SO: How is Judge Moore doing?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's interesting that Trump has been all over the Franken thing like flies on sh!t yet he's silent about Roy Moore and about his own accusers. Oh, BTW, where did they all go? Been very quiet.

It's fairly common human behavior to revel in the downfall of your attackers. Roy Moore hasn't spent the last two years reviling Donald Trump, accusing him of being a rapist, and calling him filthy names like Al Franken has, so I'm guessing there's a bit of schadenfreude going on.

Not sure why you find that interesting. Do you also find it interesting that not a single Democrat Congresscritter has denounced Big Al and demanded he resign?

awpitt

Main Streeter
It's fairly common human behavior to revel in the downfall of your attackers. Roy Moore hasn't spent the last two years reviling Donald Trump, accusing him of being a rapist, and calling him filthy names like Al Franken has, so I'm guessing there's a bit of schadenfreude going on.

Not sure why you find that interesting. Do you also find it interesting that not a single Democrat Congresscritter has denounced Big Al and demanded he resign?

Yes, I do. Franken should be on his way out.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
NEWSFLASH: The Donk will win. Alabama Republicans should have voted for Luther Strange and that seat would have been solid.

I'm not sure that's going to be the case. If nothing else keeping the story out in front of people is going to prod the people who were leaning towards Moore towards voting for him. The D's not really capitalizing on the situation so he's not picking up votes out of it.

PsyOps

Pixelated
It's interesting that Trump has been all over the Franken thing like flies on sh!t yet he's silent about Roy Moore and about his own accusers. Oh, BTW, where did they all go? Been very quiet.

Could it be because Franken has admitted to it where Moore hasn't?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm not sure that's going to be the case. If nothing else keeping the story out in front of people is going to prod the people who were leaning towards Moore towards voting for him. The D's not really capitalizing on the situation so he's not picking up votes out of it.

We'll see. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if Moore got ran over and had to go be a tent preacher in the backwoods where he belongs. I understand that religious zealots have a right to representation as well, but I'd put that in the House, not the Senate.

My issue with this has ALWAYS been the dirty tricks and "politics of personal destruction", not any support of Moore or caring whether or not the GOP keeps their Senate majority. In fact, if they lose the Senate, that means what's his face has to go to the back of the bus, and I'm okay with that. At least with Schumer you know what you're getting - McConnell is a wolf in sheep's clothing. In fact, I think Trump might actually do better with a Democrat congress.

Hijinx

We'll see. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if Moore got ran over and had to go be a tent preacher in the backwoods where he belongs. I understand that religious zealots have a right to representation as well, but I'd put that in the House, not the Senate.

My issue with this has ALWAYS been the dirty tricks and "politics of personal destruction", not any support of Moore or caring whether or not the GOP keeps their Senate majority. In fact, if they lose the Senate, that means what's his face has to go to the back of the bus, and I'm okay with that. At least with Schumer you know what you're getting - McConnell is a wolf in sheep's clothing. In fact, I think Trump might actually do better with a Democrat congress.

A Democrat Congress is pretty much what he has now.
The Republicans have no I mean NO leadership abilities.

Midnightrider

Could it be because Franken has admitted to it where Moore hasn't?

Just to be clear, Franken admitted to only making a bad joke in the photo. He did not admit sexually assualting anyone. He said he remembered the rehearsal differently.

Not saying he is being truthful, just point8mg out what he actually admitted to. He also called for an ethics investigation into himself.

SamSpade

I think they're leading, it's just where they're leading to that concerns me.

I have to think that if they're actually OBJECTING to increasing the debt, it has to be a lot closer to "stopping whatever Trump proposes".
It's not as though that's ever been their objective.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Just to be clear, Franken admitted to only making a bad joke in the photo. He did not admit sexually assualting anyone. He said he remembered the rehearsal differently.

Not saying he is being truthful, just point8mg out what he actually admitted to. He also called for an ethics investigation into himself.

Fair enough. But he did apologize for whatever happened. I any event, he is admitting he engaged in sexual misconduct and is apologetic over it. He is even saying he will cooperate with the ethics investigations, and eve encouraged the investigation. For that I give him a :yay: for having the honesty to admit his fault. Does this translate into whether I believe he should step down or stay in his seat? I have nothing either way. I have always found it difficult to understand how he got elected in the first place. Perhaps we should just let his constituents decide in his next election.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
For that I give him a :yay: for having the honesty to admit his fault.

Well what's he going to do? There's a photo. I guarantee you that, absent the photograph, he would deny deny deny. In fact, I wish he'd been give the chance to do that, then had the photo flung in his ugly face.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Well what's he going to do? There's a photo. I guarantee you that, absent the photograph, he would deny deny deny. In fact, I wish he'd been give the chance to do that, then had the photo flung in his ugly face.

I don't know, it was just nice to see one of these guys showing contrition rather than trying to make excuses or blame someone else.

Midnightrider

He could have easily said the photo was a joke, which it was, and that he didn’t actually touch her, and that it was part of the show. There are a lot of ways he could have dismissed that photo and the rest of the story. Really, I don’t know how you get impropriety out of the USO story. He was a writer/talent and she was an actress. The entire show was apparently raunchy as is the norm.

D7C85DDF-3FD8-459C-AB91-F9DE92BDEB9A.jpeg
Franken is still a tool

Hijinx

Fair enough. But he did apologize for whatever happened. I any event, he is admitting he engaged in sexual misconduct and is apologetic over it. He is even saying he will cooperate with the ethics investigations, and eve encouraged the investigation. For that I give him a :yay: for having the honesty to admit his fault. Does this translate into whether I believe he should step down or stay in his seat? I have nothing either way. I have always found it difficult to understand how he got elected in the first place. Perhaps we should just let his constituents decide in his next election.

Congressiona ethics investigations into democrats are a kabuki theater joke.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
He could have easily said the photo was a joke, which it was

With the current climate - that they created, let me remind you - his "joke" was akin to rape. Or at least sexual assault.

And then there's this:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-stahl-in-1995-new-york-magazine-article.html

Franken, then a comedian, was quoted in a 1995 New York Magazine article discussing a skit for “Saturday Night Live” that involved drugging and raping CBS reporter Lesley Stahl. Franken, at the time a writer for “SNL,” suggested one skit should play out with “60 Minutes” commentator Andy Rooney finding an empty pill bottle on his desk.

“'I give the pills to Lesley Stahl. Then when Lesley is passed out, I take her to the closet and rape her.' Or ‘That’s why you never see Lesley until February.' Or, ‘When she passes out. I put her in various positions and take pictures of her,’” Franken was quoted saying.

He says that, too, was "just a joke".

Midnightrider

With the current climate - that they created, let me remind you - his "joke" was akin to rape. Or at least sexual assault.

And then there's this:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-stahl-in-1995-new-york-magazine-article.html

He says that, too, was "just a joke".

Now we are going to pretend we don’t know what comedy means?
I’m not a big ‘rape joke’ guy, but people make them. SNL has done them since Franken left.....

[video=youtube_share;eqb0EHxnrSs]https://youtu.be/eqb0EHxnrSs[/video]