Snyder does it AGAIN!!!

Ponytail

It's not 40 guaranteed?

Nope.

"McNabb will make $3.75 million in 2010, and then the Redskins have the big decision to make during the off-season: whether to pay him a $10 million option bonus. If they do, it triggers the rest of the contract and he would also be paid $2.5 million in base salary in 2011. But if the Redskins cut or trade McNabb after this season, they are liable only for that $3.75 million. In other words: McNabb can’t afford to get too comfortable."

" One other interesting detail: if McNabb sustains a career-ending injury this season, he will receive $25 million."

From New Details on McNabb's Contract - NYTimes.com

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Nope.

"McNabb will make $3.75 million in 2010, and then the Redskins have the big decision to make during the off-season: whether to pay him a $10 million option bonus. If they do, it triggers the rest of the contract and he would also be paid $2.5 million in base salary in 2011. But if the Redskins cut or trade McNabb after this season, they are liable only for that $3.75 million. In other words: McNabb can’t afford to get too comfortable."

From New Details on McNabb's Contract - NYTimes.com

OK, well, then I am ass because my entire reaction was based on the original reported $40 mil guaranteed.

:lol:

R

retiredweaxman

OK, well, then I am ass because my entire reaction was based on the original reported $40 mil guaranteed.

:lol:

LARRY - you did not overreact...if McScab fulfills the full 5 years of the contract, then he would have received 40 mil in guaranteed money. The other 38 mil is incentive laden...

Someone posted earlier that his base salary is 3.5 mil then escalates each year. It was also written into the contract that the Foreskins can cancel during each preseason and not be penalized for the remainder of the contract.

edit: Redskins have out clause in Donovan McNabb's new contract - NFL - SI.com

Last edited by a moderator:

BuddyLee

Football addict
LARRY - you did not overreact...if McScab fulfills the full 5 years of the contract, then he would have received 40 mil in guaranteed money. The other 38 mil is incentive laden...

Point being, most contracts in the NFL aren't fulfilled. Especially ones of this nature.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Someone posted earlier that his base salary is 3.5 mil then escalates each year. It was also written into the contract that the Foreskins can cancel during each preseason and not be penalized for the remainder of the contract.

edit: Redskins have out clause in Donovan McNabb's new contract - NFL - SI.com

Now see, last night I heard on one of the shows that if he is still on the roster next spring, the guarantee money becomes huges, not just 10.

What go on!?

BuddyLee

Football addict
Now see, last night I heard on one of the shows that if he is still on the roster next spring, the guarantee money becomes huges, not just 10.

What go on!?
No one knew the final details of the deal the other night. Sounds like the show was going off speculative material.

Otter

Nothing to see here

What go on!?

You need to quit listening to those shows. Just about every little thing is so overblown by the sports media that you can't trust them. They throw EVERYTHING against the wall to see if its gets traction. Yesterday, Czabe or Pollan did 15 minutes on a comment McNabb made discussing his contract. He said something to the effect that he 'was looking forward to the next couple years on the Skins'..They ripped that apart that McNabb knew he wasn't gonna be here after 2 years and this whole 5 yr contract is a sham. Everything nowadays is blown so far out of proportion by the media parsing every word, body movement or facial expression. It's jumped the shark.

Baz

This. ------------------>
Even if the $40 million guaranteed is inaccurate, I still don't understand how this extension makes sense. Except for McNabb, that is.

If ths Skins decide to keep him around after this year, that means McNabb will be paid a minimum of $12.5 million. Just for next year. The McNabb I'm seeing out there isn't worth close to that. They're paying him for what he used to be, not what he is.

Also, it seems that nobody's really expecting him to be here past a couple more years. If so, why the 5-year deal? I get the impression Shannahan isn't too impressed with what he's getting from McNabb so far. (Rightfully so.) So why not wait until after the season to decide to resign him to a 1-2 year deal? Based on his play this year, I doubt the market is going to drive his price up.

Minimum $12.5 Million next year for a 34 year old QB clearly past his prime, and certainly not in the team's long term plans? If he was the last piece of the puzzle for a Super Bowl run, sure. But that's not the case. I just don't get it. Skins need a young QB who will stabilize that position for years, not an overpriced, past-his-prime temp.

Then again, this is Dan Snyder. So it makes complete sense.

Attachments

• Dan-Snyder.jpg
    Dan-Snyder.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 66

PsyOps

Pixelated
You need to quit listening to those shows. Just about every little thing is so overblown by the sports media that you can't trust them. They throw EVERYTHING against the wall to see if its gets traction. Yesterday, Czabe or Pollan did 15 minutes on a comment McNabb made discussing his contract. He said something to the effect that he 'was looking forward to the next couple years on the Skins'..They ripped that apart that McNabb knew he wasn't gonna be here after 2 years and this whole 5 yr contract is a sham. Everything nowadays is blown so far out of proportion by the media parsing every word, body movement or facial expression. It's jumped the shark.

It doesn’t appear to have jumped the shark with the team. I may be reading too much into it, but the team seems to have reacted to this deal on the field with a record pathetic performance. Is this just a coincidence? Perhaps I’m misreading events following this deal, and the team is silent on the whole thing; but it seems obvious to me the rest of the team, after busting their butts trying to rebuild, is rewarded by being thrown under the bus in exchange for a huge contract to one of the worst-rated QBs in the NFL; a guy that was pulled from the game 2 weeks prior. I’m just trying to imagine what’s going through the rest of the teams’ minds.

