So, what does this mean?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Second degree still means he forced her, as far as I'm aware. It just means he had no weapon and didn't beat her up in the process. I think.

This has never been clear to me, how it's determined. First degree, second degree, third degree...

Also, if a 13 year old (for the sake of discussion) willingly has sex (not against her will, not forced), shouldn't the 13 year old at least be required to go to counseling? Realistically, young girls do this stuff every day. They get caught, then cry rape, and they've ruined someone's life (and I'm not talking about just a 37 year old).

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Also, if a 13 year old (for the sake of discussion) willingly has sex (not against her will, not forced), shouldn't the 13 year old at least be required to go to counseling? Realistically, young girls do this stuff every day. They get caught, then cry rape, and they've ruined someone's life (and I'm not talking about just a 37 year old).

Even if the 13 year old is built like a brick ####house and sticks her hooha right in his face, a 37 year old man is supposed to decline her invitation.

If the 13 year old is a prostitute, the man is supposed to decline.

Doesn't matter who she is or what she does.

edinsomd

Too bad Josh A. Maddox isn't a famous film maker and will have to face justice here in the States instead of skipping to France.

Oh, wait.....

bcp

In My Opinion
37 going after a 13 is sick.

but sometimes, the girls themselves can be putting themself into a bad position.

example.
The other night my daughters friend (our second daughter) was at the house.
I had a beer.
So I asked her, you wanna beer? (yes, Pan Lady was home)

She lit up and said sure.

So thats when explained to her that she should NEVER accept a beer from an adult, NEVER, the adult would have only one thing on their mind. If she was going to get a beer, it would have to be from her parents.

So she tells me, your like my second dad, I trust you.

and again, I went on to explain that when children are assualted by adults, the majority of the time it is by someone that is well trusted, like an uncle, or best friend,, or,, second dad?

I think she finally caught on that I was testing to see how she would react, hopefully she got the point. Because, she certainly did not get the beer.:killingme

It's not just consent, it's the use of force or threat of force. The age of consent in Maryland is 16, however a fifteen year old could have consentual sex with an eighteen year old if they were three years apart. A person could be four years older than a 15 year old, but still not 21, and the crime would be a misdemeanor. It becomes a felony when the person is over 21 and the person is under 16, or the person is over 18 and the victim is under 14.

Per § 3-304, if a person engages in vaginal intercourse with someone who is under 14, and they themselves are at least 4 years older than the victim, then they have committed the felony of second degree rape, correct? The law makes no requirement that they be over 18, in order to be 'guilty of the felony of rape in the second degree', is that not correct?

With regard to what distinguishes first degree rape from second degree rape, I was listing various conditions which could distinguish them and I wasn't being particularly comprehensive in the technical description of those things. But, you are correct, technically I should have said 'Sometimes the distinction has to do with whether or not the act was committed 'by force, or the threat of force, without the consent' of the victim,'. Just as I condensed some of the other descriptions, I condensed that description to 'consent'. And people wonder why I'm so verbose and go to such lengths to be technically precise - see what happens when I cheat a little? :lol:

That said, there are circumstances where the presence or absence of that particular condition, as I've just described it, might distinguish first degree rape from second degree rape, per § 3-303 et seq.

I wasnt directly addressing the 13 year old with the 37 year old, i was responding to Eddy's comment that a 13 year old can not consent to sex due to her age.

He is correct. :shrug:

Nucklesack is technically correct. A 13 year old can consent to sex, and thereby make the act not second degree rape on the part of her partner - but she can't do that with someone who is at least 4 years older than she is. Nucklesack's point is that it isn't just due to her age, it is due to her age in combination with the other person's age. Does the point matter? I don't know - but it's technically correct.

Second degree still means he forced her, as far as I'm aware. It just means he had no weapon and didn't beat her up in the process. I think.

If she's under 14, and he's at least 4 years older - vaginal intercourse - it's second degree rape. She coulda wooed him with roses and serenaded him with Conway Twitty tunes, and it wouldn't matter.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If she's under 14, and he's at least 4 years older - vaginal intercourse - it's second degree rape. She coulda wooed him with roses and serenaded him with Conway Twitty tunes, and it wouldn't matter.

Surely not Conway Twitty tunes.... :cds:

eddy1

Per § 3-304, if a person engages in vaginal intercourse with someone who is under 14, and they themselves are at least 4 years older than the victim, then they have committed the felony of second degree rape, correct? The law makes no requirement that they be over 18, in order to be 'guilty of the felony of rape in the second degree', is that not correct?
That is correct.
With regard to what distinguishes first degree rape from second degree rape, I was listing various conditions which could distinguish them and I wasn't being particularly comprehensive in the technical description of those things. But, you are correct, technically I should have said 'Sometimes the distinction has to do with whether or not the act was committed 'by force, or the threat of force, without the consent' of the victim,'. Just as I condensed some of the other descriptions, I condensed that description to 'consent'. And people wonder why I'm so verbose and go to such lengths to be technically precise - see what happens when I cheat a little? :lol:

That said, there are circumstances where the presence or absence of that particular condition, as I've just described it, might distinguish first degree rape from second degree rape, per § 3-303 et seq.

:buddies:

eddy1

This has never been clear to me, how it's determined. First degree, second degree, third degree...

Well who are you talking about then?

seeamovie

Even if the 13 year old is built like a brick ####house and sticks her hooha right in his face, a 37 year old man is supposed to decline her invitation.

This is so true. I can't imagine what type of person would lay blame with the thirteen year old in a case such as this. I think this is why so many women are afraid to come forward when they are raped, because even in a case like this, where there is no question the man is wrong, people still look to place blame on the woman or girl.

mAlice

professional daydreamer

I agree, but my question is, when the little 13 year old tart is shoving it in someone's face, should she get a free pass to do it again? I mean, that's the lesson she's getting. Right?

What if it's a 17 year old girl, and a 20 year old guy?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I agree, but my question is, when the little 13 year old tart is shoving it in someone's face, should she get a free pass to do it again? I mean, that's the lesson she's getting. Right?

What if it's a 17 year old girl, and a 20 year old guy?

17 and 20 is legal, I believe.

A 13 year old who was putting it out there would be considered delinquent, and her parents would get in trouble. She may be removed from the household or whatever they do with kids who're running wild with no parental supervision.

PS, we do not know that the girl from this story was a kiddie slut. As far as we know, she was forcibly raped.