So, what does this mean?

eddy1

Why do you insist on making it about this particular case? I'm talking about the law in general.

Ok, in ANY CASE where an adult has sex with a child I believe they should be convicted. I don't believe a 13 year old should ever be held accountable when it comes to having sex with an adult.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Ok, in ANY CASE where an adult has sex with a child I believe they should be convicted. I don't believe a 13 year old should ever be held accountable when it comes to having sex with an adult.

But a 16 year could be held accountable, right?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Accountable how? What do you believe should be done?

Let me rephrase it.

Do you think that a 16 year old who willingly has sex with someone who is more than 4 years her senior (lets say he's 21), should not be held accountable in any fashion, while the perpetrator has his name plastered all over the news, loses his job, goes to jail, then has to register as a sex offender?

You see, I look at this kind of like I look at the kidnapping statistics.

When daddy takes the kids from mommy, without the courts permission, that becomes a statistic. Even if the kidnapping was not detrimental to the child, daddy is still lumped in with all the scary criminals.

There's just too much gray area.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I understand what you're saying, mAlice, and I'm with you to some extent. When I was 13 I certainly knew what I was doing, although I hadn't had sex yet. So a 13 year old girl, and even a 12 year old girl, is very much able to consent to sex and even instigate it, realistically if not legally.

We have this weird sexual schizophrenia in this county: on one hand, we market sexual pop culture to young teens; then we infantize them on the other, claiming they don't know what they're doing. Here, Tiffany, wear these sexy clothes with your belly showing and accenting your non-existent curves. Read this magazine aimed at girls your age that tell you how to turn a guy on. But by god, if you practice what we're teaching you, your target can go to jail and become a registered sex offender.

It makes no sense.

Cowgirl

Even if an underaged girl DID instigate and try to seduce an older guy, it's STILL his fault if he has sex with her. He can try to say she seduced him, but he's still the one that controls his own sexual organs. Still his fault. If he doesn't want his life ruined, he should control himself.

eddy1

Let me rephrase it.

Do you think that a 16 year old who willingly has sex with someone who is more than 4 years her senior (lets say he's 21), should not be held accountable in any fashion, while the perpetrator has his name plastered all over the news, loses his job, goes to jail, then has to register as a sex offender?

Where are you getting this? This is not the case at all! Nobody's name is plastered anywhere. Nobody is arrested for this. Nobody is taken to jail!

You see, I look at this kind of like I look at the kidnapping statistics.

When daddy takes the kids from mommy, without the courts permission, that becomes a statistic. Even if the kidnapping was not detrimental to the child, daddy is still lumped in with all the scary criminals.

There's just too much gray area.

How do you know there's no detriment to the child. How do you know that for years to come, that child doesn't have some sort of detachment phobia because the child was deprived of the comfort or care of the other parent?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Eddy, shut up.

This is why I have you on ignore and am always sorry when I get curious and read one of your posts.

mAlice is talking in general, not about this specific girl. I think she has made that clear, yet you still persist in personalizing it. Good thing for you Mental Illness Awareness week is almost over.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Eddy, shut up.

This is why I have you on ignore and am always sorry when I get curious and read one of your posts.

mAlice is talking in general, not about this specific girl. I think she has made that clear, yet you still persist in personalizing it. Good thing for you Mental Illness Awareness week is almost over.

I should follow suit. Thanks.

Nucklesack

37 going after a 13 is sick.

but sometimes, the girls themselves can be putting themself into a bad position.

example.
The other night my daughters friend (our second daughter) was at the house.
I had a beer.
So I asked her, you wanna beer? (yes, Pan Lady was home)

She lit up and said sure.

So thats when explained to her that she should NEVER accept a beer from an adult, NEVER, the adult would have only one thing on their mind. If she was going to get a beer, it would have to be from her parents.

So she tells me, your like my second dad, I trust you.

and again, I went on to explain that when children are assualted by adults, the majority of the time it is by someone that is well trusted, like an uncle, or best friend,, or,, second dad?

I think she finally caught on that I was testing to see how she would react, hopefully she got the point. Because, she certainly did not get the beer.:killingme

What kind of beer?

eddy1

Eddy, shut up.

