So...gun ban

Hijinx

http://www.fox5dc.com/news/florida-...ed-ar-15-rifle-calls-for-stricter-gun-control

TAMARAC, Fla. - A Florida gun owner struggling with another mass shooting that has taken place in the United States after the deadly shooting attack at a South Florida high school is hoping to make a difference and lead by example by surrendering his rifle to law enforcement.

In a Facebook post that was liked more than 186,000 times and shared over 82,000 times as of Friday night, Ben Dickmann says he has turned in his AR-57, a caliber variant of the AR-15, along with 100 rounds of ammunition to the Broward County Sheriff’s Office on Friday. He even posted photos of the weapon being taken in by a deputy and a receipt showing a note that Dickmann requested for the disposal or destruction of the weapon.

Ben Dickman????Are you sure his name wasn't Ben Dickhead?

black dog

Free America
http://www.fox5dc.com/news/florida-...ed-ar-15-rifle-calls-for-stricter-gun-control

TAMARAC, Fla. - A Florida gun owner struggling with another mass shooting that has taken place in the United States after the deadly shooting attack at a South Florida high school is hoping to make a difference and lead by example by surrendering his rifle to law enforcement.

In a Facebook post that was liked more than 186,000 times and shared over 82,000 times as of Friday night, Ben Dickmann says he has turned in his AR-57, a caliber variant of the AR-15, along with 100 rounds of ammunition to the Broward County Sheriff’s Office on Friday. He even posted photos of the weapon being taken in by a deputy and a receipt showing a note that Dickmann requested for the disposal or destruction of the weapon.

Good for him, he didn't give away much at all... One would think it would have been easier just to smash it with a hammer in his driveway. But that wouldn't get the " likes " on Facebook like a video of taking it to the Sheriff's Dept.

seven

Good for him, he didn't give away much at all... One would think it would have been easier just to smash it with a hammer in his driveway. But that wouldn't get the " likes " on Facebook like a video of taking it to the Sheriff's Dept.

I think there is a message in the way he went about it there doofus.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Ben Dickman????Are you sure his name wasn't Ben Dickhead?

And, what is stopping him from purchasing another gun, after his oh so sensitive gesture?

Also, I wonder now many will follow his lead? I won’t hold my breath on that one.

Last edited:

hitchicken

I'm genuinely curious what they see happening. I'm not a person who just tosses out "ideas" willy nilly. I was trained by a wonderful former boss to never pop out an idea that I didn't have an implementation plan for. If I couldn't walk him through it realistically, I better shut up. Which is also why I'm not interested in pointless discussions of what "should" be.

So when I see all these hysterical people demanding this that and the other thing, I'd like to hear their plan for implementation. Walk me through it.

Tons of flaws, but here is an idea to build on in keeping with your suggestion.

When a person buys a gun, they are forever linked and responsible for any criminal act committed with that gun Serial #, ownership info maintained in a secure digital database. They sell/give/gift it, they MUST update the database or remain responsible. If stolen, they must report it, but still maintain PARTIAL responsibility because they didn't secure it well enough.

If the gun commits a robbery, the linked owner (and thief) both serve jail time. If murder, the linked owner (and killer) both get lethal injection.

Let the screaming begin... 3... 2... 1...

littlelady

God bless the USA

When a person buys a gun, they are forever linked and responsible for any criminal act committed with that gun Serial #, ownership info maintained in a secure digital database. They sell/give/gift it, they MUST update the database or remain responsible. If stolen, they must report it, but still maintain PARTIAL responsibility because they didn't secure it well enough.

If the gun commits a robbery, the linked owner (and thief) both serve jail time. If murder, the linked owner (and killer) both get lethal injection.

There has been screaming for quite a while. Nothing new. And, there are a lot of guns that have been lost because of boats sinking. Let them look for them. :lol:

Or, there is this one. When we moved, the movers came back and stole our guns, and other stuff. That, actually, happened to me when I moved from Bent Twig in Gaithersburg to Mockingbird Drive in Darnestown
in 1986.
I was 8 months preg and still working, and came home to a house that was ransacked and entry was through kitchen window. We know it was the movers, but nothing was proven. Insurance helped, somewhat. So...my point is you can, also, blame it on the movers.

I looked them up just now, and they are no longer in business. No big surprise. I haven’t thought about that in years. Life goes on.

Last edited:

Sapidus

First I don’t think we need to ban all guns. Just high caliber semiautomatic weapons should be near impossible to get other than police or military.

The above sounds like a reasonable start.

In Europe and Australia you must keep guns in a locked cabinet and police can check on threm once a year.

I think gun manufacturers should also be held responsible.

How can you believe bakers are forced to participate in gay weddings by baking a cake but then not think gun manufacturers are participating in mass shootings?

littlelady

God bless the USA
And
First I don’t think we need to ban all guns. Just high caliber semiautomatic weapons should be near impossible to get other than police or military.

In Europe and Australia you must keep guns in a locked cabinet and police can check on threm once a year.

How can you believe bakers are forced to participate in gay weddings by baking a cake but then not think gun manufacturers are participating in mass shootings?

You woke up. Did you have a nice nap? All our guns are kept in a locked cabinet. We don’t need to be told to do so. It is common sense. And, what are these police checking on? Responsible gun owners? Shouldn’t they be checking on the psychos; same as our FBI? As far as your comparison to baking wedding cakes, I haven’t heard yet that a wedding cake killed anyone. So, do you think car and knife manufacturers should be held responsible, also?

And, any gun can kill someone; it doesn’t matter the caliber of it all. If someone intends to kill, they will do it with what they have in their possession.

I forgot that you said no one responds to me. That has been proven false, also. And, you won’t reply because it will go against what you said to me. :lol:

Your hypocrisy oozes through members’ screens on this forum. I have a cleaner for that. :smile:

Last edited:

black dog

Free America

First explain exactly what high caliber semiautomatic weapons are? At what caliber do you think the banning should start at?
And don't forget the few hundred thousand machine guns in the hands of the public, what do we do with those evil guns?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
First explain exactly what high caliber semiautomatic weapons are? At what caliber do you think the banning should start at?
And don't forget the few hundred thousand machine guns in the hands of the public, what do we do with those evil guns?
That is a good one isn't it? "High caliber"… What the ####? :lmao:

Wont these numb nuts he surprised to find out what an actual hunting cartridge can do in the realm of damage versus one of these wimpy ass things the ARs and other semis shoot.

I suppose they really want more people to die by hoping the crazies use 30:06, 7mm, .338s, .416s or .458win rather than a cartridge designed to wound.

imagine how many bodies a hunting cartridge like 458 Winchester can make it through before it comes to rest. 6? 8 maybe? Human beings aren't anywhere near as tough as Elk or Bison.

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

?

LOL....."high caliber". What dat?