SMYFL is a joke!

mustangman

I get up early this morning and the first thing I read is Mr. Richardson is drinking in the booth all day. My two sons played on Saturday and Mr. Richardson was in Pat Murphy's truck all day collecting equipment. I also saw him by the container building racks to hold equipment. Wow. He gets alot done drunk. He did not drink all day. I could get a 100 or more people to tell you the same thing. Also , I agree that Mr. Cooper is a great guy for the South. But did you also know that Mr. Cooper and Mr. Richardson are extremely good friends. One more bit of information. Did you forget that Mr. Cooper's team is the Varsity Red Braves. Not the Hornets. He supports the entire league.

The calls will not always be correct from the refs. And for your information the North does not pay the refs, the treasurer does. I am sure upon request the bills could be given to the South if they would like to pay them.

Maybe you should help volunteer and try to make changes. This is the first year. Over the winter things will be changed to make the next season better, I am sure. I have asked the board members questions myself, and I was told this.

Instead of complaining and telling lies. Help out!!!!!!!

Where exactly did I say he was drinking in the booth ALL DAY? What exactly would all day have to do with it anyway? He shouldnt be drinking period for ANY part of the day. It is a park where children are playing football not some backyard cookout. You can accuse me of lying if you wish but I and many others have witnessed it for ourselves.

I also never disputed the relationship between Mr. Cooper and Mr. Richardson I actually wished them luck. Mr. Cooper has more integrity than that whole board put together. I am glad he will be running the South next year. Had he been given the opportunity at the beginning of this season, rather than midseason, things may have been dramatically different.

You can ask the board as many questions as you want I'm sure they are more than truthful with you. :sarcasm:

Even if every parent involved in this league "helped out" it would not make a difference. If the people running the league have no integrity it means nothing.

:howdy:Have fun with SMYFL next year...my kid will be going back over to Calvert's league. If all works out we may play SMYFL and I look forward to seeing how they look compared to a real organization.

hollywood33

*** a side note*** I'm betting on Braves White to win the bowl games in just about every division. Just a hunch I have...or maybe that's who SMYFL has hand picked to win. Guess we wait and see.

The league doesn't have to hand pick jack sh*t for my son's Braves White, you can down the league all you want, but you sound like a real sucka downing the accomplishments of kids like that!!!

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
My son said that he wanted to play football next year instead of soccer. It took me about 2.4 nanoseconds to tell him absolutely not.

Otter

Nothing to see here
I hope all these leagues are back next year, reading this stuff is great entertainment. :yay:

deino2002

~LEGS FOR DAYS~
My son said that he wanted to play football next year instead of soccer. It took me about 2.4 nanoseconds to tell him absolutely not.

And it's sad that the organizations are the way they are that make you feel this way. I had my daughter in cheerleading for one season and that was enough to turn me and her away from it.....

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
And it's sad that the organizations are the way they are that make you feel this way. I had my daughter in cheerleading for one season and that was enough to turn me and her away from it.....

Reading these threads make me sad. The kids want to play a sport, a nice healthy esteem and health building thing. And PARENTS (and other pathetic adults) fu*k it up. Because they cannot possibly forget their own egos and hurt vaginas long enough to butt out and let kids play a damn game. A game, people. This is why these same kids will watch their parents act like as*holes and act the same way when they get older. Perpetuating a cycle of morons that will likely last on into enternity. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves for making your whole world and self esteem rest on what football league your KID plays for. Suck it up and realize that you cannot continue to live vicariously through your child and go to work. Make money to pay for football equipment and leave them the hell alone.

Pete

Repete
Reading these threads make me sad. The kids want to play a sport, a nice healthy esteem and health building thing. And PARENTS (and other pathetic adults) fu*k it up. Because they cannot possibly forget their own egos and hurt vaginas long enough to butt out and let kids play a damn game. A game, people. This is why these same kids will watch their parents act like as*holes and act the same way when they get older. Perpetuating a cycle of morons that will likely last on into enternity. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves for making your whole world and self esteem rest on what football league your KID plays for. Suck it up and realize that you cannot continue to live vicariously through your child and go to work. Make money to pay for football equipment and leave them the hell alone.

It sounds much worse than it really is. Like everything else the loud ones are the ones you hear most from. Out of a team of 18 kids typically it is only 1 set of parents who are bent over everything and they howl so much it seems like the whole league is screwed up when in fact its not.

yeti

I also never disputed the relationship between Mr. Cooper and Mr. Richardson I actually wished them luck. Mr. Cooper has more integrity than that whole board put together. I am glad he will be running the South next year. Had he been given the opportunity at the beginning of this season, rather than midseason, things may have been dramatically different.

I personally think your an ####### but to clarrify one thing I think you are right on is about Mr. Cooper.

I think the problem was the previous football commissioner didnt like Mr. Cooper and didnt value his ideas or input and only wanted to show he was in control. Once the football commissioner quit, all of the club presidents were able to take more control of thier clubs.

I say good move to SMYFL for getting rid of him.

footballmom

thet is why i love pigskin we always had a scedule the oficials were the best in contry and no one ever drank at the feild what was smyfl releseing at the press confrence smyfl does suck becase they pay the oficials they should let the other clubs pay to just so it steys fare.

