Smow?

NTNG

If its a named storm then insurance companies who have a separate deductible amount for named storms use those. Just an fyi. Companies that have named storm deductibles range from 2%-10% of what your home is insured for.

It has to be a storm named by the National Weather Service for the companies to use that clause, NOT a storm named by the Weather Channel.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
If we do get smow... clean off your cars before you hit the roads again...:cussing:

Check out this dude! :lmao: :jet: :lmao:

An 80-year-old man was charged after driving a car that was almost completely covered in snow with only a portion of the driver’s side windshield cleared for vision, police said.

http://wtop.com/world/2016/01/man-charged-after-his-car-almost-completely-covered-in-snow/

Sheriff's Office said possible $110 fine and one point on your license for failure to clean your window.

dgates80

Land of the lost
3" in Lusby, steady moderate to heavy snowfall, minimal winds so far. It is the forecast for the winds that actually concern me, 40mph steady gusts to 60mph. That'll take a lot of trees down, causing widespread power outages. Anybody taking bets for power outages by midnight?

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
3" in Lusby, steady moderate to heavy snowfall, minimal winds so far. It is the forecast for the winds that actually concern me, 40mph steady gusts to 60mph. That'll take a lot of trees down, causing widespread power outages. Anybody taking bets for power outages by midnight?
I predict 16" for Lexington Park area and power outages for sure. Tomorrow around 2-4 PM.

Well..... just came in from a first run with the snowthrower. We were supposed to get 20-30" by the time this is over. Got maybe 10" last night, 5-8" more predicted but I doubt we will see that much. Winds have been rather mild too.

But the snow was perfect for throwing, not too dry, not too wet. Was able to toss it a good 70' downrange.

glhs837

Power with Control
Gonna go see if my lawn mower with it's snow blade can hack it pretty soon. Did two passes yesterday, once at 4 another pass at six. Winds are up here by St Marys City. Glad the mower has weights and chains.

Blister

2 years ago my wife home a little electric Toro snow blower. One of her friends was moving to Florida and gave it to her. I laughed myself silly, telling her that little thing would never do anything but take up space in the shed. Did my 277' driveway last night with no problem, about 4-5". Just did another pass with I would guess is about 8-10". It struggled but once you got one pass thru, it did the job nicely with a half cut the rest of the way.

dgates80

Land of the lost
The forecasters are all talking about another burst of heavy snow, they are calling it "wrap around snow", I.e., snow from the backside of the counter clockwise rotation of the low that is near the mouth of the bay right now. Maybe another 4 to 6 inches, they say? Still it ought to all wrap up by 3am or so and the recovery process can begin. Roads are reported to be generally good for the main routes, however back roads and small streets -and driveways- are still covered with a foot or more of heavy snow. The precipitation in the early hours this morning was sleet or rain, which soaked the earlier, lighter, fluffy snow making it a bear to shovel.

Take it easy shoveling, it is hard work! Do a little, rest a little.....

The forecasters are all talking about another burst of heavy snow, they are calling it "wrap around snow", I.e., snow from the backside of the counter clockwise rotation of the low that is near the mouth of the bay right now. Maybe another 4 to 6 inches, they say? Still it ought to all wrap up by 3am or so and the recovery process can begin. Roads are reported to be generally good for the main routes, however back roads and small streets -and driveways- are still covered with a foot or more of heavy snow. The precipitation in the early hours this morning was sleet or rain, which soaked the earlier, lighter, fluffy snow making it a bear to shovel.

Take it easy shoveling, it is hard work! Do a little, rest a little.....

We got the wrap around this afternoon. Got dumped on. I cleared about 10" this morning, looks like another 12" or so, and still not done. At least the winds held off.