Snow??

Grumpy

Think I misjudged..its about 2 or 3 inches now. Just moved the cars around..think I will be moving the snow blower around to the front shortly

glhs837

Power with Control
Think I misjudged..its about 2 or 3 inches now. Just moved the cars around..think I will be moving the snow blower around to the front shortly

Yep, told the neighbors to expect two passes with the plow from me. One about noon and another about 5-6. Only takes about 20- minutes or so to do the 1/4 mile.

JB Weather is reporting the heavy bands of smow are dropping 2-4 inches of smow an hour. Facebook feed from Mech FD is reporting trees are downing. Several roads closed due to downed trees.

As for road conditions, I'm hearing SHA has a shortage of plows out due to many drivers being down with COVID. You will not see the normal rate of salting/clearing you tend to expect from past experience.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
As for road conditions, I'm hearing SHA has a shortage of plows out due to many drivers being down with COVID. You will not see the normal rate of salting/clearing you tend to expect from past experience.
I wasn't planning on going outside to start clearing until much later today, but the plows just came thru and left these huge snowballs blocking the end of the driveway. If I don't get those cleared before they turn to ice....

OTOH, it's supposed to be sunny for the next few days. Maybe I'll let nature clear it for me. I've got nowhere to go.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I wasn't planning on going outside to start clearing until much later today, but the plows just came thru and left these huge snowballs blocking the end of the driveway. If I don't get those cleared before they turn to ice....

OTOH, it's supposed to be sunny for the next few days. Maybe I'll let nature clear it for me. I've got nowhere to go.
I wanna be retired.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
And now the power is flickering. I know some of GB is out already just don't need that down here at the end of the line.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
And now the power is flickering. I know some of GB is out already just don't need that down here at the end of the line.
Constant little dimming every now and then. Hopefully just a stray branch touching a line here and there. I've got the generator on the back porch, but really don't want to have to use it.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Had to reset my ABB modem. Glad it reset okay. Didn't want to lose internet this early in the game.
I already had unlimited data from Verizon Wireless, so for 10 bucks more, added a hotspot option as a backup to ABB.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Drove out to Mechanicsville, just for the hell of it.

Roads are sloppy but the plows are out and about. Snow sitting over an icy slush underneath kept me to under 40mph.

Theres a tree down in the right lane of southbound 235 just before the Pizza Bolis. MSP has flares and lights going.

Tree branches on some roads, including Sandgates.

Grumpy

Drove out to Mechanicsville, just for the hell of it.

Roads are sloppy but the plows are out and about. Snow sitting over an icy slush underneath kept me to under 40mph.

Theres a tree down in the right lane of southbound 235 just before the Pizza Bolis. MSP has flares and lights going.

Tree branches on some roads, including Sandgates.
Just tried to get one of the cars out of the driveway, no go..The slush under the snow isn't letting me get up the slight incline to the road. Guess I should fire up the snow blower and knock some of this crap down.