In what world are you living in? Don used to give people money to go buy beer. Who cares who drinks as long as it does not cause a problem. I am not condoning drinking beer at the field. I myself am a nondrinker. But if it does not affect the children in any way who cares. Did anything happen this year, caused by drinking? No. The problems were all from complaining parents. I know how hard these people have worked. I am surprised Don and Trude did not quit a long time ago. But they stayed for the children.

This is getting ridiculuous. My kids had a great season. If you don't have anything positive to say keep it to yourself.

Maybe instead of being up at the field watching football you should enroll in night school for grammar. The computer does have spell check.

Zguy28

In what world are you living in?
Maybe instead of being up at the field watching football you should enroll in night school for grammar. The computer does have spell check.

It's hard to believe that the guy who posted this:

Walt_Kowalski said:
Is this open to kids that play for any league?

This guy is a great motivator!!!
is the same as this guy:

Walt_Kowalski said:
thet is why i love pigskin we always had a scedule the oficials were the best in contry and no one ever drank at the feild what was smyfl releseing at the press confrence smyfl does suck becase they pay the oficials they should let the other clubs pay to just so it steys fare.

:confused:

Walt_Kowalski

It's hard to believe that the guy who posted this:

is the same as this guy:

:confused:

sir, my name isnt marko i dont know why you guys keep bothring me thinking im the same same person i am only here to get the facts from becomming lies now thet mustangman is helping we can stup the lies as team you can call me if you have qestions so that we can get some face to face time.

Zguy28

sir, my name isnt marko i dont know why you guys keep bothring me thinking im the same same person i am only here to get the facts from becomming lies now thet mustangman is helping we can stup the lies as team you can call me if you have qestions so that we can get some face to face time.
Nobody understands what you are saying.

WannaBe

Reading all the posts, wow. I guess what they say about St. Mary's sports is true. it sounds like all of you played without helmets.

mustangman

I personally think your an ####### but to clarrify one thing I think you are right on is about Mr. Cooper.

I think the problem was the previous football commissioner didnt like Mr. Cooper and didnt value his ideas or input and only wanted to show he was in control. Once the football commissioner quit, all of the club presidents were able to take more control of thier clubs.

I say good move to SMYFL for getting rid of him.

:killingme:killingme:killingme I'm really laughing at this one because it shows you really don't know what you are talking about. Mr.Cooper has already hand picked the "former" commissioner to help with his league next year. They are actually good friends.

You are one of the biggest defenders of SMYFL, you spew your opinion out over and over again but yet when someone else does you call them names?

That's really mature :lol:

mustangman

The league doesn't have to hand pick jack sh*t for my son's Braves White, you can down the league all you want, but you sound like a real sucka downing the accomplishments of kids like that!!!

Their accomplishments will never mean a thing because it will be marred by the black cloud of dishonesty. The league made it that way NOT the children.

I mentioned before the refs are paid by the north league, if this is not true then answer this question....

12 Championship games/bowls will be played on Saturday out of those 12 how many include a Braves team (the north)?

Answer: ALL 12 OF THEM!
sorry but thats a little too coincidental to me. You can try to say that's talent, accomplishment, whatever but out of 3 different leagues (north, central, and south) and 25 individual teams that's questionable, SUCKA :lol:

I'm not the only one who feels this way about the officiating....
I hope the County takes over and puts in a club model.

I had two kids in SMYFL this season and for the most part things have gone well but there have definitely been some growing pains. Most of the issues we've dealt with, such as scheduling and suspect officiating, could be overcome with County oversight like the Calvert club model.

My biggest concern is if the county does not to get involved and Pigskin decides to return next season. I've never participated in Pigskin so I don't have an opinion on them but I do know St Mary's County can't support three separate football leagues.

Last edited:

mustangman

Looks like change is coming....

Press Release
New St. Mary's Youth Football League Launched
Informational Meeting Set for Dec. 9

St. Mary’s County Department of Recreation and Parks and the Southern Maryland Youth Football League (SMYFL) have formed a partnership to build on the success of SMYFL’s 2009 season. The new program will be called the “St. Mary’s Youth Football League” and will begin play next fall.

In the new league, volunteer run youth football clubs will be established in communities throughout the County to handle player registration, fundraising, recruitment of coaches, and the formation of teams. Each club will enter their teams into age/weight divisions within the League. These existing SMYFL clubs - the Mechanicsville Braves, the Hollywood “Blue” Raiders and the Lexington Park Hornets -are all planning to participate in 2010.

League operations will be managed by Recreation and Parks staff working closely with a Board of Directors comprised of the presidents of each football club. Recreation and Parks will manage administrative functions such as scheduling, contracting with game officials, providing game day supervision, conducting player weigh-ins, and setting standards for sportsmanship.

Phil Rollins, Director, Recreation and Parks Department, believes this partnership will provide the needed long term stability and sustainability for a countywide youth football league. “Our Department is pleased to join an outstanding group of volunteers in offering a youth football program that provides a safe and positive sports environment for participants and their families,” he said.

An informational meeting for the St. Mary’s Youth Football League is scheduled for Wednesday December 9, 2009 at 7:00 p.m. at the Hollywood Recreation Center located in the old Hollywood Elementary School at 24400 Mervell Dean Road, Hollywood, MD 20636. All interested coaches, administrators, and parents are encouraged to attend.

For more information please contact Arthur Shepherd, Recreation Division Manager at 301-475-4200 x 1800 or arthur.shepherd@stmarysmd.com

:popcorn: