So JD Vance....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm not loving this pick. I still see him as a never-Trumper insisting that Trump is Hitler, and I don't believe anyone who is that vehement just, you know, changes their mind ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not that it matters because I'm voting for Trump, not Vance, but Trump needs loyalists in his administration instead of those deep state scumbags he had last time. I know it's tough to find good help in Washington, but Trump needs to be extremely careful this time around and I'm just not seeing Vance as that guy.

I hope he proves me wrong. No doubt Trump thought long and hard about this and took a lot of advice, so what do I know.

NOTSMC

I'm not loving this pick. I still see him as a never-Trumper insisting that Trump is Hitler, and I don't believe anyone who is that vehement just, you know, changes their mind ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not that it matters because I'm voting for Trump, not Vance, but Trump needs loyalists in his administration instead of those deep state scumbags he had last time. I know it's tough to find good help in Washington, but Trump needs to be extremely careful this time around and I'm just not seeing Vance as that guy.

I hope he proves me wrong. No doubt Trump thought long and hard about this and took a lot of advice, so what do I know.
Well that's disappointing. I thought it was going to be this guy. Post 169

Reactions: BOP

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga

I agree.

I'm banking on Trump's instincts on this. :ohwell:

Vance has a JD from Yale > he can take Kamala and her abysmal past record, and will be able to challenge her on ANYTHING that she's not accomplished. :lmao:
He's from Ohiya > the Rust Belt and that help with PA, et al.
He's a Marine
He's YOUNG, but he's a Millennial > and that will help with that demographic
He's a MAGA convert, and I guess I believe that. Trump does -so it will help further that MAGA movement
He's Blue Collar > not an elitist
He's young enough that he will keep his place as VP, but I have NO DOUBT he will carry out every part of the mission POTUS sets out for him.

I don't know that he will have the 2028 automatic ascension to run again, but... if he does well, OK. He can prove himself and we'll see!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Well, it is quite Trumpian to take an outspoken opponent and convert them into an ally. It is one of the traits I like most about Trump. Vance has come around and embraced the America First philosophy.

TPD

the poor dad
Vance was my #2 pick - I think he will do ok.

I think I said on this very forum months ago or last year that Trump was gonna stick with a traditional white guy - he wasn’t gonna pick someone (woman) just because it was the in thing to do. I think if Vance proves himself, he has a good chance at 2028, especially looking at the current stable of demonrats. Hell, Trump may even step aside on his own free will in 3 years to give JD the home court advantage.

Bann

Vance was my #2 pick - I think he will do ok.

I think I said on this very forum months ago or last year that Trump was gonna stick with a traditional white guy - he wasn’t gonna pick someone (woman) just because it was the in thing to do. I think if Vance proves himself, he has a good chance at 2028, especially looking at the current stable of demonrats. Hell, Trump may even step aside on his own free will in 3 years to give JD the home court advantage.
Yes, except for Trump stepping aside! :lol: Can't see why he would do that, except if he got sick.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I guess what bothers me is that he was ignorant and reckless enough to jump on that "Trump is Hitler" bandwagon in the first place. I have a low opinion of anyone who does that despite all evidence to the contrary and no evidence to support it.

Bann

I guess what bothers me is that he was ignorant and reckless enough to jump on that "Trump is Hitler" bandwagon in the first place. I have a low opinion of anyone who does that despite all evidence to the contrary and no evidence to support it.
Agree

TPD

the poor dad
There are born again Christians and born again MAGAs - I think he saw the light and I believe his apology was sincere. I also think Tulsi Gabbard is sincere and would have been a good choice for VP.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
There are born again Christians and born again MAGAs - I think he saw the light and I believe his apology was sincere. I also think Tulsi Gabbard is sincere and would have been a good choice for VP.

I don't believe any politician is sincere. Those days are decades over for me. Now I assume they're scumbags until they repeatedly show me that they're not. Speaking like a human being instead of a speech/teleprompter reader goes a long way; I loathe being spoken to by some bot who's clearly memorized a script - I automatically assume they're lying because typically they are.

🤷‍♀️

We'll see about JD Vance.....

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I think the attempt on his life has given him a different outlook on life, but that’s just me.
He pretty much said that in an interview on Sunday. I don't doubt it. Would anyone, I'd think. Maybe it will result in a more carefully worded Trump and not one who just flies off the handle and ends up saying something ridiculous. Something I'm sure he doesn't completely mean the way he says it.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I like most of what I've seen so far from Doug Burgum...I understand he was on the VP short list. Maybe he'll end up in a key Trump administration position.