So, Aldi's

stgislander

PREMO Member
This photo appeared in the ads.
Screensbear.jpg

PeoplesElbow

A few years ago, Aldi's used to sell a set of woodworking chisels for like $%. It was a running gag on the woodworking forums about buying them. So, I caved in a bought a set. Actually, not bad. A big hit from the aisle of shame.
I like mine too, not Pfiel, but not bad.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I like my $5/set Stanley's. Of course I last used one to cut aluminum pop rivets in a Lowe bass boat rod locker.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

They used to be low rent, like #2 can foods and cheap generic products. Times change.
When we moved to Indiana in 93 Anderson IN had one.
"Scotch Buy, 'taint fancy but it sure is good".

An aside, I wonder why, "Irish Spring, made for a man, but women like it too", isn't promoted as such any more? Is it because women have now become men?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I love, and I hate, shopping at Aldi this time of year. They always have German pastries and cookies and stuff. I drool over it all because I shouldn't have sugar things, and if I buy something it lasts about 2 seconds and poof... gone. No will power.

I did buy a few things, like almond stollen and a few frozen pastries for the holidays.

NextJen

Raisin cane
I have only been in the Aldi’s in Waldorf once. Try to stay our of Waldorf as much as I can. I see they are putting one in LaPlata on Rosewick. I’ll have to check them out.

PeoplesElbow

I did some Christmas shopping at Aldi today, small Lego sets, magnetic connecting shapes, sented lotions, and sented candles. Any gifts not off Amazon came from Aldi.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I bought some Butter Speculations and Pfeffernusse. Good thing I don't have a sweettooth. I'll probably end up tossing them when they get stale.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Pfeffernusse is a small mound of licorice flavored cookie covered in powdered sugar. Some are very soft, some hard as a rock.