So JD Vance....

phreddyp

Yes, except for Trump stepping aside! :lol: Can't see why he would do that, except if he got sick.
Wouldn't surprise me for a minute, Donald plays the LOOOOOONG game, for most Americans the long game is the time between potty breaks, not Trump, as a businessman he is used to working around all sort of obstacles and looks forward.

SamSpade

I've only ever briefly heard him talk. I've long gone past the whole "they went to Yale Law, so they must be smart" stuff.

More and more, I'm gaining doubt on the mental acumen of someone who attended an Ivy Leage law school, although I have to admit, if you get there from humble beginnings - instead of wealth - or affirmative action - it might say something.

Kinda hoping it would be Youngkin, for all kinds of reasons, but it's probably true that Vance is - NOW - more aligned with Donald Trump than any other on the short list. There's little doubt that Vance is conservative and not a RINO.

BOP

I agree.

I'm banking on Trump's instincts on this. :ohwell:

Vance has a JD from Yale > he can take Kamala and her abysmal past record, and will be able to challenge her on ANYTHING that she's not accomplished. :lmao:
He's from Ohiya > the Rust Belt and that help with PA, et al.
He's a Marine
He's YOUNG, but he's a Millennial > and that will help with that demographic
He's a MAGA convert, and I guess I believe that. Trump does -so it will help further that MAGA movement
He's Blue Collar > not an elitist
He's young enough that he will keep his place as VP, but I have NO DOUBT he will carry out every part of the mission POTUS sets out for him.

I don't know that he will have the 2028 automatic ascension to run again, but... if he does well, OK. He can prove himself and we'll see!
I was hoping for Tulsi.

She could have taken Kackles apart with one hand tied behind her back and had only a few leftists accuse her of being racist and misogynistic.

BOP

I had a beard in my 20s to early 30s.

Got rid of it when I took an indoor job, but I just started letting it grow back out the last six years.

Going for the ZZ Top look.
Announcer: he's going for the homeless dude living under a bridge look.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Why, does it give you tingles?

Ha, no. Just think a candidate for such a high level position should have a clean looking face. Now after he gets into office, he could let it grow back. But I think, in the beginning of a race, he should shave it all off to present an overall clean looking properly groomed appearance. My opinion only.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Watching morning Joe few minutes ago, they want to go full “threat to democracy” on the ticket.

Seems they have no intention of toning down the Hitler, Nazi, fascist bullshit.

Scootboot

I watched him on Hannity last night and was impressed. Hannity asked about his past comments about Trump, and he said he was caught up in the media rhetoric but once he actually saw how good Trump was as president he changed his mind. I agree comparing someone to Hitler is pretty extreme, but he seemed sincere in his regret. He said when Trump called to offer him VP his 7 year old son was making noise and Trump said to put him on the phone and talked to him for a bit. He said here is a guy that is getting over an assassination attempt, is having his convention but takes a few minutes to talk to a kid. I was hoping for not another white guy but this is it. If you haven't read his book I would suggest it. He did not have an easy life. I read it just a couple of weeks ago.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Why? Most of the young guys have it.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the look, but both of my boys have mustaches.

(😳 <----- me, as mom
The last photo I have of my oldest without a beard is his HS graduation picture. He started growing his beard his Senior year and hasn't been without it. Been about 5 years and I can't imagine him without it. Now as a husband, I wouldn't want mine to grow a beard. Lucky for me, his grows in patchy so the thought has never occurred to him.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Watching morning Joe few minutes ago, they want to go full “threat to democracy” on the ticket.

Seems they have no intention of toning down the Hitler, Nazi, fascist bullshit.

I never expected them to. But you let a convention crowd yell, "Fight fight fight" similar to any random HS football game, and watch them faint over the "bone chilling" violence....

:lmao:

phreddyp

What I don't understand is that at a time when conservatives are trying to take over the Senate why would you pick a sitting Senator with 4 years left on his term? I don't think that Ohio is a totally red state a special election may not work out the way Republicans want it to. Of course, if the Govenor and he is a Republican and is allowed to appoint someone to serve out his term my this is a moot point. I would hate to lose one of the SCOTUS seats due to this oversight.