Otter

Nothing to see here
It doesn’t appear to have jumped the shark with the team. I may be reading too much into it, but the team seems to have reacted to this deal on the field with a record pathetic performance. Is this just a coincidence? Perhaps I’m misreading events following this deal, and the team is silent on the whole thing; but it seems obvious to me the rest of the team, after busting their butts trying to rebuild, is rewarded by being thrown under the bus in exchange for a huge contract to one of the worst-rated QBs in the NFL; a guy that was pulled from the game 2 weeks prior. I’m just trying to imagine what’s going through the rest of the teams’ minds.

:killingme:killingme You should have your own show.

Otter

Nothing to see here
So I take you don't see that this had any impact on the rest of the team.

No, I don't. Players nowadays don't give a chit, IMO. All this psychobabble to explain that Shanny didn't have the team prepared is just baloney. Sometimes the simplest explanation is the right one, Philly was ready, the Skins weren't.

As for all your beetching about Snyder, would you be happy if we had an owner like Bidwell was for years, never shelling out the bucks and fielding a pathethic team yearly? However wrong Snyder is about so many things(and I despise him), he is willing to spend. We can only hope he grows into a owner that lets football people make the decisions and realizes he's as dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to building a team. I have my doubts about that, but hope is all we got, cuz this team is not changing owners for a long, long time.

R

retiredweaxman

No, I don't. Players nowadays don't give a chit, IMO. All this psychobabble to explain that Shanny didn't have the team prepared is just baloney. Sometimes the simplest explanation is the right one, Philly was ready, the Skins weren't.

As for all your beetching about Snyder, would you be happy if we had an owner like Bidwell was for years, never shelling out the bucks and fielding a pathethic team yearly? However wrong Snyder is about so many things(and I despise him), he is willing to spend. We can only hope he grows into a owner that lets football people make the decisions and realizes he's as dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to building a team. I have my doubts about that, but hope is all we got, cuz this team is not changing owners for a long, long time.

I think your Redskins should take a hint from my JETS when it come to building a team. Not too far in the past, we were the laughing stock on the AFC after making it to the AFC Championship game in 2002.

However, just take a look at our 1st round draft picks since then:

2006: D'brickishaw Ferguson and Mangold
2007: Revis
2008: Gholston (ok, he has been a bust), Keller
2009: Sanchez

Add to that, low priced free agents and savvy trades (LT, Holmes come to mind) and that is the recipe for building a winning team (it doesn't hurt when you have a coach that everyone wants to play for)

PsyOps

Pixelated

This was more than just not being ready. This was an NFL record-breaking day on almost every level. This was a complete team collapse. I’m approaching this from a mental level. Guys like Cooley, Sellers, McIntosh, Banks, Landry, Moss, etc… who have busted their butts to get this team on track, shoved to the side for a washed-up guy who probably wont be around next year anyway. It was obvious no one had any desire to play that night. Week 10 and they weren't ready? This was more than that.

I would be happy with Snyder gone. I don’t how you leap from “and I despise him” to justifying anything he does. Speaking out of both sides of your mouth doesn’t edge this discussion in any direction except for you to disagree with me. How many years are we going to keep saying “We can only hope he grows into a owner that lets football people make the decisions”? I wish I could go back and find how many times that’s been said over the years. I have an answer for that: NEVER! I’m not going to play the middle of the road on this like you. I have reached my limit. You apparently haven’t.

Otter

Nothing to see here
This was more than just not being ready. This was an NFL record-breaking day on almost every level. This was a complete team collapse. I’m approaching this from a mental level. Guys like Cooley, Sellers, McIntosh, Banks, Landry, Moss, etc… who have busted their butts to get this team on track, shoved to the side for a washed-up guy who probably wont be around next year anyway. It was obvious no one had any desire to play that night. Week 10 and they weren't ready? This was more than that.

I would be happy with Snyder gone. I don’t how you leap from “and I despise him” to justifying anything he does. Speaking out of both sides of your mouth doesn’t edge this discussion in any direction except for you to disagree with me. How many years are we going to keep saying “We can only hope he grows into a owner that lets football people make the decisions”? I wish I could go back and find how many times that’s been said over the years. I have an answer for that: NEVER! I’m not going to play the middle of the road on this like you. I have reached my limit. You apparently haven’t.

My gawd, are you high???:lol: If you've reached your limit, why do you even comment? You have way too much invested in your 'hate Snyder' crusade. The fact remains, hate him or like him, he isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

PsyOps

Pixelated
My gawd, are you high???:lol: If you've reached your limit, why do you even comment? You have way too much invested in your 'hate Snyder' crusade. The fact remains, hate him or like him, he isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

High, no. A little on the insane side? Perhaps. But you answered your own question why I even comment. I am on a crusade to get Snyder out. If people stop filling the seats and buying Redskins crap, perhaps Snyder will part with his little toy he loves manipulating for his own pleasure. But, you're right, he's not going anywhere soon. So, maybe I should just shut up about it. It seems instead of getting people to hear me, all I'm doing is annoying people like you.

:buddies: