So how is covid really affecting your life?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Covid hasn't really affected my life other than having to wear a mask when I go into stores (1-2 times a week) and getting two shots. I have never stopped going into the office and we don't wear masks in there. I am not a social person so not having get togethers is fine with me. I don't pre-sanitize anything nor am I using hand sanitizer. Very little has changed in my life which I like.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I don't pre-sanitize anything nor am I using hand sanitizer.
:yay::yay:

Yeah. I don't get the whole purell and lysol thing. I find it kind of amusing.

Oh... And the ridiculous "elbow-hand-shake substituion" thing. :lmao:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I do not use the hand sanitizers any more than I did pre-covid which was none. I do use the wipes on the carts at grocery stores and other stores because people are filthy animals and they were before covid.

But I am *very social, so having things shut down and people afraid to go out has impacted me and I think it's a damn shame.

That - and there was the dancing incident which highly pissed me off even more so than the masks.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I had a rapid onset sneeze the other day. Happened so fast I didn't have time to remove the mask.

Had to throw that one away. ew.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
(and there are 2 containers of pens. ONE FOR USED, ONE FOR CLEANED PENS - the clipboards are not sanitized that I saw)

I laugh out loud every time I see that. People are handling everything around them - the doorknob, the merchandise, the counter...and yet those pens, man, those things will give you the rona.

:roflmao:

Who comes up with this stuff?

DaSDGuy

I laugh out loud every time I see that. People are handling everything around them - the doorknob, the merchandise, the counter...and yet those pens, man, those things will give you the rona.

:roflmao:

Who comes up with this stuff?
Sooo, we have been told we can't sneeze into our hands because it passes germs so we are taught to sneeze into our arms near the elbow joint. Now we are told we can't shake hands because of rona so we are told to rub elbows. Good plan

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
As for indoors... I have my coffee right in front of me and my mask in my pocket. :whistle:

When I was doing KOA events this winter I was supposed to make sure guests were masked on the entertainment deck UNLESS they had food or beverage. So I made sure to have refreshments available for that purpose. My boss worships at the Temple of Fauci and is all in on the rona hype, but she also understood that those people are our guests and are there to have a good time, so she okayed it.

Grumpy

Other than the couple minutes inside a store a few times a week, I haven't worn a mask. As for work, I've only been in my office 3 times over the past 14 months and only wear them in hallways, take it off in my office. Looks like things are partially opening up, I have an in-person meeting this Thursday down in Lex Park but masks/distancing will probably be required. Kinda dumb in my view since the zoom meetings were just as productive without the hassle of masks. This gas thing has me concerned tho, I really enjoy riding around and rolling down my window to point and laugh at joggers and drivers wearing masks.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
It hasn't had much effect on me. I greatly dislike the masks, but I only go to the store maybe once a week and rip it off before I'm out the exit. In the beginning we were extra careful due to my Dad's health, but we all relaxed not long after that. I'm not much of a social butterfly and am happy at home with me, myself and I. All 3 of us get along pretty well. I'm still teleworking, which I have really become accustomed to. As for the gas thing, I may have to go out this afternoon to fill up, only due to a trip to Waldorf tomorrow morning.

And to add, I had a call from a co-worker this morning. In passing, he asked if I had my vaccine yet. NOPE. Then he asked if I was going to get it. Again, NOPE. His demeanor changed and quickly got off the phone. I guess I could spread the 'rona over the airwaves. :lol:

I also haven't been sick - AT ALL, not even a cold - since NOV2019.