Snow !! Part 2

TPD

the poor dad
SMC snowplow contractors have been called to start salting/plowing at midnight.

Grumpy

SMC snowplow contractors have been called to start salting/plowing at midnight.
How come I haven't seen them putting down that liquid stuff??(I'm in Calvert and I imagine they aren't doing it over there either)

TPD

the poor dad
How come I haven't seen them putting down that liquid stuff??(I'm in Calvert and I imagine they aren't doing it over there either)
The county highway department in St Mary’s does not use liquid, but the state highway department does. I don’t know why the state hasn’t put any down. Maybe it’s because the temperatures are not gonna be that cold when it snows??

Grumpy

The county highway department in St Mary’s does not use liquid, but the state highway department does. I don’t know why the state hasn’t put any down. Maybe it’s because the temperatures are not gonna be that cold when it snows??
Thanks...but I remember over the last 5 or 6 years, any time there was a threat of snow, they were out coating the roads..Lot of times it never did snow or rain. Just turned everyone's cars white,..

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Thanks...but I remember over the last 5 or 6 years, any time there was a threat of snow, they were out coating the roads..Lot of times it never did snow or rain. Just turned everyone's cars white,..
And when you drove down the road, there was this fog of salt in the air from the cars kicking it up.

Kind of feel sorry for those folks west of us that are still without power going into this storm.

Reactions: BOP

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I heard somewhere that the liquid could only be applied to dry pavement for it to do any good.

TPD

the poor dad
Started raining about 1am in Ridge. Turned to Snow about 2am. Started sticking about 2:30 when temperature hit the freezing mark. Checking roads now to see if we need to put down any salt.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Deck rail shows less than an inch here in beautiful downtown Abell. I knew cleaning off and gassing up my "winter vehicle" would change the outcome. I'm surprised we had any accumulation at all.

TPD

the poor dad
1" in Dameron. Roads mainly wet. Some slush where the trees protect the road making it colder.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
A decidedly NON impact event. I made the trip from the 7th up to White Plains and just encountered wet roads, some slushiness on Billingsley Rd but that road is garbage on any day. ChuckCo closed schools today, SMCPS did a 2 hr delay which was a better choice.

frequentflier

happy to be living
well, I rekon the same thing is happening with anti-pandemic injections....Nahhhh, I trust our President.

But be sure folks, that you check labels in the local pharmacy before taking discounted medications. I was having problems sleeping at night, worrying myself to see if Amy becomes the first woman to win a million on Jeopardy, but thats for another day. So, a lady suggested I take Melatonin to take the edge off..... So, I downed a few and it didnt help.. Looking at the bottle once again, my shock and horror!!! I had been taking 500 mg.s of Melanoma!!!
Goofball!

:huggy:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
A decidedly NON impact event. I made the trip from the 7th up to White Plains and just encountered wet roads, some slushiness on Billingsley Rd but that road is garbage on any day. ChuckCo closed schools today, SMCPS did a 2 hr delay which was a better choice.
Sidewalks and driveway totally clear already. Heard a plow come thru very early, but it sounded like it was just scraping a dry road rather than pushing snow.

And the sun is coming out now.