Keep me on ignore then you ignorant moron! No, she has not made it clear. She still insists on placing blame on victim's of sexual assaults. Are you that stupid that you can't read it? If you don't like what I am writing than don't read it.

Beta84

They're out to get us
Looking at Second degree vs. First degree. Just doesn't sound like the 13 year old had sex against her will.

It's a given that he's a pervert, but that doesn't make her any less of a tart.

Sounds like Lolita to me

acommondisaster

I think that second degree does not just pertain to the age of the victim, nor whether she tried to consent or not - it can also have to do with threat.

The way it was explained to me was show a gun, it's 1st degree, threaten that you have a gun, it's 2nd degree.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I agree, but my question is, when the little 13 year old tart is shoving it in someone's face, should she get a free pass to do it again? I mean, that's the lesson she's getting. Right?

What if it's a 17 year old girl, and a 20 year old guy?

I see your point I think..

She can make a game out of ruining mens lives with no repercussions for her.

This one 37 year old's life is over.. He's going to jail, have to register for the rest of his life.. and there's a good chance she's already having sex with another adult male.. just waiting for him to piss her off so she can report him and ruin his life too..

We'll never know her name because she's 13 and protected, so there's no way of knowing if this is the first or 29th adult male going to jail for having "concensual" sex with her. As far as we know, she could have sex with the guy, asks for $1500 and when she doesn't get it, calls the cops.. and in reality would NEVER get charged with a crime even if it was true.

acommondisaster

Geez, I feel like there are a bunch of women haters in this thread. I don't really think a 13 year old can be a tart around a 37 year old. She's incredibly misguided and undisciplined, but there's probably 13 years of bad parenting behind it. And even if she does "stick it in a 37 year old's face" then he ought to be marching her off to her parents and telling them exactly what she was doing. That's the lesson she should get. I'm not sure what lesson others here might imagine she should be getting for such behavior. Or he should be calling the cops for his own protection, although I imagine that comes it it's own set of problems. But I don't see where so many are assuming that that's what happened.

WomensLaw.org | Maryland Statutes: § 3-304. Rape in the second degree

So I looked it up. Age isn't the only factor.

1st degree: Vaginal intercourse by force AND one of the following:

(2)(i) employ or display a dangerous weapon, or a physical object that the victim reasonably believes is a dangerous weapon;

(ii) suffocate, strangle, disfigure, or inflict serious physical injury on the victim or another in the course of committing the crime;

(iii) threaten, or place the victim in fear, that the victim, or an individual known to the victim, imminently will be subject to death, suffocation, strangulation, disfigurement, serious physical injury, or kidnapping;

(iv) commit the crime while aided and abetted by another; or

(v) commit the crime in connection with a burglary in the first, second, or third degree.

OR under the age of 13.

Second degree:

Vaginal intercourse by force AND one of the following:
(a) A person may not engage in vaginal intercourse with another:

(1) by force, or the threat of force, without the consent of the other;

(2) if the victim is a mentally defective individual, a mentally incapacitated individual, or a physically helpless individual, and the person performing the act knows or reasonably should know that the victim is a mentally defective individual, a mentally incapacitated individual, or a physically helpless individual; or

(3) if the victim is under the age of 14 years, and the person performing the act is at least 4 years older than the victim.

Prohibited--Children under age 13

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
She can make a game out of ruining mens lives with no repercussions for her.

WHO ruined their life???

Seems to me that an adult man would have just a pinch more sense than a 13 year old kid. And any guy who messes with a girl that age deserves what he gets. Sorry, I don't feel any sympathy for them.

bcp

In My Opinion
WHO ruined their life???

Seems to me that an adult man would have just a pinch more sense than a 13 year old kid. And any guy who messes with a girl that age deserves what he gets. Sorry, I don't feel any sympathy for them.
I agree.
I dont care if she has the body and looks of a 22 year old playboy model and you find her naked on your bed begging you to hop in.
as an adult you have the responsibility to get her back into reality, and then let her parents know, or the police or child services or SOMEONE that can step in before she makes an incredible mistake.