SMO: Asking Brett Favre about Hurricane!!!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Qpid said:
Go ahead and feel sorry for yourself, but don't forget about the others who are in worse off situations. He didnt speak on that until after the "why me" statement.

Either refuse to be on camera and not comment, or choose your words wisely, after all you are a celeb.
And on the other hand, there are people who are better off than he is. Their families are safe and their homes are not destroyed. They haven't been touched by all the tragedy he has in his life. For goodness sake, he's HUMAN and has a right to occasionally lash out. We all do it to vent. The difference is he is not wallowing in self-pity. He's actually DOING something about it and contributing to help out in this disaster.

And celebrities choose their words wisely? You HAVE to be kidding. :lmao:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Qpid said:
Go ahead and feel sorry for yourself, but don't forget about the others who are in worse off situations. He didnt speak on that until after the "why me" statement.

Either refuse to be on camera and not comment, or choose your words wisely, after all you are a celeb.

Why did you not just change the channel. Truthfully as much as the media seems to bother you I am amazed you watch it at all.

Qpid

Tigerlily said:
Why did you not just change the channel. Truthfully as much as the media seems to bother you I am amazed you watch it at all.

shortbread please :shutup:

Qpid

jazz lady said:
And on the other hand, there are people who are better off than he is. Their families are safe and their homes are not destroyed. They haven't been touched by all the tragedy he has in his life. For goodness sake, he's HUMAN and has a right to occasionally lash out. We all do it to vent. The difference is he is not wallowing in self-pity. He's actually DOING something about it and contributing to help out in this disaster.

And celebrities choose their words wisely? You HAVE to be kidding. :lmao:

no im not kidding....the media will crucify a celeb if they say the wrong thing...i dont have that much power, so im just bytchin about it here :lol:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Qpid said:
no im not kidding....the media will crucify a celeb if they say the wrong thing...i dont have that much power, so im just bytchin about it here :lol:
Qpid said:
i dont have that much power

And we are forever grateful for that. :yay:

jaie

So happy!
jazz lady said:
No, but that was not the entire context of what he was saying. Everybody gets to a point when you have tragedy after tragedy in your life and rails back with "why me?" then, like Mr. Favre, looks at the other side and say "gee, in spite of that, I have a LOT to be thankful for."

By only posting one small part of his speech, you made it sound like he was throwing a temper tantrum rather than reflecting on such a great tragedies in his life but thankful for everything he DOES have. But then again, that was your point, wasn't it?
:yeahthat:

willie

Qpid said:
I think he realized what he said "why me" and tried to take it back by saying, well then again I have alot to be thankful for...because he realized that he has it better off than alot of people.

he shouldn't have been on t.v. at all.
Your comprehension ability is so screwed up, maybe you should seek some professional help.

Nanny Pam

cattitude said:
Otter and I heard his first conversation (he didn't say much at all...more of a sob) with his mother since the hurricane. It was heartwrenching. I'm sure there are many others and he certainly does have means to now help his family. However, he is human and still feels the stress and anxiety of all that he has endured and continues to endure. Sometimes people just don't always say the right things under those circumstances.
:yeahthat:

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
i bet you would have been one of the people protesting at the funeral of a fallen soldier from iraq, because "war supports gays".....yeah i could see you being that stupid......and i don't know you!

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Qpid said:
i didnt know you can "hear" my posts :lmao:

doesn't matter how he said it, he said it....

despite his cries to god "why me" there are people in far off worse situations than him....

guess you can't expect compassion from any entertainer these days.
He said this:
I’ve found myself over probably the last 24 hours a couple of times saying, ‘Why me?’ or ‘Why of all places?’ — not that I wish the hurricane would have hit somewhere else, because it’s devastating to anyone else, too,” Favre said.
“But of all the places (for the hurricane to hit, why) right there. As quickly as that thought pops in my head — and it probably pops in my head more than I’d like it to — I try to remind myself of all the things to be thankful for.”

And you are jumping his arse? Sounds like you have a serious personal problem with Favre. That's your problem alone, don't try and make it mine.

After all the personal tragedy, and drama and loss that I have experienced this entire year, I don't begrudge anybody saying "why me" - whether they are somebody supposedly better off than me or not. Tragedy is a great equalizer of man and woman. Shame on you for not having compassion for everybody, regardless of their status in life.

roxie

Qpid...You are a DUMBAZZ!!! I just heard for my own self on Fox News what he said. His whole family was affected by Katrina, they lost their home and almost their lives. You should BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF!!!!!! :shutup: