So a gas freak out is going on?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I still remember the 1978 gas shortage (I was a kid) and having to line up for gas based on your license plate.
I was a kid, working at the Gulf in Mechanicsville when that occurred.

Never filled so many gas cans in my life.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I still remember the 1978 gas shortage (I was a kid) and having to line up for gas based on your license plate.
I was 19 and worked in DC and carpooled. It was interesting to say the least.

BUT, we did it and there were no excuses for not getting to work.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I was 19 and worked in DC and carpooled. It was interesting to say the least.

BUT, we did it and there were no excuses for not getting to work.
P.S.
I used to line my car up on Rt. 235 in Hollywood to get gas at Tippett's Texaco!

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I worked at Mattingly's IGA at the time. One day the big boss gave me a "Last Car in Line" sign and the keys to his '69 Impala SS to go terminate the line so we could close the pumps down at a decent hour.

Kinnakeet

I worked at Mattingly's IGA at the time. One day the big boss gave me a "Last Car in Line" sign and the keys to his '69 Impala SS to go terminate the line so we could close the pumps down at a decent hour.
1969 SS impala hard car to find these days I have only seen a few in my life time
Was it a 427 CID car?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
1969 SS impala hard car to find these days I have only seen a few in my life time
Was it a 427 CID car?

Buddy of mine in HS had an immaculate 1969 Camaro, black convertible, with the 427 and 4 speed. Very rare combination then (mid 1970s) but worth a small fortune now. He said that selling that car was probably one of the biggest financial mistakes he ever made...LOL.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Buddy of mine in HS had an immaculate 1969 Camaro, black convertible, with the 427 and 4 speed. Very rare combination then (mid 1970s) but worth a small fortune now. He said that selling that car was probably one of the biggest financial mistakes he ever made...LOL.
My husband still has his 1978 Gold Trans Am that he bought when he was 18 (now 56) that he boosted so he could drag race on the streets of Detroit. He would give up me and the boys before he'd give up that car. He said that he knew I was "the one" because I was the first girlfriend that didn't insist that he sell that car.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My husband still has his 1978 Gold Trans Am that he bought when he was 18 (now 56)

I've owned a long list of what are now defined as "collector cars"...I'm soon 63 years old. While of course I wish I had some or all of them today, I was never "wealthy" and each one got sold or traded off for the next over the years....

At the top of my "wish I coulda kept them" list: 1970 Road Runner, 2-speed, 440-6 pack. 1957 Bel Air with 1967 Corvette 327-365, 4 speed. 1963 Cadlillac El Dorado convertible., 1972 Pantera, numerous 66-77 Broncos

On the flip side, I recently came across a 1927 Dodge Brothers "Fast Four" coupe up for auction that was identical in every respect to the one I restored back in the late 70s/early 80s. It sold for only $6500!...mine was valued at a lot more than that over 40 years ago. Values change as tastes and collector "wants" change over time.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I've owned a long list of what are now defined as "collector cars"...I'm soon 63 years old. While of course I wish I had some or all of them today, I was never "wealthy" and each one got sold or traded off for the next over the years....

At the top of my "wish I coulda kept them" list: 1970 Road Runner, 2-speed, 440-6 pack. 1957 Bel Air with 1967 Corvette 327-365, 4 speed. 1963 Cadlillac El Dorado convertible., 1972 Pantera, numerous 66-77 Broncos

On the flip side, I recently came across a 1927 Dodge Brothers "Fast Four" coupe up for auction that was identical in every respect to the one I restored back in the late 70s/early 80s. It sold for only $6500!...mine was valued at a lot more than that over 40 years ago. Values change as tastes and collector "wants" change over time.
Along with the Trans Am, my husband has a Cyclone, a Super Bee, and a Barracuda. Can't remember the years but I think the Cyclone is a 1969.