So another POS criminal cant' behave himself and Atlanta burns...

General Lee

What these retard Mayors, media idiots and cockroaches of these cities don't realize is that if an officer's taser is taken from him, and if said taser is used against them, it can render them incapacitated. Then the likely hood of their firearm being taken is there resulting in them being killed. Deadly force by police is allowed. Shame on the Mayor for calling for the direct firing of the officer like she is the judge, jury and executioner. And shame on the police chief for cowardly stepping down.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Yeah. He thought he could talk his way out of it until the cuffs came out.

He was given multiple chances to simply move out of the drive-through and park his car. The officer was about as patient as anyone ever could be over the course of more than half an hour!....but the guy just kept passing back out. Eventually the first responding officer called for the DUI unit..which took 15 minutes to arrive. The video that the media is plastering all over the place is the last few minutes of an encounter that lasted for over 40 minutes.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And shame on the police chief for cowardly stepping down.

OMG, wouldn't you? If I were her I too would have handed in my resignation. In fact I'd have quit the whole police thing and moved to Yellowstone to work camp. I don't know how those people stand their jobs.

stgislander

PREMO Member
OMG, wouldn't you? If I were her I too would have handed in my resignation. In fact I'd have quit the whole police thing and moved to Yellowstone to work camp. I don't know how those people stand their jobs.
In a perfect world #2 then says, "Oh hell no you don't! You're not sticking me with this CF!" and he/she steps down as well. Lather, rinse, repeat for #3, #4, and so on. Pretty soon there'd be zero leadership left. :lol:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
What these retard Mayors, media idiots and cockroaches of these cities don't realize is that if an officer's taser is taken from him, and if said taser is used against them, it can render them incapacitated. Then the likely hood of their firearm being taken is there resulting in them being killed. Deadly force by police is allowed. Shame on the Mayor for calling for the direct firing of the officer like she is the judge, jury and executioner. And shame on the police chief for cowardly stepping down.

And...the ATF classifies that type of taser a "firearm". Not just a weapon...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
In a perfect world #2 then says, "Oh hell no you don't! You're not sticking me with this CF!" and he/she steps down as well. Lather, rinse, repeat for #3, #4, and so on. Pretty soon there'd be zero leadership left. :lol:

It's human nature to think you can deal with the aholes and do a better job than the person before you. I had a marriage like that and learned right quick that, no, I can't. #2 was probably pretty excited to show their stuff. We'll check back with them in a week or two and see how that's working out. :lol:

stgislander

PREMO Member
It's human nature to think you can deal with the aholes and do a better job than the person before you. I had a marriage like that and learned right quick that, no, I can't. #2 was probably pretty excited to show their stuff. We'll check back with them in a week or two and see how that's working out. :lol:
That's true. Someone's always looking for that chance to make their bones and get their next star.

General Lee

I would like to think a career law enforcement official like her would stand up for her officers IF it warrants it and AT LEAST let the investigation play out. I know if she did, the mayor would of fired her anyway so.......

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I would like to think a career law enforcement official like her would stand up for her officers IF it warrants it and AT LEAST let the investigation play out. I know if she did, the mayor would of fired her anyway so.......

See, that's the thing people don't understand. The Mayor tells the police commissioner to get and do, and there may be people down the line from him/her, but the actual police chief is several rungs down the get and do ladder. They just take the blame for everything, they don't make any actual decisions.

I don't blame that woman one single little bit for walking away from that mess.

officeguy

He did that to himself. All I see is two cops who treated him in a professional manner. And he wasn't so drunk that he didn't know what he was doing, just tried to talk his way out of a DUI and started to fight the moment he realized that it wasn't working. This wasn't 'the legacy of slavery', racism or anything else, this was just a slightly inebriated idiot who made some very poor choices.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
His relatives keening and acting like morons, Monello said they remind him of The First 48 suspects. :lol: You can tell they just want to make bank like George Floyd's family did.

22AcaciaAve

He did that to himself. All I see is two cops who treated him in a professional manner. And he wasn't so drunk that he didn't know what he was doing, just tried to talk his way out of a DUI and started to fight the moment he realized that it wasn't working. This wasn't 'the legacy of slavery', racism or anything else, this was just a slightly inebriated idiot who made some very poor choices.

Yeah, pretty much. If he had simply tried to run, there might be a case here but he grabbed the officer's taser, then turned and pointed it at him. You don't point a weapon at a police officer and expect not to get shot. Despite the national agenda, this is in no way similar to the Floyd killing.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I have NO Problem with the shooting, I'm just saying it did not have to go that far .....

The guy was already off the street, take his keys, get him cab, give him a ride home

Well, ffs, how drunk does one have to be to pass out stone cold in the drive through of a fast food restaurant?

They were only talking to him and he was carrying on a conversation with the police officers. When he failed the breathalizer, they were just following their procedures, which is to place him in hand cuffs. They weren't even being overzealous or rough with him, and he kirked out and took the police officer's taser - he took a weapon off of the police officer, which he fully intended to use. Can you imagine what he might have done if they had tried to get his keys?

Bann

PREMO Member

Exactly. The whole thing is ridiculous and she was probably DONE. JUST DONE. With all of it. Can't blame her a bit.

Bann

PREMO Member
What these retard Mayors, media idiots and cockroaches of these cities don't realize is that if an officer's taser is taken from him, and if said taser is used against them, it can render them incapacitated. Then the likely hood of their firearm being taken is there resulting in them being killed. Deadly force by police is allowed.
:yeahthat:
Shame on the Mayor for calling for the direct firing of the officer like she is the judge, jury and executioner. And shame on the police chief for cowardly stepping down.
Shame on the Mayor for her part - as she didn't even know the facts. That's crazy.

But the Police Chief stepping down - I can't say I blame her for that.

officeguy

When he started fighting them, did we expect the cops to just shrug their shoulders and say 'ah, we'll just mail him a summons' ?
Enforcement of DUI laws is not optional. This was not some 'you crossed the solid line' fishing expedition. The guy was out at the controls of his car !