. :duh:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Otter and I heard his first conversation (he didn't say much at all...more of a sob) with his mother since the hurricane. It was heartwrenching. I'm sure there are many others and he certainly does have means to now help his family. However, he is human and still feels the stress and anxiety of all that he has endured and continues to endure. Sometimes people just don't always say the right things under those circumstances.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Qpid said:
he need to shut his dumb ass up!!!

that stupid fu.ckhead said "why me"???... ...of all the people in mississippi experiencing devastation he had the nerve to get on tv and say why me??? :burning:

Of all the people who need to shut their dumb azz up, you are at the top of the list. You are the biggest racist I've ever had the displeasure of encountering. You take things out of context, and expect people to jump on your bandwagon. IDIOT!

Qpid

Kizzy said:
Qpid :rolleyes:

Wasn't at all like you said it.

i didnt know you can "hear" my posts :lmao:

doesn't matter how he said it, he said it....

despite his cries to god "why me" there are people in far off worse situations than him....

guess you can't expect compassion from any entertainer these days.

PrepH4U

cattitude said:
Otter and I heard his first conversation (he didn't say much at all...more of a sob) with his mother since the hurricane. It was heartwrenching. I'm sure there are many others and he certainly does have means to now help his family. However, he is human and still feels the stress and anxiety of all that he has endured and continues to endure. Sometimes people just don't always say the right things under those circumstances.
I agree. By using his name maybe the media will attract more attention to the devastation and the need for help.

Qpid

MMDad said:
Of all the people who need to shut their dumb azz up, you are at the top of the list. You are the biggest racist I've ever had the displeasure of encountering. You take things out of context, and expect people to jump on your bandwagon. IDIOT!

This whole board is its own bandwagon.

I stand alone :lmao:

And now Im a racist because I spoke against Brett Favre oh gosh!!! :lol:

Qpid said:

despite his cries to god "why me" there are people in far off worse situations than him....

He's not an entertainer, he is a football player.

What kind of compassion do you expect of him? As stated before he is sending down all the food and equipment he can via airplane?

PrepH4U

Qpid said:

hey Mr Jerk how much money have you donated? hmmmmm What have you done to help besides sit and biatch :shrug:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
“I’ve found myself over probably the last 24 hours a couple of times saying, ‘Why me?’ or ‘Why of all places?’ — not that I wish the hurricane would have hit somewhere else, because it’s devastating to anyone else, too,” Favre said.

“But of all the places (for the hurricane to hit, why) right there. As quickly as that thought pops in my head — and it probably pops in my head more than I’d like it to — I try to remind myself of all the things to be thankful for.”

Nice taking the quote out of context, Qpid. Seems to happen alot around here. :bubble:

Qpid

workin hard said:
He's not an entertainer, he is a football player.

What kind of compassion do you expect of him? As stated before he is sending down all the food and equipment he can via airplane?

Football is entertainment, duhhhhhh

Other stars were also affected by this hurricane...you dont see them on t.v. crying "why me".

Qpid... you are picking out one bit of the ramblings of a man in pain...

“I’ve found myself over probably the last 24 hours a couple of times saying, ‘Why me?’ or ‘Why of all places?’ — not that I wish the hurricane would have hit somewhere else, because it’s devastating to anyone else, too,” Favre said.

“But of all the places (for the hurricane to hit, why) right there. As quickly as that thought pops in my head — and it probably pops in my head more than I’d like it to — I try to remind myself of all the things to be thankful for.”

Qpid

jazz lady said:
Nice taking the quote out of context, Qpid. Seems to happen alot around here. :bubble:

Did I or did I not say he said "why me"

I dont see anything different from what he said than what I said.

HE think god blankets his family & area from disasters??

Qpid

kwillia said:
Qpid... you are picking out one bit of the ramblings of a man in pain...

i just read more of his statement posted by another poster...and yes what has happened is absolutely horrible and devasting to all involved...but his comments still strike me as rather self-centered...and something else that bothers me is that when those bombings happened in london this summer...that boy from b2k got blasted by the media for asking fans on his website to pray for him, even though he was not hurt...yet the news media is playing favre's soundbite...where he's doing essentially the same thing...

dont get me started....we all know the media is bias.