So what's everyone doing today?

Chopticon64

I'm about over retirement - it's pretty boring.

But today I'm going to the flea market, then to a couple of farmers markets. Then I want to clean my floors and repot some plants.

What are you doing today?
Join a book club

Join a hiking club!

I’m members of both, you meet new people, with hiking you’re outdoors, get exercise, no phones.

The book club forces you to focus, you get new takes on the same material.

Meetup is a great place to start, then those folks you get to know turn into friends and, if you’re nice, you get invited to things, boredom solved!

Chopticon64

Join a book club

Join a hiking club!

I’m members of both, you meet new people, with hiking you’re outdoors, get exercise, no phones.

The book club forces you to focus, you get new takes on the same material.

Meetup is a great place to start, then those folks you get to know turn into friends and, if you’re nice, you get invited to things, boredom solved!
I cringe at me making this suggestion, but you should consider it

Maybe go volunteer for Trump in a swing state? Spend a few weeks in Michigan or Pennsylvania, you’re obviously super passionate about the cause, you’d be around like minded folks, you’d be busy, and you’d have purpose.

There is too much available to be bored.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Worked 0900-1300, Pulled my truck inside the shop for a little maintenance, got home in time for a quick lunch and new modem/router was delivered. Setup router, called Breezeline to update the MAC address and reset the connection, still no internet. :( Now just chilling on the back porch contemplating whether to call Breezeline tonight to set up a visit or just wait until morning.

Today’s harvest… beat the rain. Processing into salsa, pizza sauce and chili base tomorrow.
IMG_6735.jpeg

stgislander

PREMO Member
Helped with breakfast at the Soup Kitchen. Washed and folded laundry. (Another contractual obligation.) Mowed some grass before the rain. Cleaned out the garden pond after our mimosa tree filled it with blooms. (I hate that tree!) Carried in groceries. And then took a nap while it rained.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Helped with breakfast at the Soup Kitchen. Washed and folded laundry. (Another contractual obligation.) Mowed some grass before the rain. Cleaned out the garden pond after our mimosa tree filled it with blooms. (I hate that tree!) Carried in groceries. And then took a nap while it rained.
That nap made it all seem worthwhile, didn't it?

I remember fighting afternoon naps as a toddler. Now I look forward to them. Afternoon, evening, morning, it really doesn't matter. If you need to recharge, you need to recharge. :yay:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
It's going to be a great day weather-wise, it seems!!! :yahoo:

I gotta mow the grass today, but will have to wait until it dries out! :lol: I'll walk first, and then it will probably be dry. Might catch a Sunday Funday someplace later since I stayed home last night. :jet: (After I put the planning touches on my FL vaca to Lakeland next month to see the nieces) Have a great day !!:dance:

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
That has got to be the most bizarre activity I’ve heard about for adults in the last 30 years.

Something for those with stunted childhoods I assume.
With a stay at home parent, these activities are utilized to enhance the child's motor skills and creativity. Most daycare facilities ploop the kids down in from of the TV and tune into age appropriate entertainment. These "adults" are just discovering the joys of childhood that they missed out on being raised by baby sitters.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That has got to be the most bizarre activity I’ve heard about for adults in the last 30 years.

Something for those with stunted childhoods I assume.

I think of it like Paint By Number. Creating art, but not really. And then you have this thing you feel compelled to keep, but it just ends up being clutter.

I always thought a book club would be a great hobby for me until I actually joined one. The books were stupid and not something I'd ever choose for myself, the other members were, um, not my type.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
I think of it like Paint By Number. Creating art, but not really. And then you have this thing you feel compelled to keep, but it just ends up being clutter.

I think I missed out on getting the art fascination gene.

Mechanical and electronic things always appeal to me much more. That said I wasn’t much of a coloring book or paint by numbers kid.

GregV814

removing follicular abundance from nose and ears..... complaining about everything..... went to one of the two worst DD's in Calvert..... waited a while for the clerk to say "hello" took em 3-4 minutes to stick their cruddy fingers onto a stale chocolate glazed donut.... $12.99 for a donut, (made that price up ).... now I gotta deal with YOU ppl... Otherwise, GREAT!!

PJay

People need to STFU about stuff they know nothing about. Just because it may not be enjoyable to YOU does not make a person crazy because they do enjoy it.

GURPS why do you enjoy sitting countless hours playing video games? Not my thing but I would not label you a retard for doing so.

Good grief. I don't color countless hours.. occasionally I do.. it's relaxing. That's it! I like putting puzzles together too.:razz:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
People need to STFU about stuff they know nothing about. Just because it may not be enjoyable to YOU does not make a person crazy because they do enjoy it.

GURPS why do you enjoy sitting countless hours playing video games? Not my thing but I would not label you a retard for doing so.

Good grief. I don't color countless hours.. occasionally I do.. it's relaxing. That's it! I like putting puzzles together too.:razz:

Relax. Color if you want to, it's no dumber than any other hobby. No need to be defensive.