Snow Part 4

glhs837

Power with Control
80v volt KObalt did pretty good. One small 2.5ah bteery did 150 feet from the lower drive to the front door, then about four 75 foot passes back and forth from the front door to the corner of the drive, then another 150 foot from there to the far side of the road before asking for a another battery. Not a huge amount, but for a 50-75 foot driveway and a 100 foot front walk it would do. It has storage for a second battery. I'll take it over to the rental later which has a 200 foot drive and 50 foot walk, confident that two batteries will get it done so I dont need to load up the ATV.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I see possibly 1.5" on the deck rail. I imagine we probably have 2" on the ground. Any reports from Lusby area? It doesn't look like we're going to see a massive melt off this weekend, so I'll probably go in and shovel the sidewalks at work. @frequentflier how's it looking over yonder?
I'm in Lusby and I'd say 5-6 inches

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I'm in Lusby and I'd say 5-6 inches
Thank you. On closer inspection, we have between 2-3" here. If I can make it to the secondary roads, it should be smooth sailing. The car is cleaned off and warming up. That damned diesel only gets so warm. Daughter reports 4-5" in Town Creek area.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Looks about 4-5" in Town Creek. Poor birds were desperately trying to find food on the bird feeder, had to go out and clear the snow off.

No intention of trying to use the snow thrower until the wind stops. Now just sitting inside with coffee, watching cartoons on a Saturday morning.

Life is Good.

frequentflier

happy to be living
I see possibly 1.5" on the deck rail. I imagine we probably have 2" on the ground. Any reports from Lusby area? It doesn't look like we're going to see a massive melt off this weekend, so I'll probably go in and shovel the sidewalks at work. @frequentflier how's it looking over yonder?
We got about 5 or 6 inches total. Doggie loved playing in it this morning and we unearthed the bird feeders and the deck and porch railings and I swear we had 50 hungry little birds on the back railing when we got inside!

frequentflier

happy to be living
After another cup of coffee, I will dress warm and fire up the Kubota and clear the main driveway. I don't know if our tenants have to get out but the young man is a heating/AC tech and on days like today, he could make some serious scratch if he were called out!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
3" on my car roof. 3" on the garden bed border stones.

So...3" over here (inland..not on the bayside and not on the rivah-side) in PF-land.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Cleared off my 2 wheel drive truck and went out to fill it with gas.

Roads are completely clear in the Mechanicsville Area. Even Sandgates was scraped clean.

rio

Husband is out plowing our road now. Pavement is coming clean nicely, the gravel may have a skim on it for awhile. Will put ice melt on the hilly turn that stays in the shade and we'll be good to go. We have nowhere to go, but we can if we want!

stgislander

PREMO Member
My driveway was practically melted by the time I went out at 10am. The sides of both vehicles facing the sun were already starting to melt. Brooming off the snow sped up the process. I turned both around to let the sun work its magic on the other side. Both were practically clear when I finished shoveling.

I even offered my neighbor across the street (with a shaded driveway) to swap parking spots so he could partake in the sun.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Cleared off my 2 wheel drive truck and went out to fill it with gas.

Roads are completely clear in the Mechanicsville Area. Even Sandgates was scraped clean.
:yahoo: Good!! Three Days of Rain plays their first Gig there at Seabreeze tonight!!! :getdown:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Worked at clearing the customer parking spaces at work. All the plows stopping at 7-11 last night must've turned around right in front of the shop. I battled packed ice and snow for 3 1/2 hours with a plastic shovel, but mission accomplished. I'm ready for a nap.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
:lol:

The preious owner of this house left a real nice aluminum coal shovel. Over the years I've had to clean the edge that gets rolled over, but it is the best snow shovel I've ever had.
This plastic shovel was purchased when GHWB was in office. It hasn't been "indoors" since it left W&L True Value that day. It's kind of like an old friend. Cheap and weather-worn, but never lets you down.

TPD

the poor dad
6”+ in south county. Looks like we are the winner! It was a long day for me and my crew. We left the house Friday evening at 4pm and I did not get home till 5pm Saturday evening. Got in bed at 6:30 and just now getting out. This old man can’t take it anymore.

Other than being cold anytime I stepped out of the truck or skid loader, we had no issues except for me getting stuck on the road to the barn yesterday evening as I was going to park the skid steer trailer. 4 damn plows and we can’t plow our own road! Snow had drifted across the road about 12” deep and the old Ram just didn’t want to pull the 6 ton trailer thru it.