SMO/ Burch oil reviews

RPMDAD

Yes, had them at our other house. Just after we bought the house had to have the furnace replaced. At that time they were very good, quick service reasonably priced. Bought our oil from them and had a maintenance contract with them in 7 years think i had to call them twice for emergency service and they were responsive and quick in repairing our furnace. Had no qualms with them at all. That was over 13 years ago though.

C

czygvtwkr

For installs both are WAY too expensive, SMO oil is pretty clean and their delivery is spot on every time. For install and service you cant beat TN Bowes in my opinion, great prices, great service.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I had Burch when I lived here before I married Larry and they came out one night at 11pm or so to fix my heat. There within about an hour of when I called. I have them now with a service plan and no complaints.

foodcritic

Yes, had them at our other house. Just after we bought the house had to have the furnace replaced. At that time they were very good, quick service reasonably priced. Bought our oil from them and had a maintenance contract with them in 7 years think i had to call them twice for emergency service and they were responsive and quick in repairing our furnace. Had no qualms with them at all. That was over 13 years ago though.

Which one burch or smo?

DEEKAYPEE8569

For installs both are WAY too expensive, SMO oil is pretty clean and their delivery is spot on every time. For install and service you cant beat TN Bowes in my opinion, great prices, great service.

Just heard about this:
Dad has two tanks; same size; one behind the house; one behind the detached garage.

Dad calls SMO and explicitly tells them he wanted the tank behind the house filled and 100 gal (for argument's sake) in the tank behind the garage.
The bill comes and the tank behind the garage was filled; but nothing was put in the tank behind the garage. :shrug: B'leedat??

General Lee

I have used SMO, TN Bowes and Boothe's Heating and Air. Neither have done an install, just service calls.

Right now SMO is off my list. Can only seem to "patch" my furnace problems. Boothe's Heating seemed to have fixed it so far. If I was considering a new install, I'd look at TN Bowes or Boothe's.

SMO has gotten to big to care about quality work.

sammylover

Halls HVAC

We recently had Halls HVAC install a heatpump for us. We called on a Tuesday and the work was done on Thursday in 3 hours time. Exceptional work, very neat/clean. I highly recommend them. hallshvac.net/

flyingdog

We got a few bids about a year ago.

We got bids from:
Olympic Aire
Winters HVAC
TN Bowes
Patuxent Heating and Air

We were originally looking at Carrier units with different seer ratings and btu's. Olympic and TN Bowes were comparible. Olympic was trying to push a hybrid Heil brand that we did not entertain. Winters was out - too high and didn't get a warm fuzzy. Patuxent offered an Amana - which he swore was Carrier without the name attached to it. We were hesitant on this but his claims seem to check out. We ultimately went with that - it was 2/3 the price of the Carrier. He did a nice job of taking care of us and a year later we are very happy with the unit. It is a combo heat pump/furnace - so it uses electric when there is a certain temp difference it moves to gas. It is definitely very efficient.

Check out rebates -

Patuxent info: 301-855-9038 - Greg is the owner.

Good luck - daunting!

foodcritic

TN Bowes wad by. They seemed very reasonable. They were not pushing the high end carrier and actually pushed their least expensive options. Will se what happens